You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Four In The Morning Is Too Early For This

Real Ghost Stories

Four In The Morning Is Too Early For This

 

A strange thing happened at work (imagine that).

Yesterday, one of the resident's cats was going nuts howling and carrying on as if he had not been fed for a month of Fridays. This cat would NOT be consoled. His owner and his son went crazy trying to hush him up. They even took him on a ride. Nothing worked. This morning I got the disturbing news that the owner of the cat had passed away unexpectedly in the night, VERY early hours of the morning. THIS morning...

This morning I arrived about fifteen minutes early for a client, so I took a seat on the settee that is set up right outside the "game room" (a few doors down from the cats' apartment). All that is in that room is a pool table with accessories, and a few chairs with one table. As I was sitting there going over some paperwork for the day, I distinctly heard the sound that two pool balls make when they tap one another. I figured I would go into the game room and watch for a few minutes, maybe join in on the friendly banter that happens every time there is a pool game. The lights were out, and the door was locked. I stepped outside, (needed a bit of fresh 4am air) took a few deep breaths and turned right around and headed back for the door and my clients apartment. The automatic door would not slide open. I swiped my badge, nothing. I called the front desk, no answer. I stood in the "eye" of the door. Nothing. I jumped up and down, waving my arms and making myself rather big. Nothing. I finally called security and asked them to send someone as I needed to assist with a shower. The attendant walked up to the door, it slid open.

I said "Wait, wait, wait. Come out HERE and try that."

She did, and it opened right up. Security had to check on the door (fire hazard and all). NOTHING wrong with it, they could not get it to freeze as it did on me. While watching the security tapes, they were all laughing uncontrollably at my attempts to get the door to reopen. When the attendant walked onto the tape, they stopped laughing. Leaving my side was a defined "Shadow" of what appeared to be a stooped over elderly man, walking with a cane, and limping with his left leg. Guess who matched that description?

They decided to back up the tape a mite to when I walked in, to see where the shadow came from. They watched me walk in, take a look at the clock, and take a seat. They watched as I began my paperwork, and as I was blocked from view by something. You cannot tell what, but SOMETHING gave my image on the tape a "watery" look, and then blocked me out completely. When I looked up, then packed up (I am thinking this must have been when I heard the pool balls), the video affliction cleared. When I stood, it shifted to the right. When I walked up to the door of the game room, it followed. At one point, right after I walked, literally, into the locked door (Stupid security cameras seem to always pick me up when I am at my least graceful), a... "tentacle" (honestly, just repeating what was told me) seemed to reach over my shoulder, and touch the door. From a different witness to the tape, it appeared to wrap around me, perhaps in protection OF the door. Maybe whatever it was did not like the thought of my having a pug nose.

The ONLY thing I felt was the chill in the air when I walked out of the doors. It was four in the morning, and it is still Spring like weather. It is expected to be chilly. I did not FEEL anything, meaning, no emotion. I only heard the pool balls. Nothing else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Miss you sweetie. I could totally use your perspective right now. Loves.
Mercury_Lyn (5 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Wow. That's awesome. I seriously would have freaked out when I heard what was on the tape though >.>;
tburgos305 (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
HI WHITEBUFFALO wow that sounds really creepy but misterious at the same time I would love to see the video... I bet it was a great experience for you to see yourself and a spirit actually almost bonding together...
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
Hi Whitebuffalo:
Yes,I can do it.
I really have many questions and don't know how to do.
See you on email later.
Thanks again.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
Special.
You are extremely welcome.
Just make it personal. Make the words come from YOU, Creator knows the intent of your heart and all will be good.
If you need me, you know where to find me.
Wa-do.
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Hi Whitebuffalo:
You taught me the (all comes from your soul),
I really anabiosis my 'faith' again now.
I won't be control by the 'chants' again.

I already found the"phrase"i wanted the:
(By all that is good and Holy I chase you from this place, and ban you from ever returning) it's in my wallet now.

How wisdom and kindly the person you're.
Thanks you so much

Special (Hong Kong 5:51am)
crumpits1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
thats some pretty freaky stuff ae!
I bet you got the heeby jeebies when you saw the tape?

:)
Crumpits1
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Greetings, Granny.
You know? I get the distinct feel that is EXACTLY what "they" are waiting on. I tell you, I have not heard so many stupid excuses since the four oldest ones were all in school together, and ONE of them got caught skipping school. The other three decided to make up stories on what happened there. Amazing. All of them trying to get ONE out of trouble, and NONE of them spoke to one another to corroborate their stories.
Pffft. Amateurs.
I just do not get it.
Why all the hoopla if there is nothing to get jinkie over?
Wa-do.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
whitebuffalo: How do you read our minds like that? LOL! 😆...

This is totaly unbelieveable!...Wonder if your crew cut another just in case the next one gets "lost"?...What I really wonder is, why are they going to so much trouble to keep it under wraps, when there's really "nothing" there? Hahahahaha!

Boy, will it ever end?...I bet that's what they're waiting for, everyone to relax and forget about it! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Well. For ANYONE interested...
I FAILED the Wellness Screening miserably. 😭 And NOT for the reasons some of you MIGHT be thinking right now. 😆
Anywho, guess the stress levels have to go down, the sugar, cholesterol and weight up. So, I have a new goal for the next six months.
Crud.
Guess what?! The tape GOT LOST. Can you IMAGINE?
The lab got in touch with our Security Department and let them know they were EXTREMELY sorry, but it was ON the shelf, weekend hit, it was NOT on the shelf come Monday. They searched for it (I am guessing a cursory "search") the entire week, but it is no where to be found.
Hmmm. Guess it was a good thing OUR Security Department cut a copy before sending it in. NEW lab, though.
These loops we have to jump through are driving me CRAZY! And I have to watch my stress (closing eyes, taking DEEP breath, exhaling slowly while humming monotonously)...
Can this SEEM any more "cover up" than what it does to me?
Wa-do.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Hahaha DeviousAngel I thought exactly the same thing about the story of the footage of the bucket moving by itself aswell and the aussie governement confiscating it for some reason geez nuthing suss eh.

Dan
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Hello whitebuffalo, I saw my mothers spirit recently for the first time since she past away last August, my Aunt y who is my mother sister, is dying from cancer and only has a short while to live, I have no doubt through my own experiences that when we die, we are collected by other spirits, usually our love ones... My mother has come back to collect my aunt y and in the process paid me a visit, God love her... I believe what may have caused that cat to go nuts, may have been the spirits that were there to collect the cats owner, did you know the person that died? And what type of person they were?

I'm just wondering if those that came to collect this soul also may have followed you to your work? ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
dragonwalker -- I'll trade you!

Whitebuffalo, I wanted to mention that I summarized your story to my fiance and he was VERY interested. MASS HALLUCINATION? REALLY? I might have to use my little cousin's words here and ask them, "are you cereal!?"

Mass hallucination... That has to be the best one I've heard so far. Sounds very suspicious. I recall reading another story not too long ago in which the author mentioned security footage of a bucket moving all on its own being confiscated by some nameless organization. *sniff sniff* I think I smell a conspiracy... 😨
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Oh, and zz... We will be having morning light nonstop here really soon. Summer approacheth... MMMmmm... Sun for 24 hours. I'm in raptures! Makes for some great parties on the weekends at the inlaws. The BBQ that never ends. LOL.
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
LOL! That attendant casts a loooong shadow that wraps around you and hobbles away on a cane and looks like a little old man... What kind of creature is the attendant? Ya'll mass hallucinated? Sheesh. As my friend used to say, "What kind of rocks are *you* smoking?" Somehow, I gotta wonder what the lab people were smoking. Thanks for another chuckle!
(And yes, that is the "eye" I was referring to. I knew you meant the sensor eye, but the fact that you kept saying that 'THE eye' was closed struck me as entirely Freudian, as yes, I notice that you are usually sensitive to what is going on. Maybe the hint was that you don't have to use it for just serious stuff? It's ok to play a little too? Who knows.)

Keep us updated... This story is just near and dear to my heart... *Envisions WB jumping up and down, waving arms and gathering up nearby gravel pebbles to induce mass hallucinations*
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Oh Granny - you know that frying brain thing can lead to so many other comments 😆 Should we schedule you for the Wellness Screening too?! 😆 😆 Just imagine!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
WB: This is just crazy!...Morning light at 4?...UUUUMMMMM, are you in Alaska?...well no, I guess you'd have to be on THE OTHER end!...And can mass hallucination be a factor when it's on a video?...Dunno, just curious...Oooo, I know, they're sending it here to area51! LOL!...And Miracles is right, if there really isn't any THERE why send it ANYWHERE?...Oh my, my brain is frying on this 😆 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
whitebuffalo - You know, I've been thinking 😆- if it was just mass hallucination, why all the interest? Why not just chalk it up to "oh, well" and be done with it? Why send it off to a new lab to have it analyzed if it was nothing?

Things that make you go hmmm.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Yea, and with that Wellness Screening coming up, I am sure they will find out exactly what we were all smoking together. 😆
I just am impatient as WHAT and wondering what this new lab is that they sent it to. I am also SO curious as to what "they" will say.
And how come NO ONE saw a flickering light if the light bulb was on the verge of blowing?
"Morning light"? At FOUR in the morning? REALLY?
The attendant came AFTER the fact. Was her shadow THAT long?
All of their answers? Yea, they posed a LOT more questions.
Wa-do.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
whitebuffalo - mass hallucination? Well, at least it's more creative than computer glitch.

And blaming it on "mass hallucination" makes sense to them? Seriously? I'm assuming (yep, there's that word again) since it was "mass hallucination" y'all must have been drinking or smoking the same thing, huh? 😆

I guess it's easier than believing it to be something else. Something that can't easily be "filed away." Wow.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-27)
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I have a very small update.
I was talking to the Head of Security and he informed me that the tape has been sent in to some kind of lab. On THIS end, they are blaming it on early morning light, a malfunctioning light bulb and the casting of shadows done when the attendant was making rounds.
They even have some really good "proof" that the shadow that took the form of the elderly man was simply mass hallucination. I HAVE to wonder, though, how can that be so when I was the only one present, and made no sign that it was perceived. The men reviewing it in the booth all reacted at the same time.

So, no computer glitch, YET, Miracle.

And dragonwalker? You got me to thinking. Thank you so much for that. It was that whole Freudian thing. Maybe you are right. Maybe subconsciously I was telling myself something, and I just needed someone to point that out for me. Perhaps it WAS the doors sensor, as well as my sight that was off, as "normally" I more than likely would have at least felt the thing go over my shoulder.
Just thought I would tell you that.
Wa-do.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
So, whitebuffalo, has security passed it off as a computer glitch?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
Nope, what I mean by the "eye was closed" is that the sensor for the door must have been blocked, or SOMETHING, to have prevented it from opening back up. That is what the Security guys kept referring to the sensor as the "eye".
Wa-do.
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
OK. I have one other thing to mention here and them I'm'a get off your soap box. 😆 You keep saying the eye was closed. It's driving me nuts. Was your 'eye' shut, or has it been shut for a little while or something? With as much as it's been repeated by you, it almost feels... Like a Freudian statement. What's up? Peaces!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Welcome back, dragonwalker.
You know? All of those descriptive visuals (THANKS everyone!) of your name are quite interesting, but what I really envisioned was Saint George. He may have been a dragon SLAYER, but (and I am just guessing here), I bet he WALKED with a dragon or two. Maybe even did a bit more of a cardio work out, at times.
Wile E. Coyote. I LOVE Wile. He was my favorite childhood character. Interesting that you would associate the description with him.
ANOTHER great point! I have been ultra stressed here lately, and maybe the ultimate "lesson" WAS that I needed to stomp back and just relax a bit, have a laugh and enjoy a free moment to myself.
THANK you for giving me a different view. I would have NEVER thought of THAT (one of my worse faults is that I ignore my self, and focus solely on others most of the time). Thank you.

Miracle. What amazes me, is that I did not EVER think this was the response I would get. It never even occurred to me that people might laugh about my... Inability to deal with the "eye being closed" easily. I would say that might prove that I do not have premonitions. 😆 Well, at least not about THIS.
Trust me, Sebastian has become-- the other side of the Velcro for me. As I wandered the halls going from client to client, he was never all that far away. I am not a slow traveler, and he was keeping up rather well.
We will see what tomorrow will bring.
Thanks again!
Wa-do.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Hello Devious 😊,
How you described your own personal pool room is how THIS room is set up. Almost. The only real difference is that the pool balls are in a locked box on the table in the room. I suppose that is because no one wants to have to walk down to the office and tell Naomi that someone stole their balls.
I did not really think towards the whole appendages trail there, so to speak. What about an extension of their energy? I can not explain the tentacle, but the vision I got when he told me that was an octopus. But then, I went on to imagine many arms, and no one stated ANYTHING like that, so...
OH. And what the Hades is wrong with having a utility belt armed with small bottles and capsules of sage, lavender, lilac, salt, Holy water, white willow, evening primrose oil (hey, I KNOW what you might be thinking, but it is used for much more than just menopause and PMS issues), white sage, cedar, sweet grass and (sorry, had to look over at the belt, there) cat's claw available? Also, just because I carry an iron nail and tiny replica of a horse shoe does NOT mean I am all Ghost Busters! I guess the halter that would sheath the Super Soaker latched onto my back might be a bit overkill, but STILL.
I am just as anxious to post the video as you are to see it. I am desperately hoping the answer will be yes.
Thank you for adding to my visual!

The Lost BOYS! Oh my Sweet Neptune Cosmogal! I forgot ALL ABOUT that scene! That was HILARIOUS! Just so that everyone knows, I did NOT invite ANYONE in that morning!
Preoccupied. Hmmm. Good point. I WAS rather busy what with the pen tapping and paper rustling-- and that spinning technique takes SOME years to master. But you may have something there. I wonder if I would have been able to sense anything had I just sat there, instead?
Thank you for giving me something else to ponder.
Wa-do.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Dragonwalker - I have to comment here 😆 I have an 8-year-old little man who absolutely loves dragons, as I suppose most little boys do. We just recently saw "How to Train Your Dragon," (great movie, by the way - I cried 😭) and your post just made my day! Dalton is constantly doing the "what if" and he wanted to know what if he had a dragon and had to train it. Definitely gave me a mental picture 😆 Only I pictured my 8-year with a dragon at the end of the leash! Thank you!

Whitebuffalo - this story, whether or not it was intended, has definitely helped lighten things up a bit around here! Bless you. Glad you're back!

Keep Sebastian close, okay?

Marjie
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
WB: 1. My last name is Walker, and it's posed to mean the Dragon named Walker... However, even *I* am often stuck with the in-brain image of me with a large dragon at the end of a dog leash... Trying to keep it from pooping on neighbors lawns and trying to find a place to put said poops... Dumpster MIGHT hold it all. LOLOLOLOL!
2. Really, when you posted that you jumped around and waved your arms, all I could see was it going really fast, like it was being fastforwarded on a tape... And thusly looking extra hilarious and helpless. A Wile. E Coyote moment if I ever saw one. LOL. And THEN you say that you went up to review the recording... And I really laughed then.
Maybe this encounter was because someone felt you needed a laugh later on. 😆
Peaces!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
I will respond to the rest of the comments after work, but I just had to let Granny know something that I had to find out at work first (Drives me NUTS when people post misinformation knowingly).
Sebastian is doing just fine. He has become the Manor Mascot, and is enjoying the freedom of choosing which room he would like to stay in for the day or night.
You MIGHT find it interesting that he chooses to sleep outside of the game room...
Wa-do.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Oh my gosh WB I am hysterical laughing here at 10:38am ET at my desk. Reading your comments about toy pistols filled with holy water is reminding of the movie The Lost Boys. The part where they bust into the church to fill up the guns and there is a baptism going on. 😆 I was thinking maybe the reason why you didn't feel any presence was because you were preoccupied. You were tired, doing paper work, and it was crazy early in the morning. Then you went all Kung Foo Panda on the doors. LOL! 😉

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: