You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady At Stapleton Church

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady At Stapleton Church

 

When I was a child, I saw my first Ghost in, very stereotypically, a graveyard. I lived in an old school in Stapleton, and opposite me was the church, it was down a long path, and had a field as its front garden. People used to play cricket there and I spent a lot of time in the church field playing with my sibling. I also went inside the church often, it was peaceful, and being young I seldom went into the graveyard alone, just scared of my own fear!

I remember the first time I saw a ghost was in the church graveyard. The way the church was situated you could see part of the graveyard and the side of the church from the field. The field was higher than the church itself as there was quite a downhill to the doors. I cannot quite remember my exact age but I remember I was in the field, I believe it was early afternoon by how light it was, and that me and my sibling where playing in the field with a pink air-o-bee. I remember looking out toward the church and I saw an older woman, standing just in the graveyard. She was very pale and wore something like an old Victorian night gown; it went down as far as I could see and had a high collar so I'm assuming it was Victorian. So, I'm frozen in terror being young but I knew it was a ghost. I also got the feeling that if I looked away and looked back she would be gone. I remember just staring at her; she gave off a stern emotion, but nothing threatening. I recall calling my siblings name and then looking over to find him for a split second and when I looked back she was gone. I also remember running home at the speed of light crying and calling for my dad!

So, that's the first ghost I ever saw, it's rather stereotypical isn't it? But, it's what I saw.

Other hauntings by Sui

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sui, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Sui (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
[at] Nay-95 Yes, it was very real for me, I most certainly remember running home crying and telling my dad I'd seen a ghost. Thanks for your comment.

[at] Kardagen Thanks for commenting, I guess it would make sense indeed.

[at] Ibelieveinghosts I know what you mean, I guess it is a common place where people would expect too see ghosts where the dead lay. Thanks so much for your comment. ❤
Nay-95 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Stereotypical...maybe it was but by the sounds of things you saw a ghost and just because it is in a "stereotypical" place doesent make it any less real.😁
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
weather stereotypical or not, a cemetery is the perfect place for spirits/ghosts its where we lay the deceased why wouldn't they occupy the area until they are ready to move on. Stern old women, or jovial town drunk. Thanks for sharing Sui.
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
Why is it "stereotypical"? The first & only ghost I've ever seen was in a local cemetery. I know what I saw & I stand by my story, I don't make stuff up. If people choose not to believe me, I don't really care. Know what I mean? A lot of people don't believe in ghosts but that's their problem! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: