You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Grandpa's Prayer Vigil

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Prayer Vigil

 

This Story happened on my Grandfather's 1st death anniversary which we believe he made his last visit to us. It's a Filipino tradition to put up a prayer vigil for a love one who recently past away on their 1st death anniversary. We believe that the first year after their death their soul roams freely around the world to finish what they have left unfinished, and If their spirit stays on this world for more than a year they become a lost soul. We believe that doing a prayer vigil on their 1st death anniversary will guide them to after life finished or unfinished.

During the prayer all of us started to smell a hint of ointment that my grandfather always use for his muscle spasm. It has a unique mint smell and no one here uses it as you can only buy it in the Philippines. Unfortunately I can't remember the name.

Grandpa's Prayer Vigil

We also believe that he showed himself on one of the pictures we took that day. I've attached this picture of his altar we made for his prayer vigil where we saw an image of him. I placed 2 circle on this picture one was the image on the window and one was a picture of him on the altar. The picture on the altar might be too small make a comparison to the image on the window. But it really is a split image of my grandfather before he died.

We didn't know that there was an image of him there until we posted the pictures on the net to show our relatives in the Philippines. We were surprised when one of them made a comment saying that there's an image of my Grandfather on the back.

No one was outside that time and the floor on that part of the garden where the person would be standing to create that image is filled with flowers so its off limits. If it's a shadow made by trees outside why does it form a head shape with eyes, nose and mouth which is a split image of my grandfather.

Other hauntings by Springrain08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Springrain08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

plmchl_san (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Springrain, could it be katinko?:)

I believe you dude. It happened to me too when my dad passed away

But the association with the face might be apophenia or pareidolia
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
I don't think that is your grandpa. I just don't think the part you circled looks like the picture on the table and it is not an image of a human's face anyway.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Spirits...especially family members are always associated with a familiar scent/smell/perfume...even cigar smoke (if they smoked). In this case they felt they could smell a medicine that their grandpa used.
Very natural...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Patternicity, you see what you want to see.

Http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=patternicity-finding-meaningful-patterns

OK, since when would a ghost need muscle spasm ointment?
BearsEatBeets (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
It seems like an optical illusion to me. The way the window coverings fold and distort (also the small designs on them) can create an illusion of a face. When I first looked at this, I had no idea what you were talking about, but when I looked harder I could make everything pull together a little better and see what you were seeing. I feel that because of the superstitions that a loved one's ghost wanders for a year and finishes business that people's minds (who believe in this tradition) distort things and look for the ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: