You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Holiday Visits From Loved Ones

Real Ghost Stories

Holiday Visits From Loved Ones

 

My late grandmother died 3 years ago, and when I found out I went into what I guess could be best described as Auto-Pilot. I got so depressed that I wouldn't leave the house or talk to anyone. It went on for over a month. Then, 2 days before my birthday, I woke up in the middle of the night because of a familiar burning sensation on the back of my neck.**Explanation at the bottom**

Once I woke up, I noticed that someone was sitting on my bed, brushing my forehead with their hand. I thought I was still dreaming, until I opened my eyes and saw my late grandmother! She looked down at me, smiled, and said, "Happy Birthday Sweet pea." Then she vanished. To this day, she visits me around my birthday, Christmas, and Easter. Does anyone else have regular visits from loved ones?

If anybody has any input on this, I would love to hear it. Honestly, anyone that I told always thought I was crazy so I want to give other people a chance to tell someone about their own experiences.

**That burning sensation is actually my own "Sixth Sense". It let's me know if someone is nearby, if I should hit the deck, if something bad is about to happen, etc. It's also save my hide a few times. But I was wondering, does anyone have any clue as to WHAT my "Sixth Sense" is?**

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gamma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GlowEyeSpirit (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
I think your grandma want like keep watch and more save to you... I do understand how your felt really close love miss your grandma. She very good take care to you for longtime...
jenheartsu (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
My family also calls me Sweet Pea. I really cracked a smile when she said Happy Birthday to you. That was sweet that she summoned all her energy to talk to you.
meangirl_26 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
i remember when I was a kid, I always had visits from my grandfather whenever his death anniversay and birthday is near, even though we never really saw each other. (I was born a couple of years after he died). I knew that it was my grandfather when I described what I saw to my aunt and she confirmed that it was him.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
My sixth sense is in my stomach and when something is not right or when I sense something out of normality I feel like "butterflies" in my stomach area... I do not have visits from loved ones and I think that your story sounds so nice, you are a lucky person!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Gamma, Our departed love ones often watch over us for a period of time... As it has only been 3 years since your grandma pass, your grandma still has your thoughts close to her heart...don't be disappointed if in the next few years these visits become less frequent... I would say your grandma is one of the lucky ones that went through the light and into the kingdom of heaven... The reason I believe this is... Because its between birthdays that she makes her presence known to you... Probably means she is in eternal bliss somewhere over the rainbow instead of having any unfinished business so to say... Those that cross are at peace and can cross and visit us from time to time... Probably to a point where they know you are ok... Or that they are letting you go... But they will all ways be near one way or another and I have a feeling when its your turn your grandma will be one of the first you see❤

Best wishes Daz
OMGscaryRAWR (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
my "Sense" is a strange sensation on the back of my neck and the side of my face. My bedroom is CRAZY haunted. I get this sensation whenever I am in that particular room. I wish I could see loved ones. All I see is unknown spirits and evil beings. 😜 😢
Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
I think its just your way of reaching out to them, per se. My mom talks about how each ghost has a different feel to them. She can tell good from bad in a split second, where as it takes me a little longer. But there's no rhyme or reason to my sightings. ^^
Youre lucky to have her there with you, Congratuations!
Gamma (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Yeah, it is helpful. It doesn't happen on command or everytime It needs to. I'd say about 80% of the time it will work. 15% of the time it won't and 5% of the time it will be a false alarm. She still visits me. With her the burning is unique. Instead of being flat out burning, It's more of a comforting warmth, like I'm being embraced.
Nawtij (7 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Everyone has a 6th sense, it just depends on how in-tune you are with it. Some people you could say are gifted with a strong 6th sense i.e. Seeing spirits, extra-sensetivity to spiritual matters ("feeling"), but everyone has a soul, and therefore is able to sense spiritual things and have a 6th sense. It always amazes me though when people ignore their 6th sense, or deny having a soul! (BTW)
Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Im not sure about the burning, but it sounds like its helpful. Thats pretty cool though, to have such a clear sign.
My mother's realitives visit her all the time, when shes upset or stressed out, or even when she needs guidence. Your grandmother may always be there on the outskirts, but only has the energy to come out on special occasions. Did those particular holidays have any sort of meaning between you two? Its somthing to think about.
Walrek (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
For your Grandma, she more than likely came because you were depressed and was trying to comfort you. (She is in a better place)

As far as your sixth sense. I believe that everyone is given a spiritual gift from God: to some, faith; others, the gift of speaking or understanding other languages; to heal or be healed; etc. Your sixth sense may allow you to sense other spirits- living or dead- and as your Grandma is watching out for you, you maybe *hearing* her warnings of danger. That is what I think might be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: