You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Trip To The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Trip To The Bathroom

 

This took place in my boyfriend (now husband) and mine's first house back in 2006. It was a small one storey home in Rubyville, Ohio, two houses down from a small church graveyard. We were already convinced that we had paranormal things happen and we assumed it to be stuff just passing by, due to the graveyard. Even though this happened to my boyfriend, I was there and there was no doubt.

It was late and we were watching TV before going to bed. All the lights were out. I went around the corner to the bathroom and a minute later I heard my boyfriend say my name in a slow creeped out voice. He came to the door to tell me that he saw someone walking from the kitchen and around the corner to the bathroom. I was so scared that I made him turn on lights before I would step out of the well-lit bathroom.

This is how he described it to me. He was standing up a couple feet away from the kitchen looking at the TV, while trying to light his pipe that he had just retrieved from the kitchen. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a girl walking/shuffling out of the kitchen to the hall. He assumed it was me until it hit him that I was already in the bathroom. So he looked at her and he said it was as if she was really there. Solid. She had bright, blond, long hair that fell over most of her face. Her head was bent over towards her shoulder. Later, after thinking about her odd walk, he said it was as if she had rigor mortis.

This is the last part of the story. Months later, my brother was staying with us. He was unaware that our house had strange things happen. He doesn't believe in ghosts. But one day, while me and my boyfriend were at work, my brother was down the hall on the computer, when he saw a girl that he thought at first was me, walk from the kitchen to the bathroom. It was full daylight outside. He got up to double check that it wasn't me and resumed what he was doing. He never told me about seeing her until last year. He described her the same way as my boyfriend did.

I never got to see the girl. As much as it would have scared me, I still wish I had. We used to hear noises in the kitchen all the time that I now believe was her. Just subtle noises like someone searching for something.

Anyway that house was never boring. I have loads of little unexplainable things that happened during our short stay there. I never felt afraid (for long), but looking back now, I don't know how I ever slept.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladybug_jen04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedShadows-n-BlackFlames (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
huh, I don't think locking your doors would stop it mrdeagle. Not to freak you out or anything...
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
Wow, creepy story. The whole shambling girl visual was enough to make me get up and lock my doors. Thanks for sharing.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
Rigor Mortis: Muscular stiffening that begins 2 to 4 hours after death and lasts for about 4 days. Temporary stiffness of joints and muscular rigidity occurring after death.
Http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=rigor%20mortis
no_XIII (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
What the heck is Rigor Mortis? Interesting, I like interesting stuff. Tried EVP or videotaping yet? Its pretty useful I think cause I've never tried it, yet.
RedShadows-n-BlackFlames (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
huh. Definatly a ghost that's still clinging onto that house, seems to be in a faded state. Very interesting, do you ever try seeing what she does? I think you slept well because the spirit is harmless.
footsteps (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Why is it things always seem to happen on trips to the bathroom? I've had some experiences during these times too. I believe it is the best time to catch someone while they are alone, I suppose.
JesikahSixx (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Well that's creepy. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read your story from the title alone. Bathrooms trips at night in the dark have always made me nervous
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
ladybug - interesting story. I should have said that the first time! You had a dog; I've had cats and little girls. I've also had the breathing on me. I was in bed and the sigh was at my left ear. I could feel and hear it. I automatically assumed it was my little boy. Then I realized he was at his daddy's. 😨 Talk about creeping me out! I don't mind my ghosts, just don't want them in bed with me 😆

I lived on the West Side for several years! Funny, huh?

This really is a great site; if you can bypass at lot of the "not necessary" stuff that goes on. There are many, many helpful people here.

There's not a story you can tell (well, that may not be true after reading some comments today!) that the people on site haven't heard. Most are very caring people and are willing to offer advice. If they don't have any advice, they listen. Great bunch of folks here.
ladybug_jen04 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
I have no idea why she was around and seen heading to the bathroom. I'm only assuming it was her in the kitchen at nights. I've also heard a man's breath in my ear in the bathroom one morning. And rigor mortis is after the person dies, their body stiffens. He said she shambled like a zombie in movies. At first he thought it was me pretending to be a zombie, lol.
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
what is rigor mortis? 😕 I have an experience where I saw a girl standing by my floor lamp and she looked so ominous! She had stringy black hair and was just stairing at me... Anyway do you think the girl could have lived in that house and was looking for something she left behind when she died? 😳
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
That is really creepy the way the girl was walking. That would have been enough to have me looking for a new residence. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jennifer ❤
ladybug_jen04 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Yeah, I grew up in West Portsmouth. This was my first story on here. Just joined last week. The people who lived there after us never had anything odd happen to them though but it was everyday while we stayed there. Mostly subtle things that pass quick and then you're over it, but the girl was a big deal. We lived in a blue house on Pine street off 139. And like I said, my brother stayed with us for a month after he got out of the Army, and he had to admit stuff was happening.
I know this sounds weird too, because I had never even heard of such a thing to even think it up. For a short while, I believe we had a ghost dog in our house. I would hear growls right in front of me. Also would hear the patter of a dog walking up to us and there was nothing there. I have a theory as to what it was and why it was there.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hey ladybug - are you talking about Rubyville in Scioto County, Ohio? If so, welcome to the site!

McDermott here! Sister in Clarktown.
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Yikes, ladybug! This one gave me chills... I don't know how you slept there either 😕. Probably, the next time I have to get up to use the bathroom in the night, I will think of this story and stay put!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: