You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Walking My Dog But Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

Walking My Dog But Not Alone

 

I am a first generation in the United States, and grew up listening to ghost stories from the older generations. Finally I get one to tell.

I am 20 years old and living in one of the quietest towns in New York. One night I stayed up late with my older brother watching a season of Southpark. In between episodes my brother would say let's take a break and he would go get something to eat. I decided while I was waiting for him I'd walk my dog, Juno. Juno was 4 months old at the time, so when a puppy starts yelling they got to go right? So I figured I'm up late why not walk her now and get to sleep in a couple more hours. It was 2:30am-ish. So I walk Juno and I brought her to a field right in the middle of our neighborhood where everyone walks their dogs. It is well lit with little street lamps. When Juno and I arrived at the spot Juno started to growl with her lips paced back, I smiled wondering what the hell's wrong with her. When I looked up to where she was looking I saw a boy standing under one of the trees. He was a blond boy with a military looking hair style wearing a pair of Hawaiian shorts, I couldn't remember the shirt though or if he was wearing shoes. So I stared at the kid for about 10 seconds and then shut my eyes real tight only to still see the kid standing under the tree.

I decide to talk to the kid while my dog looked like she was going to tear the kids head off. I asked the kid "isn't it too late for you to be out here" the kid just nodded his head. I then asked the kid "where are you from? I never seen you around here before", the kid just looked at me with a blank look, I then looked at my dog because her growling turned into barking and howling. By the time I looked up I saw 2 flashes of light one higher then one of the houses and the other as high as the tall tree in their backyard and that was it. I looked and the tree nothing was there and my dogs head went from looking into the sky to looking for a place to pea. When I got into the house I told my brother and he said to just grab a soda and forget about it, so I did.

The next morning I went back to the same spot to walk Juno and looked at the spot where the boy was standing, it was impossible to even stand in their so straight. There were branches and twigs and leaves all over the place from the overgrown tree, you couldn't even see through the tree to the other side, plus who would let their kid out that late? Why was Juno going crazy, she's so friendly she would run away with anyone, also she's a young dog, I didn't think they could sense evil or death or whatever until they got older. I had a 3 minute conversation with this... Thing, even though he didn't say any words.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scoont, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi, Did you say he stand by the tree, I am curious I wonder if he had fall from the the tree and broke his neck just wonder myself, I hear New York have murder and bad things there but never live there before. Dogs do see things so is my cat she seen things that I don't but when I see her stare at the space I know we not are alone.
MothToFlame (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Would it be odd to think that the little boy "moved on" after you have asked him if it was too late to be out? I mean, since the light just kept on going higher above the trees, followed by your dog glancing up at the sky, wouldn't that be an indication that he went to the light?

I might be wrong, though.

Lovely story. 😊 If the little boy ever returns, I wonder what he's going to do next!
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Very interesting, I liked your story. It would be nice to find out more about this boy, I wonder what happened to him?
Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Try go back there at the same time with Juno and see if you get the same greeting.

Regards,
~Shadead.
s_d_l_paranormal (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
that's creepy don't you know that when dogs or puppies howl they sense a spirit? But that's what we believe 😲
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Really interesting, thanks Sccont. I'm thinking that maybe the boy is buried there? In a unmarked grave. He doesn't seem to be evil so far. All animals can sense spirit. My cat can and she's only a teenager, hey she just went haywire and followed something with her eyes!.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
That's really creepy, Scoont! Maybe you could ask some of the other neighbors when you see them next time at the dog park if they've ever seen a boy who looks like that...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: