You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Screaming And Running Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming And Running Woman

 

Alright, my second post on here. My husband is now living back at the house with us. So my further post will include him, unless they are from the past, in which case they won't have him.

Just the other day I was walking up in my attic to hopefully find a play station that I hadn't been able to find downstairs. My husband followed behind to help me look, both of us wanting to relive the old memories with the play station. We decided to talk just a little before we started looking, and as I was talking he turned his head and started to look around. I looked at him, waiting to continue and he looked back at me. The only thing I could think of saying was, "What?" he shook his head and said, "Did you hear that?" I shook my head, because I hadn't heard anything at all. Which is unusual, I'm usually the one out of the two of us that hears, sees, and feels stuff. Out of the two of us, I'm the one that's a medium. He is a rather strict nonbeliever, but the spirits in my house are now determined to change that.

I just looked at him. I didn't know what he was talking about, I hadn't heard anything. The attic had been oddly peaceful (it usually wasn't. You could go up there and the air got thicker, and hard to breath), and we were enjoying the cool air. It was peaceful, calm and cool. I looked at him and asked what it was he had heard, and he shook his head again looking around, and then looked back at me. I had to ask again before he'd tell me. He said he heard a woman screaming for help. I then had to explain that the land our house is on, used to have a two storey house on it and that house was hers, and her abusive husband's house.

We can hear her running on what is now our ceiling, and in our attic. I believe it to be a residual haunt, only because it happens without any change. It's always the same, and we hear her running. I've never heard her yell though, and I have felt her spirit a lot. She's trapped, and all I can do is pray. I pray that God will come and save her from this continuous hell, I can't do anything else.

Other hauntings by hope4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hope4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

signup (31 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
You could ask a priest to set her free and bless the house.
Poor soul.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
We (meaning my family and I) used to have a residual haunting in a house I lived in when I was six years old.

Every night, "invisible" people would come and wash invisible dishes, and sweep the floor with invisible brooms.

It always happened right after a very small "ding!" of a bell, and it always sounded exactly the same!

I think it's amazing how energy can become trapped like that! It's such a fascinating type of haunting in my opinion.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
PS. When I put that I don't feel her spirit in the comment, I mean I don't feel it like I do other spirits. I think what I actually feel and take as her is the energy that is trapped there. I don't know, I haven't been up there for a little while, kind of worried about going back up. But I thought I'd clear that up, just in case.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Jennifer- Thank you for your comment. I enjoy telling of my experiences, when they open the eyes of a nonbeliever, then it's completely worth it.

As far as I know the residual haunt, there is no spirit attached to it. The spirit is gone, I don't feel her spirit around, so I continue to go with that assumtion. And it was a rather interesting experience, because it helped make my husband really believe.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
hope4ever: That is unusual how you didn't pick up on hearing the woman screaming, although even though you being a medium your mind may have been focused and preoccupied with finding the play station and that was the last thing going through your head! Just a possibility, although you where in your attic.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
I was thinking like Jennifer
If your haunt is residual, how can a part of her still be there?

A personal question hope,
Did your psychic ability come between you and your husband? I could see that being the case in many seperations.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Hi Hope4ever,
I have enjoyed your stories. Thanks for sharing! I may be wrong but I thought that a residual haunt was one where if the conditions are right, then the same scenario plays over and over again like a recording. If that is the case then her soul wouldn't still be there (I don't think). So basically you're hearing a recording of the past. Anyways, that sounds like a terrifying experience. Please keep us posted. 😊

Jennifer ❤
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Unknown- I don't know how exactly to interrupt a residual haunt or I would have a long time go. I agree they deserve peace, I feel sorry for her, continuously running like she does, it's horrible.

If you know how to interrupt the residual haunt, please let me know. I'm eager to help her.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Well then, let's hope she is rescued by God of Christianity, with respect, from the prison she is in now.

Well, have anyone tried to interrupt a residual haunting? It might be interesting depending on the people who do it. Be peace come to those spirits who are trapped on Earth's prison.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: