You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady Ghost Calling Name

Real Ghost Stories

Lady Ghost Calling Name

 

This is a real life incident that had happened to my friend's father. My friend's name is Rangarajan. His father's name is Narayanan. This incident he had told us several times when we were in our school days not to venture into anything adventurous especially near the burial grounds, which are quite common in countryside's.

He was studying in a school in Uthriramerur (in Tamilnadu). He was in a village and he used to walk down to school in Uthiramerur daily. One day he was delayed and the distance between the village and Uthiramerur was about 6 kilometers, which was not a big distance considering the fact that in 1950s and 1960s people used to walk such distances to go to school. It was also well past dusk and around 7.30 p.m.

He started to walk down. He was a brave person and he chose a short-cut, which would reduce the distance by over 2 kilometers. There was a burial ground on the way and since he had walked near that burial ground so many times, of course, along with his friends during day time, he was not so perturbed. In fact, while he was crossing the burial ground, he was not scared or otherwise. But, the moment he started to walk away from the burial ground towards the village, he was not able to smoothly walk down as he was walking quite a few moments ago. It was as if something was trying to stop his speed. But, nevertheless with difficulty, he started walking even though a bit slower. Suddenly, he smelt a fragrance the smell of jasmine coming from behind him. He did not have the courage to look behind. There was also a continuous sound of ladies anklet as if some lady was coming behind him. There was also continuously a sweet girl's voice calling him as "Narayana, please stop, look behind and see my beauty". This girl's voice was continuously calling him and the sound of anklet never stopped as also the fragrance of jasmine. Moment after moment his walk was slowing down. But he dared not look back. He then started reciting "Vishnu Sahasranamam" and started walking towards the village. Even though the fragrance, sound and the calling of a girl did not stop, he did find that he was able to walk normally even though it was slower.

Generally, it takes about 15-20 minutes to reach the village from the burial ground but Narayanan took more than 1 hour to reach the village. There is a temple of a demi-god, called protective god (kaval Deivam in Tamil) at the end of the village boundary and only after nearing that temple, the fragrance, the sound of anklet and the calling of the girl stopped. His speed had also returned to his normal speed. He started running to his house and after tapping the door, he fell down and fainted.

For nearly two weeks he suffered from high temperature and it took him months to come out of this trauma. While narrating this incident, even now, after several years and even after we have grown up, we feel the real fear not only among us but also in the face of my friend's father, Mr. Narayanan.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-10)
mr narayan did what a brave man should do. He should have asked the villagers about that.
[at]sds
Mohinis are similiar to succubuses only difference is that they lure men towards them while succubuses can attack when you are alone in their region.
Sandeep44 (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Well it is a good story. Even my Elders used to say never to look back when somebody calls you during night. And if call is from human the person would come front if it is an evil it will not. Even iam a Tamilian. Thats a good thinking he didn't turn back. If he had he would have Succumbed to her beauty and something would bad happened or might the evil had slapped him.
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
I once smelt jasmine scent outside my bedroom window. At first I thought my mom was mopping the floor with heavily scented floor cleaner but it was not. The scent lingered on for a good one hour before it dispersed. A constant lingering scent of jasmine. Very creepy.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Unexplained, it is stated in the texts and even in some of the writings by renowned persons, that generally, the smell of jasmine comes before Mohini. Basically, Mohini is a form taken to seduce men and that Mohini can be created for some particular purpose, to seduce a particular person in terms of Adharvana Veda. It is possible. Its life is only to that extent. The texts say that such Mohinis to attract men by their fragrance, always used to wear jasmine flowers in their head. Thanks for your nice comments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Hi SDS, another great story. Thanks for posting!

What is the significance of the jasmine?

U.
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Never answer to a ghost's calling as it will often result in high temperature with little or no cure.
shobha (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Pesasi vandida- In tamil this means did the ghost come, rhumba nalla irukku
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
ur uncle is really a brave person and he is fortunate to get away with it it he turns back to see it it wil catch him.
GOD BLESS ALL. (om nama shivaya)
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
sanjeevgeorge...it is very brave of you to say that you would have looked back... However any sane person would have done exactly what the person in the story did! It was most probably an evil entity who would have cast a spell on the person had he looked at it and maybe caused his death (or worse). Every aspect of the story is creepy and believeable.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
well, he didn't do anything adventurous really... He only passed by the burial ground. I wonder then why would someone bother him?

If it was me, I would have turned to see which ghost wants to follow me and why. 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
Mr. Seshadri,

I have read your comments on my story. I was shocked to see that you experienced the spotting of ghost about 3 days ago. Really scary. But, one thing is that your shift timings are quite into the night, why don't you just go to some priest and get a talisman so that the ghost won't harm you.
seshadme (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
hi my name is seshadri... I am from india. I have also experienced like this one... I am working near sriperuputhur. In tamilnadu... I am working in 3 shift... Many times I would like to come at midnight 12. Oo to 1.00... But my experience was different. In my street 17 years old young girl commited suicide at her home... The people in my street were feared of her death... After her death also I will come home at 1.00... There is nothing happened,, after 3 months, one day midnight I returning home... I crossed to my street, suddenly I heard voice, calling my name "sesha". Two times she called me... I was freezed at that moment... And then I ran away to the home... And one month before, at the same place midnight 1.15, I saw a girl coming near to me... (the distance between her and me was about 15 feet). I ran into the street... But after that she suddenly diaappeared... Then another time I had experienced... At that same place, same midnight, big stone thrown near by me... Yesterday also same thing happened... Please I want some help...
n_ishwarya (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
hi.i am also a person from india. My fathers name is also narayana moorthy. Than my father I have experinced more. I had a elder brother. He died after ten minutes after he had born 😭. I went to see his burial place. I heared a woman 😆. So I ran away from there.
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
its nice reading other ghost experiences from other countries and this story reminds us to pay respect to other entities. I used to cross burial grounds also when using shortcuts, but in daytime... Me and my friends also planned to go ghost hunting, but to our dismay we have not seen nor experience anything, maybe "they're" looking for someone who has the ability to see "them", and having negotiations with "them".
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
It's always nice to hear a story from someone from a different cultural/religious background than usual.

It is evidence that such phenomenon are not exclusive to one particular group.

I am curious as to whether there are any stories on this site in which the reciting of a prayer to a God other than Yahweh (such as "Vishnu Sahasranamam" to Vishnu) has been found to repel 'evil entities' in the same way reported in many stories written by Christians.
Mervyn (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
I live in South Africa. I used to cross a graveyard to go to school as a short cut. I did that for almost 5 years morning and afternoon. The graveyard was within a kilometre from our house and we used to even stop and smoke in the graveyard as we were afraid of getting caught smoking. We never had or seen or heard of any one having a negative experience.
scientist (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
i wonder what mr narayan would have seen if he looked back... It must have took loads of courage to actually do something as brave as that... 😲
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
Wow!, scary! 😭 I wouldn't cross a burial ground for nothing! 😲
Thanks for sharing your story,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: