You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Presence

 

This takes place in the same house my dad passed away in and had been going on for as long as I can remember.

I lived in that house for almost twenty years, and would always feel someone watching me wherever I went: in the living room, the kitchen, bathroom and all the bedrooms. And I know that people couldn't watch me while I was in the bathroom or kitchen because there weren't any windows, and all the bedrooms had thick, dark curtains covering them at all times. The only windows in the living room had a motion sensor porch light outside.

The presence I feel every time I'm in that house doesn't necessarily feel evil, but it's not good either. I've never felt very comfortable there, and I know it's not my dad.

I've moved recently and live across the street from my brother and his family, and I don't ever feel anything in my new house, but I do often feel a benevolent presence in my brother's house. An elderly woman died in their house, and my brother's wife feels and sees her every few weeks.

Some of my sister-in-law's experiences in her house was that she was home alone, arranging different colored containers of baby wipes in a small closet, and the middle container was pulled out when she opened the closet. She rearranged them again, and the middle was pulled out a second time. She yelled "Leave it alone, I like it there!" rearranged them yet again, and it hasn't happened since.

At times my four month old nephew will turn his head, look at a bare wall and giggle. When he is being changed in another room, he will look up to the corner of the ceiling, will hardly of blink and giggle, which happens every time he is laid on his changing table.

While my brother was changing my nephew, the baby started screaming bloody murder, so my brother took him out of the room and held him close to his chest, which is when he started to feel a little skeptical about spirits.

My sister-in-law just pointed this out to me. My cat, Abby, was very, very skittish around everything and everyone, and would follow me wherever I went around the house. Now that we've moved and Abby is comfortable, which only took two and a half days, she goes wherever she pleases and seems to be happier.

Whether all this means there is a spirit in my old house or in my brother's, I don't know, but it's strange that I feel more comfortable in a new house than I did in the house I was raised in.

Other hauntings by SilentAngel93

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilentAngel93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
Oh, another thing... The camera can be a two way thing... An individual can feel they are being watched... Or someone who is sensitive may feel drawn to watch a certian individual via the CCTV system because they 'feel' the intent of that particular individual.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
Funny thing about a criminal who acts like they are being watched... That is most likely why they look suspicious in the first place... Even if they have not been focused on as a suspect...it's their actions that give their intent away and draw the attention of security or the police.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
rook - or has reason to think they are being watched. Criminal activity comes to mind LOL
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
L,

Depends on how you define intent. With CCTV an individual may not feel like they are being watched if the cameras are simply being recorded or if the individual watching is observing the entire crowd...it's not until their focus becomes FIXED on an individual that they MAY get the feeling of being watched.

Hope that makes sense... This of course will depend if the individual 'under survalience' is sensitive or not.

Respectfully,

Rook
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
Thanks for that Tweed, when a topic gets in my head at times I start heading off in all directions! Ah, you have a live in "guest watcher"? I'm such a scardy pants don't know how you do it 😁 Well, say hello from me!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
L Melb, just chiming in on what you asked about intent of watchers, I'd say definitely, no question about it the intent of a watcher creates the feeling of being watched. But all situations are different. For instance, there are loads of encounters here with people reporting feeling watched by an ill intended watcher. While others may feel danger needlessly as they feel 'watched' by a curious individual who means no harm. But the fact there is a watcher, regardless of intent, freaks most people out. As Rook said, we've been top of the food chain for so long we've dulled these senses, resulting in much confusion. But with a little due diligence the crux of any watcher's intent can be figured out.

As an amusing side note I have a watcher who reads over my shoulder on YGS and I'm pretty sure he's doing it now, as I type, so this sentence is for him to read and purely for my own amusement. 😆
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-12)
Sorry Rook but another question has jumped into my mind (careful what you ask for!) I was thinking about an article I saw about how London is awash with surveillance cameras that people don't even notice that got my train of thought going... Do you think it may also be the intent of the "watcher" that creates the feeling? That we get that uncomfortable alert at certain times and regarding cctv type situations we know why they're there and we're comfortable so ignore them - do you see (no pun) where I'm coming from? Just a thought but don't know if it has any validity - thanks again, L
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
Thanks for that as I know the feeling you get when you know someone is staring at you and yes, it's like your "magnetically" caused to respond. However I can just zone out security cameras which are obviously there to watch. Perhaps a non sensitive like me needs the obvious human element. Thanks again, L
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
L_Melb,

'Feeling Watched' goes hand in hand with being 'energy sensitive'. You may have heard the theory of EMF sensitivity?

If not here is the nut shell definition...

EMF Sensitivity: High Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) may cause any (or all) of the following: the feeling of being watched, red marks (as if the individual has been touched/scratched), upset stomach, headaches and even hallucinations. However careful documentation MUST be kept by investigators as areas that have a naturally high EMF Field may attract spirits... They would in turn use the higher levels of energy in the environment to manifest... In which case the same 'symptoms' may be experienced.

That being stated it's the sensitivity part that focuses on your question. Individuals with a high degree of sensitivity to energy will detect when an individual is staring at them, or when they enter and area with High EMF... Even when someone using a CCTV camera has focused on them (if they are sensitive enough). I personally feel its part of our natural 'flight or fight' instinct, and that humans being 'on top' of the food chain for so long have begun to loose this ability.

I hope that answers your question, please feel free to ask any more you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-11)
Thanks SilentAngel for sharing this - again, it brings up more questions we wish could be answered! I find it strange how often that people mention the "feeling" of being watched - I've often wondered about how with all the cctv cameras we are surrounded by where in fact there is someone watching - why don't we have this reaction? (Or maybe everyone does and I'm the odd one out 😕) If anyone has a theory on this, I'd love to hear their perspective.
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
Hi! Thank you for sharing!
The old woman might still want to be in the house since its not following you.

Is your brother's family OK there far? 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: