You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Bedroom

 

I've had many ghost experiences in my lifetime. My current situation has led me here because it is in my home that I actually own and cannot just move away from. Things are now at the point where I'm terrified at night and even sleep with a light on.

To summarize, a previous resident of my house died tragically in a motorcycle accident. As it turns out the world isn't so big and I know a person who knew him when he was living. I know he liked to throw parties here and one of his friends that frequented this house was murdered violently by her boyfriend who also spent time here.

The activity began months before this, but I recently had my cards read. When it was time to ask a question I said "In my house..." and she cut me off and said "You mean the ghosts?". Without me saying another word she knew that there was a male ghost who was "bothering" me and a female who was "trying to communicate".

The most activity in my house takes place in the bedroom. My husband snores and often has the courtesy to sleep on the sofa due to my light sleeping, so I'm often alone in that room. One time I walked in to the dark room headed to turn on the light and I walked in to a presence. I could feel his energy as if he were trying to hide and certainly didn't expect me to run in to him. The energy quickly vanished. Several days later, I was woken up in the middle of the night thinking I was hearing and seeing (in the dark) my husband walking to his side of the bed. It wasn't until the dark shadow hovered over the bed that I realized this was not my husband. Again it must have become aware that I knew it was there and it vanished. After this happened I verbally told the ghost he was scaring me and to leave me alone.

About a week or so after the shadow I was woken up by a voice. This time it sounded and felt like a female energy. She clearly said "I'm dead.". I have not heard her again, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is also fearful or suppressed by the male energy.

Last week I came home from the store with my son. Both my bedroom door and the door at the bottom of the stairs to the basement were closed. I asked my son if he had done that before we left and he said "No." I don't remember them being closed when I left, and if they had been I would have opened them as the litter box is in the basement and I like the bedroom door open. I checked and none of the animals had closed the door from the inside and I'm sure none of them could have pulled them closed. Doors closing due to air circulation has never occurred in this house, neither has anything like this either.

A few nights ago my husband did come in to the bedroom. It wasn't that late and he needed to ask me something. He came in to the dark room and then he spoke. I woke up and opened my eyes to see him standing next to the bed, but what I focused on was the apparition of someone sitting on the floor staring at me. Their face was about even with the height of the mattress and they were only a few feet from me. I apparently quickly pushed the pillow I was hugging at the apparition because my husband still doesn't understand why I "threw a pillow at him". My husband has experienced "corner shadows" and things like the computer turning itself on, but he has not had contact like I have so he doesn't really believe why I'm so scared.

Night before last I did a salt protection ritual, smudged the house with sage and slept with a candle (safely) burning. I slept much better that night. Unfortunately some of the salt got in the bed so I had to wash the sheets yesterday. I had also tried the method where you place your shoes at the foot of your bed with one turned the wrong direction (it's supposed to confuse them). Yesterday evening I found my slippers neatly placed correctly next to each other right outside my bedroom door. I never leave them there. Furthermore my slippers look alike from the outside except one has a ribbon and only I know that it means it goes on my right foot (my husband does not pay attention to those things nor would he ever neatly place my shoes anywhere). I told myself that I must have put my slippers there and "forgot" because thinking that the ghost did was too much.

Last night I had a nightmare. Actually I'm not sure if it was really a nightmare of if this male ghost was messing with me again. In the "dream" the ghost was there, and I even reached out and felt his dead arm. I woke up trying to scream my husband's name but I could find no words. I went to find my husband and made him stay in the bedroom despite his snores.

This cannot continue. I can't live like this. Any suggestions for ridding myself of this ghost would be very much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stella81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
troy,
"our only valid source for truth is the Bible"...do you agree that, even the Bible, was written by men? While I believe the word of God can be found in there... It cannot direct in what to do when our homes are infested with a human spirit. A little research will tell you what to look for in a demonic haunt. Look at those brave Priests who exorcise these creatures from people, and they will tell you, there is a diff between an evil spirit and haunting. If every haunted home was of demonic infestation, these old guys would be the busiest men on the planet, with no rest.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Hey BadJuujuu, you are right! I do get a little over zealous. Let me tone it down a few notches. 😭 I get a little passionate about it. I have had many encounters and have been exposed to many deliverance sessions of people trying to get free of demonic spirits.

Sorry!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
'Scuse me a sec Stella81.
Warrior _Troy, we understand your point of view, we get what you're saying. We all offer advice and opinions based on our personal beliefs and experiences. The thing is, all we can do is offer that advice and those opinions. We can't make a person agree with our point of view. No matter how much we repeat ourselves. Just put your thoughts out there, if the author of the story agrees with your opinion, then he or she will follow your advice. No need to keep coming back with more verses. If the author agrees, no need to beat a dead horse. If they disagree, they won't change their mind. Not trying to be mean, hope it doesn't come across that way. ❤
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
As I mentioned, our ONLY VALID source for truth is the bible. According to the Word of God, when a human soul leaves the body in death, it does not hover around aimlessly. You will either be ushered into the Presence of God, or you will descend into the lower parts of the earth which is hell.

Demons mimic the dead and can appear in different forms, sometimes as human. Their are some people who play around with demonic spirits using divination and they astral project or soul travel. Their body however is not dead or they would not be roaming around.

Here are a few references:

(Isa 14:9) Sheol (Hades, the place of the dead) below is stirred up to meet you at your coming [O tyrant Babylonian rulers]; it stirs up the shades of the dead to greet you--even all the chief ones of the earth; it raises from their thrones [in astonishment at your humbled condition] all the kings of the nations.

(Rev 20:13) And the sea delivered up the dead who were in it, death and Hades (the state of death or disembodied existence) surrendered the dead in them, and all were tried and their cases determined by what they had done [according to their motives, aims, and works].

(Rev 20:14) Then death and Hades (the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

(Rev 20:15) And if anyone's [name] was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

He that has an ear to hear let him hear.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I also disagree with the demon assessment. You would know if it was a demon and the feel of the house would be totally different. This sounds like two human ghosts. Try communicating, thought not with an oujia, because that will only let worse things in. Use voice recorders/video cameras if you want to catch a response, if not just try speaking. Sounds like the woman is very confused and the man may be as well since his life was ended so unexpectedly. Hope this helps!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I have to disagree with the demon assessment. It sounds like plain old human ghosts.
Two people with a connection to the house died suddenly. They are probably confused as to what to do now. Have you tried telling them to cross over? The woman seems to be aware of the fact that she's dead. She probably just needs a little encouragement to step into the light. Try telling them both that their time in this life is at an end, and they will find peace by crossing over.
Also, don't burn candles while you sleep. Alot of people have burned down their houses because they thought the candle was burning "safely." Light it and let it burn before bed, snuff it out when you lay down to sleep.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Our only valid source for truth is the bible to address these issues is what I meant to say. I type to fast! 😆

This comment from Warrior_Troy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: