You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Baking In The Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Baking In The Kitchen

 

An exact weej after my tenth birthday my great grandmother passed away. Her battle with Alzheimer's finally at an end. By then it was getting around late January. We were all outside my aunt and great grandmother's house. When I being the youngest was demanding by my older brother to go get him a drink. While walking in her house I smelled a very familiar smell tobacco and rolls. They smelt just like my grandma mal's homemade recipe. Upon getting closer I heard a small hum. Thinking it was just a big application I continued until I got in to her kitchen. There was a white figure that looked just like my grandmother sitting at the old table. Her dough for the rolls was rising beside her while she smoked a cigarette. She just smiled at me and then vanished. This was pretty odd.

See my grandmother was pretty loopy by the time I came along. She could hardly remember who I was. She never showed herself anymore or to anyone else. Which made me wonder why me. I was never as close to her as my mother, even my older brother had been real close to her since she was named after her. Then why did she show herself to me. Like I said I did not know her nor was I really close to her.

To me she just was a lady who I called grandma could cook when I was younger, and could hardly move by the time I turned eight. Then why did she come to me and not anyone else.

Please help me.

Other hauntings by kec92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kec92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
She loves you and missed you. She probally wanted to pay you a visit.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I could be that she happened to liked the kitchen the best so that's where wanted to go and it just happened to be you to enter the kitchen at the time (coincident). But I'm sure she loved you just as much as the others in your family. You just happened to be in the kitchen at the time she was there.
Craven6 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
😨 How did this happen? How come she only reveals herself you you? Cause She Loves You!
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Sure DannyBruise see why I was so confused was she did know who my brother and mother was. There is a huge age differnce between my brother and I. She wasn't digonised until a year after I was born. So her memory of her my brother and mother are good. By the time I could remember things so soon bacame loopy. There for I never became close to her. After she died though. I seen her. Noone else has ever seen her. Inless they are just not sharing.

Summet I appricate your comment.
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
She probably want you to know that even though you're not close to her, she wanted to get close to you.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
kec92.
She was probably loopy and didn't know who you were. Your Mom or your brother.
Maybe she thought you were the table.
Sorry kec92, LOL!
But this sounds crazy.
Can you share more detail?
SERIOUSLY!
kec92 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Thanks its really just made me confused its been eight years now and no other sightings. It just made me wonder but I hope your right it would be nice for her to do that
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
It could be that she wanted to see you, and you to see her, without the veil of Alzheimer's. She got to have a relationship with everyone but you, and she was unable to connect to you in life. This was her way of letting you know that although she didn't get a chance to show it, that she loved you deeply. Treasure that memory of her always.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: