You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Red Head Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Red Head Boy

 

This happened about a year ago now and the image is still burned in my memory. Around 10 pm one evening my boyfriend and I were headed to a friends house. We decided to take the back way there because it would be much faster. This road was long and had quite a few turns, it was also pretty dark so the brights were on. Around one of the turns there were some deer walking across the road so we had to slow down. As we began to speed up again we both glanced to our left, I gasped and had instant goosebumps while my boyfriend looked at me to try and confirm what he had seen. Clear as day and like we were meant to see him there was a red head boy standing at the tree line staring into the woods. He had on a green blazer and looked about 12 years old. He never turned around to look at the truck coming toward him. He just stood there. I feel like this was not a living child because when you were 12 in the dark by yourself next to the woods wouldn't you turn around and see what was driving toward you?

My boyfriend did not believe in anything supernatural before this but we had to sleep with the lights on for quite some time. I don't know if this means anything that we both saw him. It was the most horrifying feeling I have ever experienced. It makes no sense for me to feel this... It was just a little boy, right?

We pulled into the grocery store parking lot where the road ended and sat there for a second, both of our hearts pounding. He wanted to go back and see if the little boy was still there but I was terrified. He was driving and was curious so we went back. He was gone. It didn't really surprise me. I can no longer drive down that road at night.

Since then we have moved to a couple different places within the state. At our first apartment we would leave the bedroom door open and he said he would feel like someone was watching him from the kitchen. I have also had problems with talking in my sleep, not just talking but saying horrifying things. According to my boyfriend, I don't remember saying this, I sat up in bed one night, looked at him, and said 'I killed the cat'. On another night in our new house I also sat up and said something like 'She can't wear white, don't let her wear white'. That night he threatened to leave and go to his parents house. This was 2am, he was so afraid of me.

I really don't know if the last part has any connection to the little red head boy but things have gotten really scary. I am currently staying home alone and I have to leave the light on and lock my bedroom door. It probably wouldn't help if anything really wanted to get me. As a last note I would like to say that I have used a Ouija board.

Thanks for reading.

x.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Andromida, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Andromida (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
I don't really know who or what he was. I think the scariest part was actually that he didn't turn around and look at us, which would be a normal human reaction especially being so young in the dark... I appreciate the feedback and it may have just been an accident that we saw him.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Your boyfriend must be a scardy cat. LOL. My son talks in his sleep as well as my brother and it never scares us. I don't understand why he would be scared of you talking in your sleep. Usually, dreams are part of our subconscious. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I wonder who that red head boy was. He could be a lost soul in the woods.

Andromida (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Haha You are right snowhite. It shouldn't be that creepy, but it was. I played with the ouija board at my sorority and we did it quite often. One time when something was communicating with us a picture leaning on the wall fell forward onto my back. I've said a lot of scary things talking in my sleep about killing the cats and sometimes just sitting up and staring at my boyfriend. We have not seen the little boy again but it always feels like someone is watching us, especially at night and mostly from the kitchen.
krazberry (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Man that's some scary stuff, well you shouldn't have used an Ouija, because it can make ghosts haunt your home, and the ghost you try to summon will haunt that house for all eternity. 😢
JimD (431 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Hi;

Well, the Ouija Board opened the door. This sounds a lot like a case I handled a number of years ago. The night time vivid dreams is a demonic initial assault. I didn't notice presence of cold spots, night time whisperings, what I call "magical whisperings", dark shadows, but the fear and chaos are there.

As a demonologist, I recommend use of Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night, and the use of the name of Jesus and Mary. I hope it let's up, but I get very busy prior to Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Hi Andromida, thanks for sharing your story, it's interesting but frightening. Using an Ouija board could have also attracted unwelcome guests to your lives without you realising it, or it could be just be the paranormal trying to get your attention. The little boy seems like a roadside ghost, something must have happened there with him, maybe an accident, who knows. Is there any bad history about that road you know of? Maybe the boy is also just trying to figure out what happened with him and maybe his family if it was an accident. And your husband seems like he is not used to the paranormal because otherwise he wouldn't have freaked out in such an extent. Did you say goodbye on that board game? That Ouija board game can have a bad impact on your life if you don't play it right and if you don't end it right. Good luck, and take care. Trix
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Why in the world would you talking in your sleep make him want to leave? What that has to do with the paranormal is beyond me. People talk in their sleep all the time and it's silly to hold a person to such a standard that whatever they happen to say while dreaming is somehow a manifestation of spiritual activity. I don't know what the little boy would have to do with someone wearing white or not. I'm confused. 😕However, it is eerie about the little redhead boy. A dark and lonely road late at night is no place for a child.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Damn... Its just like paranormal activity, please do read my story haunted flat-2 then you will see that my fianc
snowhite (203 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Your boyfriend is a mummy's little boy. A little boy's ghost should not be that creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: