You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The New Big House

Real Ghost Stories

The New Big House

 

This happened in Jacksonville, Fl when I was about 11. I lived in this huge house that my grandparents paid for. I had always wanted to live in such a mansion-like place, but my sister resented the idea totally. The first few days were fine, except I was separated from my sister for once, and I thought I kept hearing noises, like creaks, giggles and footsteps outside my door. I told my mom about it but she said I was hallucinating. I hated when my mom didn't believe me!

The following week, things got more strange. I always felt cold and as if someone was watching me. Every time I took a step, my shadow would always be a half-step behind me, which wasn't supposed to happen. But the strangest thing was that I would set things down, like, for instance, my mother and I would be baking, and I would put down the mixing spoon for a second to grab the eggs, but when I gave them to my mother, the mixing spoon would be gone, and I would find it later, in the fridge, or on the ground. I was totally freaked out by the time a month passed. I couldn't go to sleep, because I heard childish laughing, and creaking, and my door would open, but I couldn't convince my mom to move out!

Finally, the "things" attached. The invisible monsters hit me, and tried to smother me with my pillow, I screamed and screamed, and it finally stopped once my mother turned on the light. My sister checked me for damage, and I was covered in wounds and red marks. I still have scars to prove it. We moved out the following day. Even though 4 years have passed, I never forget to lock my door.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marrybrowny (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
that was so scary. The same thing happened to me also. I felt that I was being watched.
Sariel (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Whoa, great story, pretty scary! Especially child laughter, I don't know why but the idea of ghost children scares me the most, and a creeper lady with a white hospital dress, sorry, got carried away. But thank you for sharing! 😉
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
i am with shane on this one. Do you ever see anything anymore? I would say you had more than one spirit in your home.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Wow, now that was intense. I am just wondering how you went from childish laughter and annoying noises to being attacked. Did you do something to provoke the spirit/s, like try and order it to leave your home or something. Please tell me you didn't use a ouija board. Those things are nothing but bad, even if you know how to protect yourself while you are using it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: