You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Watches Over Us

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Watches Over Us

 

My next story is a year later about a month after my grandfather died. I remember this one clearly. I was asleep in the lounge room at my grandmas as I was sent to live with her while our house was being built and I got woken by my uncle walking in the front door after spending the night out with friends. He walked into his room leaving the hall light on. I got up to turn it off because I can't sleep with lights on. I walked into the hall and seen my grandfather reaching for the switch saying something back lazy kids why can't they turn the lights off (We all have a terrible habit of leaving lights on).

At first I was scared but when he looked at me and smiled I couldn't help but smile back. He said to me I'm sorry did I wake you, I didn't mean to now hurry my small precious sweet pea that dream boat awaits you. I made my way back to the lounge room and climbed back under the covers. I soon feel back asleep.

I still often see my grandpa around no one else does only me. We also have conversations sometimes. I fill him in on the goings on and he sits and listens. It confuses me as to why he stays he knows we are all very close and that we are safe so why does he stay? He should really move on. Does anyone know how I can help him if I can help him?

Other hauntings by Bump

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bump, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Update: I talked with my Grandfather about why his still around and he said it's because he wants to know my grandmother and I are always going to be safe. As of March last year his been causing some trouble. My mother made a mess of her relationships with me, my aunty, uncle and grandmother so his been cauing mayhem in her life. I can tell his mad you can feel the mood shift when my Mother enters the house.
Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Any batteries we have in the house tend to drain quite quickly like with my keyboard I have to replace the batteries in that every day because they just drain even if I'm not using it. Our power hasn't gone up but we have been replacing light blobs more then we usually do.
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I truly believe that there is a difference between ghosts and spirits. A spirit is someone who has crossed over but returns to our world to visit, protect, etc. A ghost is someone who has died but has not crossed over [because they don't know they're dead, died traumatically, or are afraid to cross over for fear of being judged (but of course God doesn't judge and welcomes all who want to go home with open arms) ]. That is just what I believe.

It sounds like your grandpa is a spirit... I think he definitely is watching over you. It's a very touching story. You are truly blessed to have such a loving spirit as your guardian!

:0)
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
That is pretty darn amazing and the fact that he is so vivid is interesting.

Have you had any power issues like battiers really flat or like flickering ect and find out if your parents power bill has gone up?

This is really cool please keep us (even just me 😜) Posted on what's happening I'm really interested.

Regards,
~Shadead.
Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Shadead he was in full color with his normal get up his huge glasses, white button up shirt, gray vest, brown jacket, his brown dress pants and black polished shoes.

And as you have all said about him being my guardian angel I think you may be correct. Next time I see him I'll ask why stays.
Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
My Vote is on Guardian, The fact you can see him for more than a brief moment and its re-occouring sounds like hes looking out for you hence the light,

Is he fully visible in colour or not just curious? Also try find out whether he wants to cross or not.

Anyhow luck you and hope he keeps a keen eye on you.

P.S I love how old people speak "my small precious sweet pea that dream boat awaits you"

Regards,
Shadead.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Your very lucky to be able to see your grandfather in a full manifestation as you described that's awesome. As mentioned by previous posters I think he is still around to watch over you and his home I think he finds comfort in this, next time ask him and see what he says.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Bump: This is really great!...How lucky you are to be able to converse with your Grandpa!...I'm going to do stuff like this after I die 😆...It's on my list of "Things to do After I die"!... (lol...I have another: "Things to do BEFORE I die")... 😆

Great to hear these kinds of stories... Going in my faves... Thanks for posting! ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
This is so sweet. I had tears in my eyes from this.
As Pendragon says, he could have returned as your guardian. He may also be sticking around because he misses you all very much. A person may cross over, but their love lives on. It sounds like you have a close family, and a special bond with your grandfather in particular.
Do as Pendragon suggests, ask him why he stays. If he stays because he worries for you, tell him you are ok, and he can complete his journey without worrying for you. It could be that he has already completed his journey and can now cross from realm to realm as he wishes. If he has completed the journey, then you can feel assured that he is acting as your guardian angel.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
It cold be that he's your guardian angel, and he's looking out for you. The fact that he comes back, only to see you, could be proof of that. I would ask him next time why he sticks around, and see what he has to say.

He could just think you're better company than the people on the other side.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: