You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My First And Only Sleep Paralysis Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First And Only Sleep Paralysis Experience

 

About a decade ago I was living in a very haunted three decker apartment in Worcester, MA. The rest of the story of this apartment is detailed in the story, 'Supernatural Activities in the Old Apartment.'

I lived alone on the top floor of this three decker and at the time most of the paranormal craziness had ceased. Once in a great while something would happen to let me know 'they' (or he or she) were still there. This, I believe, may be one of those times.

I had never experienced sleep paralysis before and have not since this one incident. I remember it was a regular night and I did my normal before bed routine. It was a weekend so I was happy to be able to sleep in the next day.

I woke in the morning to what felt like a hand moving through my hair and down the side of my body. I slept on my side in the fetal position and this felt as if someone with a very soft touch just ran their hand from my forehead, down my side and stopped somewhere along my calf. Then the freakiest thing happened. I felt that whatever it was was trying to absorb itself into my body. I could actually feel it trying to invade me. In my head I was screaming, "No! No! No!" I couldn't move or open my eyes. I started to say the Lord's Prayer and it released me. I could now open my eyes. I turned over, my heart beating furiously, and there of course was nothing there. Nothing was out of place. The room appeared quite peaceful and the morning sun was peeking in from behind the blinds.

Before coming to this site, I never heard of sleep paralysis. I do know that it terrified me and I couldn't help but wonder if whatever had already been in my apartment was attempting to possess me. This was my one and only experience with this type of thing, thank goodness. It does leave me questioning if it was truly sleep paralysis or something more sinister, where it only happened once in a place I know without a shadow of a doubt, was haunted. Thanks all for your thoughts on this.

Other hauntings by Jennifer40

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennifer40, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hey Dan. I'm so glad you have enjoyed them. I always enjoy reading your input. Maybe some day we'll know the answers to these things. Thanks!

Jennifer ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hi Jennifer always love to read your experience! My guess is that it was sleep paralysis although as you said the home it occured in raises some doubts I guess we will never truly know (That house seemed rather active😨). I'm glad this is the one and only time you experienced something like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: