You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Banging On The Wall, Door And Other Weird Things

Real Ghost Stories

Banging On The Wall, Door And Other Weird Things

 

This is going to be my second story for me to post. I have another story posted. It is called Child with Red Eyes. And possibly for you to understand this story, you may need to read my first one. Thanks!

I live in Tennessee. And I have been dealing with the paranormal in my house lately. Well, some of you who have read my first story already know that all of these ghost experiences I have gone through, all started when I moved into my stepdad's house. I am new to these experiences, and they still frighten me today. Well, I have some new things that have been happening to me ever since my last story.

One night, I was woken up by loud banging on my door. I thought perhaps that it was my little brother trying to scare me. So, I sat up and said what do you want? Its 3 in the morning! But nobody ever walked in. Then, I got a terrible feeling. I felt as if somebody was watching me. I looked towards my door, and I saw a shadow figure walking away. It scared me to death.

About 2 days later, I told my stepdad about what happened. He told me that; last night somebody was banging on my sisters door too because it woke my sister up. I was terrified when he told me this. I was just thinking what does this thing want?! And I was determined to find out. So, I went on the internet, and researched ways to talk to spirits. I was scared to use the Ouija board in fear of possession. So, I found out something called automatic writing. There are several different names for it though. Anyways, I went up to my room and did exactly what you are supposed to do. And I started asking questions, and then received answers! I put an old journal together, and wrote everything down. I still have this book of the writing as well. I asked its name and many other questions.

I am too scared to use this form of communicating anymore. I was home alone. And I just finished a session of talking to them. And, I had a strong feeling that somebody, somebody very evil, and strong, right behind me. I couldn't take it anymore, it somewhat hurt to sit there, so I ran out of the house gasping. I went back in, and then it just felt very dark in my house very smothering feeling. So, I didn't go back in the house until someone came home.

And last, my most recent paranormal experience was just last night. I was woken up yet again by someone banging on my wall. It did this twice. I got the bad feeling in my stomach again, and tried my best to fall back asleep.

Well! There are my most recent stories! If anybody can give me any sort of explanation for any of this, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh! And can someone give me their opinion on automatic writing? I don't want to try it again and put myself at risk. And if you can, I would like other ideas to talk to the spirits in my house. Thanks for your help!

-Hayley-

Other hauntings by hayley

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hayley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yoshigirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Honestly I'm no expert, but I think maybe it might be drwn to your young energy, they genarlly are. I'v written a stroy based on my paranoermal experience so please read it.! Hope the haunting stops. Did you ever stop and think wyh I it here why is it in MY house out of every house in the world! Think about it:) kk! Xxx ❤ ❤ ❤
spookysearch (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hi Haley,

Interesting story. Would love to ask you a few more questions and possibly feature your tale on a new paranormal investigation show. Drop me a line at spookysearch [at] gmail.com. Thanks!
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hmm, I don't know if I would let an entity use my hands through automatic writing. If you're too scared, then don't, but if you can get someone who knows what they're doing, and if you absolutely must talk to this entity, then use a ouija board. If things get out of hand, end the session with goodbye, salt the board, and put it away for at least a month.

I've had similar happenings recently, though. For some reason, a shadow figure thought it would be a grand idea to stay in my house for whatever reason. (the house is brand new, so I'm slightly puzzled, unless the land is haunted). I've come to realize that trying your best to ignore it by occupying yourself with hobbies or other activities works fine, although I get the occasional freezing room or thump in the night while I'm on my laptop.
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
haha well thanks anyways for your help and stuff on it!:) its good to hear a skeptical point of view on the subject!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Haha, it's fine. No, it's not just you I'm skeptical about with the writings, so don't worry. Like I said, it does sound like you have a ghost, but it doesn't sound demonic. The response to "demons", if the writings are true, could mean personal devils, or personal problems, not always one of The Fallens servants.

But who knows, I guess.
Penny ❤
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
you didn't offend me... Sorry if I over reacted and all penny... But your making it seem like since I am 15 that, I maybe making these things up. Excuse me! For not knowing to write down the questions before I ask them in the writing. What is done is done. And I should have done more research on it and stuff. Soo yeah sorry about all that
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hayley, Penny meant in no way to be rude at all she's only stating her opinion like you requested in the story, being three year younger then you I'm in fact terrified to attempt automatic writing or try the ouija board they both have equal amount of dangers if not used properly or talk to an unhappy person like you did in your story I'm positive that Penny meant in no way to offend you and am in I hopes I didn't either, Katherine...
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
I had meant to point out the fact that 1) I'm a skeptic about the writings, and 2) BOTH of them are just as dangerous as the other. But thanks for truly acting your age.
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
okay so you were being sorta rude about the whole thing. I didn't ask for all that. I asked for a simple opinion. And as for the automatic writing thing you can get possessed wither way. With that or the ouija board. AND you can banish it back. I have done my research. And don't just think that because I am 15 I don't know what I'm talking about. I joined this site to put MY stories up here about what happened with ME. And to get advice. And next, I already knew most of the things you just mentioned.
oh and I'm not perfectly fine with having a ghost or demon possessing me for the writing. And the reason I did the writing was because that's all I had. In case you didn't know already I couldn't go out and buy an ouija board. Because my parents don't believe me in any of this stuff. I was also scared to do the writing anyways! But as I saw it... You can get possessed either way.

so yeah, thanks?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
"Automatic Writing" is a tricky science, and, in most cases for it to work, the person allowing themself to be the conduit has to be in a trance. That being said, "trance writing" comes, generally, from the person's subconscious if they are doing this right. It doesn't have much to do with spirits, but more of what YOU think is going on.

If it is true that it was written my a spirit, you're telling me that you're afraid to use a Ouija Board, but you're perfectly fine having a ghost/spirit/demon POSSESS you to do the writings? I think not. At least with a Ouija Board, if you're doing it right, you will be able to close the session and banish the ghost/spirit back to the depths. You don't know, with your "automatic writing" that the so-called demon that he says is in your house, wasn't him. YOu have just allowed, possibly, a demon, easy access to you and your body for easy possession. Congrats.

Also, you're supposed to already have the questions written out for the spirit to be able to answer them, and so that you do not forget. No, I think it's likely you wrote down the "automatic writing" from what you thought. A few bangs do not equate demonic activity. I have a friendly ghost in my basement that playes with toys that are locked up, and he opens garbage cans, and runs around in my house. He's not demonic. The fact that you wrote down "yes" to the demon question could just be because of your own fears. At 15, it could very well be true.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the banging or the possibility of a ghost. I'm doubting the demon and the genuinity of the automatic writings. You would have been better to get a medium to do it, and thus you would end up with un-biased results, and probably more coclusive evidence. If he did write the answers to the other questions, then it's likely the banging is from HIM, and is residual, if his family died in a fire.

Just me thinking out loud. I, personally, can not take anyone but a "professional"'s word on automatic writing. It takes most mediums years of practice to perfect it and to be able to expel the spirit from them afterwards.

Suggestion and opinion? Get a medium to verify, and actually look into the history of your house.

Penny 😐 🤔
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
okay so. Here are some of the answers from the ghost or whatever it was... I asked it if there were any demons inside my house. It replied yes. I asked it if this ghost was a male or female. He said male. It said a lot of other things too. I don't remember my questions but I will tell you what the answers were. Fire, family, died, male, and a lot of other things. Any opinions? Thanks yall:)
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Oh and sorry I have taken firever to do this. But if o can get the time either today or tomorrow I am going to put up what I have written down from the automatic writing.
fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
😨 dude this house I live in is not haunted at least I don't think it is and I hope not but you guys got creepy stories 😨
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
hey hayley, I read both stories just so I could get a picture of what your going threw and can safely say its either an angry spirit or a poltergeist. Knocking on doors and walls suggest its a poltergeist but feelings of anger and evil suggest an angry spirit I'm not sure anyways try cleansing, or exorcist, as for communication its not a very good idea, and don't fear it because your feeding its energy hope I helped
Wrakkar (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
Sometimes, if it likes you, or you command it in the name of Jesus (If you believe in Jesus) 😕
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
oh! And I forget to say! That what I have down in this old journal may not all be true. As several of you said, they can lie. I don't want wrong answers. Like... Is there any way that I can talk to this spirit, and get possibly true answers?
hayley (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
thanks everybody for your comments. And whoever wants to know what I have written down I will tell you. But I don't have my booklet with what the spirit said, with me right now. I will get it on here as soon as I get it. And yes, I do want to talk to this spirit... But I just don't want to do anything stupid. Haha so yeah I mainly just want to figure out what it wants.
Thanks!:)
KimonoRyuu (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Hayley; From what I've gathered is that all forms of communication can be dangerous, even EVPs. Doing EVPs too much could cause obsession, the first level of possesion. Communicating with spirits means you open yourself to them. Unless you've mentally and spiritually steeled yourself I wouldn't recommend doing it to much.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Hi Hayley: I am leaning towards what BadJuuJuu mentioned here I would have tried EVP first aswell. Do you really want to make contact with this entity? 😕 Are you able to explain what has been mentioned if possible? I wish you all the best with this.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Spirits * ghosts don't only attack the mind. So sad but true. How ever what you're thinking & if you are fearful or when they know YOU know they're there they expose themselves even more. I'm going to read this again more carefully this time & my comment will follow. I do want to thank you for posting your story 1st thing though 😊

~LSD~
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Automatic writing is a form of short term possession. It is allowing an entity to use you as its instrument to open doors that you will not be able to close yourself. A little more research on the internet would have let you know that automatic writing is worse tha a ouija board.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
[at] Evan4Life - anything that mocks Christianity or is sacrilegious will attract demonic activity, even if it is 'not intended' by the person doing it. In fact, more often that not, demonic activity starts when someone does something that he does not think will actually work.
Evan4Life (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
you were smart not to use the ouiji board one time my friend used one (not just one friend this has happened many times) and the next day they found him ripped to shreads with the word "HELL" written on the wall automatic writing isn't that smart either you got lucky but if it has not harmed you just leave it alone if it does contact an exorcist if you want it to leave you alone spray holy water in your room (if your catholic) and sleep with a bible in your hands another good way to get rid of spirits is to cast them out using the name of jesus christ to cast them out note I have heard some acccounts that if you say the lords prayer backwords that wordes out demons it actully attracts them good luck
Wesker1016 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Dear Hayley.
Be careful with your methods of contacting the ghosts that are in your house. Automatic writing may not be as bad as a ouija board but it is still dangerous. I think you should just cantact a priest or a psychic and tell them about your paronormal experiences and seek help from them. I hope things get better! 😉
Wrakkar (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Ghosts are apparitions, generally harmless except when scaring you.
Poltergistes can attack your body only.
Daemonic entities are the things you should fear as they attack all parts of you, can avoid exorcism, are intelligent, always lie, are incredibly strong, and as far as anyone knows are only scared of God and Jesus.
Angelalalalah (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Ghosts only attack the mind. If you ignore it, it'll go away.
Wrakkar (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Also, you could try using will power to remove this entity, my dad once was attacked mentally by an entity right after seeing a man who wore only black trying to sell medallions to him. After returning home, he was caught in a mental assault. But my dad is very stubborn and fought it off. The next day, he saw this man again, and this man went practically hysterical and ran off the moment he saw my dad.

So, don't open your mind to it, but try to tell it to leave you alone, be angry, not scared if you can.
Wrakkar (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
Automatic writing should be used if these hauntings intensify, mabey this entity needs help?
If it actually attacks or trys to harm you/people you care for, ask a catholic priest to exorcise this infestation.

Catholic priests are the best at removing harmful entities.
shah_aagam777 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
just ask your dad that is there anything in past in this house happened? And one more thin that did you ever saw that thing
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
I suppose the big question is whether you want the activity you described to stop or not. Just remember that spirits are under no obligation to tell you the truth, and generally you won't find out until things get bad. Right now, it sounds to me like you are still curious. You might want to read more posts around here about what happens when things go bad. If you want help, there are people here who can help you.
I suggest you avoid contact and do everything you can to fight it now before it becomes aggressive.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: