You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Daddy?

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy?

 

This takes place in 1999 the night my dad passed away. I don't remember much because I was only six years old at the time. My mom, aunt and stepsister had gone into the room my dad passed away in to talk about something or another. I had gotten bored and started pacing around the living room and I decided to look out the window for some odd reason and right in front of me was a man with a bright golden light around him but I couldn't see his face. It wasn't the street lamp because the only lamp on my street had blown out long before my dad passed away and like I said, it was night. Anyway, I screamed for my mom and she came running out asking what was wrong. I told the three of them what I saw but my mom didn't see anything when she looked out the window. I never saw the man again after that. To this very day I believe it was my dad but I don't think he meant for me to see him.

My mom also had a type of experience but I didn't get much detail except it was 1993 and I believe she said it too was the night her mom passed away and her and my aunt looked out a window and saw a light go straight up into the sky. My mom and I believe that it was my grandma. Both my brothers said it was a star or a plane.

Other hauntings by SilentAngel93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilentAngel93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vellyth1990 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I completely agree with Jazzey on this one. Sometimes they only want to be seen by one person, and he chose you. He loves you very much to have let you see him one last time.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
SilentAngel93: Thanks for sharing. Sounds like your father intended for you and only you to see him. This was his way of letting you know through that beautiful, bright glow that he is alright and happy. You would know if he wasn't alright and if he was not at peace. The light your mother saw was indeed your grandmother communicating with her.

Take care
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
Loosing loved ones and near death experiences seem to be the most likely time to have an unexplainable event take place. I would bet that if everyone who had one came forward to share it would become an excepted experience that one wouldn't be embarrassed to admit or share.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
It could very possibly be your father, if he wasn't ready to leave just yet and wanted to see you one last time. It is scary sometimes to see things we feel we shouldn't see.

Thanks for sharing the memory 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: