You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Of My Living Friend

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of My Living Friend

 

This is my second story and experience with ghosts, to be honest I'm not sure what this was, it looked ghostly.

I remember in my early teenage years - I was maybe 14-15, I lived in an old school in the country, civilization was quite the drive away. Luckily my best friend lived nearby (by nearby I mean 15min drive) and we saw each other outside of school often.

I remember one night she came round to stay, usual teenage girl banter and we went to sleep. My bedroom had my single bed under a window on a slanted roof, and her makeshift bed was on the floor near mine, so I could see all of her very well. I remember waking up in the night and looking at my friend, and then I got a shock. I saw her ghost standing at the foot of her bed, she was very pale and she was in her PJs but her hair was down, rather than tied up. She had an ethereal glow about her and I had no doubt in my mind that it was her ghost which is puzzling as she was very much alive. I was petrified. Her ghost had one hand on her chest just resting and she looked very protective at... Well, her 'human' self. The ghost of her slowly looked at me; she didn't feel threatening but looked protective. She didn't look at me for very long and returned to gaze at her 'human' self. I was so scared I remember throwing my duvet over my head and curing up in a ball. Then my friend mumbled something... "Sui... Get back into bed..." I was thinking, oh my god I AM in bed.

It took me, what felt like an eternity to get to sleep. In the morning I told my friend what I had experienced but she didn't believe me, which really annoyed me. I also told my dad, who did believe me (Thank you dad!) I'm sure he said it could be her from a parallel universe, or a guardian angel. My friend also told her dad what I'd seen and he said to see the ghost of someone living was a bad omen and that she may die. That scared me. Thankfully she is alive and well to this day! Over 10 years on.

I still don't know why I saw the ghost of my friend, and I know I wasn't having a very vivid dream, I was wide awake and saw what I saw.

What do you think it was?

Can we see Ghosts of the living or apparitions of them?

It's the second time I ever saw a ghost.

Other hauntings by Sui

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sui, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sui (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
[at] Randcan That is a very intresting theory, I like it, I often wake up just before my alarm! It's a nice thought that I'm watching over myself when I'm sleeping. As it is when I am most vulnerable.

It must be an amazing experience to be able to do something like that, m I find it hard to imagine =0 I'd love to travel and see my nana who lives 400 miles away, and to see my dad who is over 150 miles away, as I often worry about them both. Its strange... I'm not sure if this is associated as I remember one of my ex boyfriends who is now a very very close friend, someone who would have been too much of a tragedy to loose as a boyfriend and a friend. I was looking after his cat when he was on holiday, our relationship wasn't going very well but I remember waking up in the night with a distinct feeling he had cheated on me, when he got back it turns out he had... Though this probabaly has nothing to do with what your saying, I was somehow reminded of it. Thanks very much for sharing the stories! <3

[at] Fashionista777 I will most certainly have a read! Thank you, it sounds rather scary! Especially for a 8 year old to witness! It was very scary, mainly because I didn't understand it, I wish I had the courage to try and speak softly to her, or if I ever witness a ghost to try and communicate rather running away crying! Thanks so much for your comment!

[at] chopis it would seem the verdict from everyone is OBE which I know very little of so I will be searching online and on here to see peoples similar stories C: Thanks very much for commenting C:

[at] narcissa Thats what I thought, from reading a lot of feedback I don't think it was her ghost, from what a lot of people are saying it would seem to be Astral projection / out of body experience. I feel silly sayiong she was a ghost as I thought how can someone alive have a ghost, but it was the only way I could describe what I saw... As frankly she appeared ghost like! Thanks for your comment!

I will be looking into other stories and experiences!

Thanks to everyone who commented, I'm amazed at the response I have gotten and will be looking into OBE and astral projection!
Sui (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
[at] aussiedaz Thank you so much for your comment and going into so much depth, it's very nice to get such feedback C: It was very confusing, as I could only describe it as a ghost and it sounds a bit silly to see a ghost of someone living. What was also frustrating was that she didn't believe me! I wish she did recall what happened as its annoying when your telling the truth and ut out to be a liar 😢

I believe I shall have to further look into OBE and learn more about it as I know next to nothing about it... I will most defiantly read some of your posts! It must have been hard to control?

[at] JamesRobiscoe Thanks for your comment, yes, when she said that I was very freaked out because it seemed like she believed I was standing at her bed... And not... Her. Which validated what I was seeing which also was scary! Because I couldn't believe my eyes at first. I know that she did not have a twin who died at birth, well only to my knowledge but we where very best friends for many a school years and before and after... And I'm sure she would have told me, as for a relative who looked like her, I'm not sure, but what poses me to be strange if it was a ghost of her relative it was weird that they would be dressed exactly like her but with her hair down... Thanks very much for your comment! It poses more questions for me C:

[at] zzsgranny Thanks very much for your suggestion and I will very much so read some of his posts C: Thank you!

[at] DARKNESS Thanks very much for your comment, as I've said before I don't know very much about OBE but will look into it more, as it does seem a lot more plausible to me now that this is what happened rather than a ghost, as she was in her PJs. I'm looking forward to reading about this occurrence!
Sui (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
[at] thepharaohsdaughter Thanks for commenting, and as others have said maybe it wasn't a ghost I saw, but I am very certain of what I saw.

[at] brenttan Thank you very much for your comment, I do not know much about Astral projection but will endeavour to have a hunt online about it, Thanks so much for your comment!

[at] LewisR Yes I didn't feel anything negative at all, nothing extra of the fear I felt aside from the fear of a situation I couldn't comprehend. I did feel scared because of what I saw, that I didn't understand it... But as I say aside from that, nothing. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts C: I may well do that, though she is a rather sceptical person and sadly the only communication I have with her now is on facebook:C but next time I am talking to her, if I recall I will ask her.
To my knowledge no close relative of hers had died, her parents where away a lot though with work and she had a nanny with her a lot...? Not sure if that could mean anything.
Sui (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
[at] fatthead I'm open minded to believe that its a possibility. Thanks for your comment.

[at] Pjod Well people believe what they believe C: I'm sure, very sure of what I saw though, as others have expressed it probably wasn't her ghost... It still freaked me out though 😕 Thanks for your comment C:

[at] Deviousangel I think I will have a hunt online to find out more information on this. Thanks so much for your comment C:

[at] Hipboy125 I must say it wasn't my dad who said it was a death omen, it was her dad, just to clear that up C: its been well over ten years since this happened, so I think she is pretty safe, and maybe I didn't see her ghost, as others have said, maybe it was something else. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend though, it's very sad. Thank you for sharing and commenting <3
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
do you realy think there is a paralel universe tripy dude I wonder if are life is totaly different
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
are you sure about that?
I really don't believe there are any ghosts

Famous last words before coming face to face with the paranormal. 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Hipboy, everyone dies at some point or another. I don't necessarily think that seeing the "ghost" of someone alive is a death omen. I agree with many others here; that what the author saw was the "astral body" during an astral projection. There's a lot of info about this online.
Hipboy125 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
Thank you for posting this, first of all. Second, your father was right. Seeing the ghost of someone while they're alive ilmeans they'll die. It may take a few years, but they will. Same thing happened to me. My friend, Sidney, was at my house once. When he was in the bathroom, I heard a knock on my front door. I went to look, and there he was! Glowing! I was like "WTF dude you're in the bathroom though!" His ghost looked at me, sneered then vanished. I was 9 years old then. He died 2 years later from a school shooting. Just keep that in mind if and when this happens again
thepharaohsdaughter (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
are you sure about that?
I really don't believe there are any ghosts
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
This is the 'astral body' of your friend where your friend, a Soul, projected her astral body (ghostly and can pass through walls and doors and ceilings) out from alignment with her physical body. She is protective of her physical body, because she the Consciousness is out of her physical body.
LewisR (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Well, your friends "ghost" certainly wasn't a demon as you mentioned that you didn't feel threatened.

I believe it to be her spirit guardian, imitating your friend to give it an identity. It does this so people around don't feel threatened by it, or scared. If it took another shape or form, then certainly people would be scared if it appeared.

You should ask your friend if she feels someone with her when she is alone. You should ask if this has happened throughout her life. If it started at a certain age when a family member died for example, it would probably be the ghost of her family member taking the form of her.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Hello Sui, I know how frustrating it leaves you feeling when you don't secure the validation of such an experience (SEEING A LIVING GHOST), which for most people is a rare occurrence, it does leave you to ponder at the cause and sometimes leaves you in a doubt of mind, I hope I can shed some light on what may of happened and In the process learn a little from you as well... I find it very interesting your girlfriend calling out your name around the time of you seeing her in an out of body state, I do believe that her spiritual conscious and earthly conscious may have been working in unison, controlled on this occasion by her spirit... Telling you to get back in bed even though your were, was a command from her spiritual awareness and slightly confused in conscious interpretation, the intent was an kind of mothering jester.

The state of what she was experiencing is known as a (ceiling height OBE), meaning she was confined in close proximity to her body and room, something I have experienced on many occasions in my life, the difference for me being, waking up with an conscious memory of what happened, I'm realizing now thanks to stories like yours that (obe) with no conscious memories are more common than what I'd thought, as I also saw my wife's ghost walking around our kitchen some time ago, my wife also had no conscious memory of this experience... I wrote about that experiennce under the tittle of residual energy,

The fact that I was able to grab my wife's foot from an (obe) state, was a conscious command from my earthly conscious to my spirit in reverse, if that makes any sense and very rewarding having that experience validated, only a few times were I able to secure the ultimate proof, but it was enough to know that these experiences are real, I hope you can take some comfort knowing your not alone with this experience, thank you for sharing it,

Granny, thank you for the compliment and right back at you good lady.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
The astral projection concept might be more persuasive if your friend had not mumbled out for you to go back to bed.
Could it be your friend had a twin who died at birth? Or perhaps a relative who resembled her and had deceased decades earlier?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
Sui: The person Randcan is talking about is one of our great posters!...His name is AussieDaz, I suggest you read some of his stories to get an idea of what you witnessed... I think your friend was having an obe experience... 😊

Good story, thanks...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Its funny how some people who don't even try and can astrally project, and some times it takes people years and years to learn. This is exactly what I was thinking you experienced that night, well picked up by previous posters.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Randcan (62 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Posters are correct. This was her astral body. It's interesting you said that she appeared very protective of her physical body, since it's said that often all of us will stand guard over our bodies while we sleep. If there is a fire, or an intruder erc., then our astral form will wake us. Even when you've set your alarm to go off with the radio blasting to get you up for work, and you down deep don't really want to be woken up that way, your astral body will watch the clock when it comes time, and wake you a minute BEFORE the radio blasts. It's you, looking out, for you. I know someone who astral travels a great deal involuntarily, and he walked into his kid's room where his wife was sleeping with their child, and he touched her foot. Then later he came back into the room, and she was turned the other way. The next day, he asked if she slept well, and she said that a ghost had come into the room last night, twice. The first time she felt a tingling as though he'd touched her foot, and she was so scared she pretended to be asleep. She turned over and continued to pretend to be asleep when he came back. Her husband laughed, and told her that it was him! This was the first time, and it was successful, that he tried to make contact using his astral body. People who are truly adept at astral travel, can travel great distances to meet. Your astral form can even present itself as solid. There was a young boy who led his grandmother downstairs by the hand and out the front door of the house during a fire, and yet, he was away, at summer camp (and had no knowledge of what he'd done). We're connected to people that we love, and sometimes are aware or able to act to protect them.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
When I was 8 years old, I saw my mother's doppelganger in the mirror. You can read the story about it on my profile.
Your experience sounds interesting, and terrifying at the same time. What's also scary is the fact that the ghost actually turned and looked at you, it wasn't just like an image shown on the wall. Maybe your friend was dreaming at the time you saw her ghost, and she was "astrally projecting" herself in the room. Just a theory I've heard, not sure if it can really happen, but I would have been terrified if I had seen what you did that night.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Oh, I think it wasn't a ghost, humans are composed of several "bodies", my bet is that you saw her ethereal body... Google it and you'll find more info. On that:)
Thanks for sharing your story,
Cheers,

Claudia
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
thats weird! How can the ghost be of someone whos ALIVE? Maybe it was a doppelganger? What do you think?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: