You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man With His Little White Doggie

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man With His Little White Doggie

 

I was coming home from a party it was early, early morning. It gives me chills as I remember! As I came up to my street, I noticed a person standing on the side of the road, it wasn't unusual to see friends walking home from other friends houses late night, there was a few of us that lived on the same street and we liked to have fun. So I passed my street, intending to pick up a friend. When this person came into focus, all I could do was gasp, and feel shocked. I knew instantly it was a ghost, I felt it in my bones.

An old man, wearing a light brown fisherman's hat, which made it hard for me to see his eyes. I could see his cheeks, mouth, and nose... But no expression, or movement whatsoever. The only expression was a stone cold stare. He had his little white long-haired dog with him, on a leash. They both just stared, standing perfectly still. The dog was not sniffing around the grass, or wagging his tail happy to be outside, or doing anything except staring at me. He was cute though. I could see there was color to the man's clothing, but everything about them was white. Not glowing, just tinted with white.

I was so astonished that I had really seen a ghost; I had to go back for another look. I was second guessing myself after wards, thinking maybe it was just a man taking his doggy to pee pee in the middle of the night, but I dismissed that quickly. Aside from the fact I have never seen an animal stay perfectly still for so long, I knew in my heart that this was a ghost I had just seen.

So I made a U-turn at the next block. This is a rural area, there are no street lights, and the blocks are about a half mile apart. As soon as my headlights hit the road, shining in the darkness I saw those two glowing dots that reflect from animals eyes when headlights hit them in the dark. The animal did not look away once (I was watching very, very closely) the eyes glowed in the darkness until I was close enough to fully illuminate them once again with the headlights. They watched, unmoving and white, until I passed. I wonder if he wanted something, I felt sorry for him.

Another thing, they had switched sides. When I passed the first time they were on my passenger side, and when I passed them the second time coming from the other direction, they had moved over the road so they were still on my passenger side. The story pales in comparison to others I read on here, but it's still my ghost story.

Thanks for reading, hope you liked!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Curlsonthetips, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
ok I don't think it matters how long they were there because they might've died there and the feeling that theyre ghosts or fear indicates "Not good" which by the way you should trust and also it was crazy for you "Curlsonthetips" to go back there and check
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-23)
Thanks for the story and sharing it. It may pale in comparison but it still was a good story. I think that so many times we look for reassurances of what we see or experience, myself included. You know what you saw and I would trust in your very own intuition. I mean, who knows; maybe if you did some checking there was a man and his dog who were hit by a car or something on that road.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
ghostly girl does make a good point about the duration of time this apparition took place for, it is unusual for a ghost and a dog to energies their visible presence the amount of time you are suggesting, unless you have a strong psychic sense yourself... Not impossible and your gut feelings are telling you it was something out of the ordinary... Perhaps and this is a curve ball... It was spiritual intervention... You were meant to turn around and go have another look... To avoid something that could have prematurely taken you life? It wasn't your time... Long shot but perhaps food for thought... These types of interventions co exist with karma and often go unnoticed but are quite frequent...

Daz 😁
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
Hmmm... I don't know if it was a ghost. Ghosts usualy don't show themselves, and most certianly not for a long time.
Ghosts/spirits live on the Astral Plane, and therefore it is hard for them to move things or be seen on the physical plane, which is where we live.
Of course, there are rare occurances where ghosts have been presently seen for a long time.
You said that you KNEW it was a ghost. Maybe you've got medium abilities? Who knows. Anyways, if you say you KNEW they were ghosts, what the rest of us say dosen't matter.

-Light dosen't always equal good-

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
They may have acted strangely but how were you so sure they were ghosts? Were they transparant? Maybe you couldn't see his eyes because of poor lighting. They could have simply crossed the streat. You can see reflected glowing dots of a living animal. Did you see them vanish into thin air. Any glowing? Were they there then you turn your head for just a second and back were they gone? They may have acted strangly but maybe it was just a strange man with a strange dog. Maybe he trained his dog to behave that way for some reason. Do you know any strange living people?
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
there are many ghost in open rural areas. Beware of these and pray in church. GOD protect you these types of ghost. 😐
ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
today me and my friends sat in french and then my friends got scared because they saw an old man standing in acorner really close to our table (though I couldn't see him I got scared too cz I felt something evil) so finally we just concentrated on people we loved and then my friends told me that he was gone. Afterwards they told me that the man was bold and had a little white dog with him. If you are scared praying or feeling how much you love someone can weaken evil spirits and stuff like that, it also MIGT help if you ignore the fear
angeldemon (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
don't you think ghosts make apparitions for a reason? I think the ghost wanted you to realize something. Something that might have happened to him in the past. How he ended up in that way. Well even though I am saying these. I will never have the guts to investigate these things. Probably the biggest scaredy cat you have seen in your life 😆
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Well your story still scared me... I know what you mean when you said" you still get chills" just by telling your story. I don't think I would have been brave enough to take a second look. Not even if I had friends with me. And you walked pass him? Nope not me... I would have just froze up like a stone with fear! 😢 lol
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
I love how you described that you could feel it in your bones. I'm sure many friends here can identify with that sensation who have witnessed the paranormal. Thank you for sharing this interesting story. I hope you can submit more. Bless you & your. Much love.

~LSD~
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
since you had a second look why didn't you take a picture with your cell phone or something? That's the first thing that would have came to my mind.
Lillithia (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Although the chance remains that it was in fact a human being and his little dog, There are things that would make anyone think otherwise. First, the dog and owner were just standing there. I could possibly see a man standing, but the dog, too? Sound's fishy. Did they move at all, even in the slightest? Then there's the switch of position. That sounds quit unreal. When they moved to the opposite side of the road, were they standing in the exact same position once again, or were their changes in the stance? Also, was this white hue they took on something that could be comparable to the way headlights can illuminate objects, or would you say it was something entirely of it's own?

Haha, well if I had to give the man and his dog a story, I'd say that he was a lonely old man that was walking his only friend, the white doggie, and the dog somehow got hit by a car. Then, when the man died, he found and was reunited with his friend, and now they just stare down passing cars with hatred because of the incident? 😆
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
All fine and dandy, but until you've insured that it was in fact a pair of ghosts, they could've just as easily been alive.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
Thats scary! I'm amazed you went back for a second look! 😆 have you found anything out about the residents in that area maybe he died alone with his dog or something similar, Good story, bummer you don't know who he is tho
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: