You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spiritual Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Spiritual Encounters

 

Being interested in the paranormal at an early age, this story is about a small collection of events that happened to me in early January, May and June this year. I guess it all started when I bought an automatic writing kit at my favorite bookstore. I was so excited, thinking that I would be able to talk to spirits, well... "Automatically." At first the writings from the planchette were completely illegible, unless the scribbles and dots were some type of map or code. I began using it around two or three times a day, thinking that it was some great hoax for people to get in touch with their divine selves. I was really wrong on that outburst there!

I would come home from school, drop my books and stuff on the living room table, I would immediately go upstairs to take off my shoes and nice school clothes for lounge wear. When I would walk up the stairs and hit the top of the flight, I always got the weirdest feeling, like I was about to have some type of seizure or throw up. I felt this way the strongest in my mom's room and the computer room, but never in my own room. I could usually see slightly figured clouds or mists of gray or black in corners of theses rooms, and they were not shadows! I told my mother about these ongoing feelings, and she told me to get rid of that writing crap and dump it in the trash. I was kind of glad, like the burden of being watched over by some maloevent, unseen force was over.

Now, this next experience happened only three months ago while I was still living in my house mentioned in the story above. So, that new movie that people craved over and wanted to see was, "Paranormal Activity." I had to admit, the previews were scary enough to convince me to rent and watch it with my cousin. It probably drove me up the wall, and I really wanted an Ouija board like in the movie. So, I decided to buy one, with my mother's permission of course, and took it straight home. Once again, I rushed through whatever I was doing and ran upstairs into my room and tore open the box that read, "The All-Seeing-Eye Board." I plopped down in my desk, placed the board flatly on top, and gently lay my two index fingers on the planchette. "Are there any spirits that would like to talk?" The spirit took awhile to respond but said, "Yes." I asked if it was a good spirit, it said yes. Now, you may think, "Oh, it's just a friendly ghost! What's the worst that could happen?" Even if it was, we're all humans and we rarely ever deal with these types of things, so if we encounter things like this we're practically blown out of our socks and scared to death by something we can't see! Well anyways, I talked and talked with this spirit for days whose name was Todd.

On one particular night, I was lying in bed not really tired staring at my ceiling fan, just TRYING to urge off this achy feeling through my body, like someone was watching me. I blinked and my eyes grew as wide as the moon. I heard light, quick footsteps on my wooden floor but they came to a quick stop dead in front my dresser. I saw a fuzzy, dark grey outline of a manly figure about my height, which is 5'9". My heart was beating at a rate which felt like it was going into my throat! I calmed down, but felt a tug on my sheets, like someone was lying on the floor or standing up to pull off my sheets. Then, I felt something kneeling beside my bed, almost like it was looking at my face and my profile. My top sheet pulled down off me about a good few inches, just enough to see my chin and neck. The day after that, I woke up, and trashed that Ouija board quicker than I could even remember.

So, what do any of you guys think of this? Was it my imagination, or something more? Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by freddysgirl1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freddysgirl1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I agree with the other posters and if you said good bye properly then you don't have to worry much. I suggest that you follow badjuujuu's advice.

hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I agree witht the majority of the posts stating that the Ouija is a tool and should only be used by people who know exactly what it can do or provoke. With that said, you are braver than me. I would also like to communicate with the many spirits that I know inhabit my life...however, I'm too chicken! LOL I wish I knew someone personally who knew how to use the Ouija and could help open that door...safely. I commend your bravery 100%. I'm afraid of the same thing happening if I get into the Ouija... IF I ever do one, I don't want to do it at my house. I know that spirits can go wherever they want so it's probably pointless to think that if I do it elsewhere, that I will be ok. But the thought of doing the Ouija in my own house completely freaks me out. Haha 😆
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I meant to type tool. I guess I'm the tool here. LOL! No but, yeah. I know I have to type more on here. I have no WIFI at the Hotel so I'm not on my PC & this keyboard is just awkward. You know?

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
It's just like picking up any toll. A chain saw or a nail gun or a loaded pistol, lol! For real though, if you don't know what you're doing you can seriously get hurt.

~LSD~
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Amber_Bailey
I know, it's a sure strange thing to play with oujia boards but it made me feel wonderful inside, like a part of my soul was warm and fuzzy. Not like a satanic over-coming, I'm a Christian all the way, but somehow like my communicating was fulfilled. ❤
Amber_Bailey (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
My cousins & I use to play with an Ouija board when we were kids. Each one of us would question the other one, not sure if they were being honest & not moving the board themselves, or if something was moving it.I'll never know really, but I do know this. One day we played the Ouija & asked it a lot of questions, it answerd them all. We werent really all that freaked out, so we just thew it down and went to sleep. My sleep however, wasn't quiet as peaceful as the others I suppose. I had horrible dreams, throughout the entire night. Its like I was asleep, but awake at the same time. & there were people in my room, playing with that Ouija board! They would look up at me & smile, I didn't know who they were. It was a dream, I thought, but why did it feel and look so real, like those people were really in my room playing with that ouija board!? Weird, so I don't know. Thats been years ago.But,i know I don't like those, and wouldn't ever own one,LOL.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
freddysgirl1984: Agreeing with previous posters. The main thing is that obviously you knew what these boards do but you were not ready to experience the outcomes. This is fair enough who wouldn't be scared at first, although please do be carefull I myself would not use one but each to there own. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Great story! If that would have happened to me, I would have freaked! It was good that you were able to remain somewhat calm during that nightly visitation. I think Pendragon and JuJu gave you good advice. I agree that this ghost wasn't malevolent in any way. He seems harmless and curious about you, just as you were curious about him.

:0)
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Thanks to you both, Pendragon and BadJuuJuu, you're comments really gave me a better understanding. Just, thanks again. 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
The thing about Ouija boards, they are a tool. In themselves, neither good nor evil. However, they can be dangerous when used by someone who isn't experienced in proper use of the board.
You seem to have approached the Ouija with respect. For that reason, I think you attracted a human ghost with no ill intent. Getting rid of the board was probably wise though. You appear to have an affinity for the spiritual, but not be quite ready to actively engage it. Learn, read, but for the time being, don't try to make contact. When the time is right to communicate, you will know.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
It doesn't sound like imagination to me; but this ghost, "Todd", that you contacted doesn't seem evil, either. From the sounds of things, he just wanted to look at you. Which makes me wonder - maybe, as we can't fully see them, spirits that interact with our world can't fully see us, or our world, either. This would explain why so many of them seem to crash into things, of make really loud banging sounds against the walls. It would also explain why they like to be so close to us.

Also, it's said that, when you ask a demon a direct question, such as if it is good or evil, from the Board, that they can not lie. So this leaves us with the only other variants: It's supposed to only be human spirits that can answer "yes" when asked if they are good spirits. Even if they start getting mad or are rude, you can easily tell them, "Okay, well, if you're going to be like that, I'd rather talk to someone who wants to talk, not someone who's going to be rude and mean."

You're going to have a whole bunch of people coming in here to tell you that you were stupid for using the Ouija board. All I can say is - if you followed the precautions that the board told you to follow, and if you said "goodbye" after your sessions with Todd, you should have very little to be worried about.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: