You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Was That Feeling?

Real Ghost Stories

What Was That Feeling?

 

My story starts when I was 16 years old. First let me start by telling you I lived with my grandparents for most of my childhood. The house we lived in was an average house. When you walk in you are in the front room. There is a hallway to your left that leads into the bathroom, computer room, and my grandparent's bedroom. The kitchen and dining room is to your right and a basement door is in the kitchen.

It was late in the evening. I was watching over the house while my grandparents were on vacation. I had lain in my grandparent's room to watch TV. In the mean time I had fallen asleep. It was about 2:30 in the morning or so when I felt something was hovering over me. I felt a cool breeze over my whole body. Let me just say it was cold outside so no windows were open no fans just the heat. I didn't want to open my eyes for fear that I would see something that I didn't want to see.

My heart was racing and I wanted to get out of the house but on the other hand I didn't want to move. Mom said that she would stop by after she got off work (Mom worked the midnight shift at FedEx). I was lying there waiting for this "thing" to go away. I didn't hear anything just felt that it was hovering over me. It felt like it was trying to make me open my eyes with a breeze blowing in my ear and my feet. I sleep on my right side and have to have a foot hanging out. I ignored it until I feel back asleep. Mom came to check on me at 6:30 in the morning. When she laid down next to me she said how is my number 1-1 this morning (This is a nickname for me. It stands for first child first daughter). I said tired. I didn't tell anyone in my family about this because they are very religious and they would have probably put me in a crazy house. I have never experienced anything like that again. I am now 30 years old and have not forgotten about this.

I found this site looking for something to read at work. I had forgotten my book and was on a lunch break so I have read several stories and given advice on a few. I don't need help I just thought I would put my story here. Any and all comments are welcome. I know this is not much of a story as some on this site.

Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pudge23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Ringofskill120,
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I have been busy. Yes I still go every Sunday to granny's house. I have not felt anything in a long while. The strange thing is my grandpa (granny's husband) passed away on the couch she still has. I now get a warm feeling when I walk in the house. He was and still is my heart ❤.
Ringofskill120 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Pudge,
When you do visit on every sunday, do you still experience anything paranormal? If so how do you react? And that is nice that you go there every sunday to visit your grandmother 😊
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Ringofskill120,
I have not watched the house again unless my husband or someone in the physical world is with me. I still visit the house every Sunday beacuse my grandmother lives there. Thank you for reading my story.
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Kioko,
I am not sure what the "thing" was. I have never felt anything like that sence. My grandfather passed away 10-4-03 and I haven't felt him. I know he is still with me though. Thank you for reading my story.
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Vulcan10,
It was an average house. The house itselfe is about 70 years old. I have always had a good reliationship with my mom and my grandparents. I know I wouldn't be in the situation I am in without them.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Was this a very old house? Old houses are really drafty. It was good knowing that your mother loved you like that wasn't it. Mine does too. It's terrible that there are so many who never knew that kind of love growing up. I knew friends whose houses I went over to and I could tell, there was kind of a love aura you could feel being put off by certain parents and others was a vast emotional emptyness. I felt sorry for those kids then and now.
kioko (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
oohh...wow. Do you think it just wanted to acompany you until your mother got home? My little spirit in my house does.^,^ 😊
Ringofskill120 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Interesting story. I would be scared too but at least you were ok 😊. I enjoyed reading it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: