You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Early Doors Phone Call

Real Ghost Stories

Early Doors Phone Call

 

I live in a small village in Derbyshire, with my two daughters. Last night when I got into bed (27.09.2010) at approximatley 10pm to read my book, I heard noises from downstairs. It was the sound of my dog's bowls being moved. This has happened before. On Sunday one of the bowls fell off the side onto the floor whilst we were all watching tv. Well last night, I thought I had better go downstairs to investigate, but found nobody or nothing, so I went back to bed a little freaked out.

I read my book until 10. 45pm then set the alarm and put my mobile telephone on my bedside table (I always keep it there switched on in case of emergencies). By this time everybody was asleep, so I switched off the light and went to sleep myself. The next thing I remember is something waking me up at 1.19am this morning. It was my telephone ringing and vibrating, and it fell of my table. I turned on my light feeling concerned and worried, wondering who was calling me at this time in the morning. I looked at my mobile and the screen was blank, no name or number on the display. I tried to answer the call, but my phone wouldn't allow me to, saying that this was an invalid action. This shook me up a bit. We have had a few things happen since we have moved into this house back in June of this year. I have been woken up by the sound of a little girl crying and also have heard somebody calling the name Elizabeth in the middle of the night.

Other hauntings by mxpoppy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mxpoppy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mxpoppy (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Luke 2011 I'm in Clowne, nr Chesterfield. Still living in the same house.
lukew2011 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
wot village in derbyshire do you live in cause I live in derbyshire? I live in wirksworth near matlock
mxpoppy (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
Hi, a more recent update. I am still woken during the night by a little girl crying, and I can assure you it is not my children. Also, just tonight, all three of us were overwelmed by a very strong smell of onions, although there are none in the house. We often hear footsteps upstairs, and I'm often thinking this is one of the dogs, only to find they are in the living room. Also the dogs are often barkng for no apparent reason. We don't know quite what to do.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
mxpoppy: Firstly I wouldn't look to much into the mobile phone incident they are very tempermental sometimes and many things can go wrong with them, if it has occured often then I would be a bit more suspicious. Your other experiences though seem like something is after your attention, this could have something to do with your homes history, or possibly an object you have in your possesion that this spirit may be attatched to.
Dogs and cats are very intune with sort of stuff so watch them carefully, also has your daughters ever seen or experienced anything? Good luck with your investigation.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
mxpoppy (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Hi Kalli, thank you for taking the time to comment. You have hit on a valid point, I was thinking that this "thing" may have something to do with the dogs as its the dogs bowls that keep being moved and falling off the worksurface. Also since we have moved here, one of my dogs is acting strange all the time, and when I go out she can get over the gate into the living room but when I am at home she can't get over and I have been pondering the fact that someone or something has been playing with her when I'm not here, because when I do get back she is tired. I will set up the camera to see if I can investigate further. Maxine ❤
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
I agree with Sarah I would have been freaked out too. The phone thing is still freaking me out a little. We have a movie in the states about that. Whille I agree also that is trying to communticate with you. Maybe the entity likes dogs so put a dog toy or something out in the hallway or whereever and if oyu have a camrera or voice recorder you might catch something so you'll at least know what the thing is or wants. Hope that helps. ❤Kalli
mxpoppy (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Hi Sarah

We do have an option to call back over here too, and I have tried it, but it doesn't work either, thanks for the suggestion tho. ❤
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
The phone call thing would have freaked me out to! Have you tried to *69 it? Or maybe that's a thing here in the states but what *69 does it calls the number back. Someone is trying pretty hard to communicate with you. Just hope it all goes well!
~Sarah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: