You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Connected To The Unexpected

Real Ghost Stories

Connected To The Unexpected

 

What if a ghost story wasn't just about the spirits, but a meeting with someone who you know who has passed, the minute you lay your head to rest?

I became involved with a story of a boy who lost his life too early, yet lived his life to the fullest. The more I thought about him, the more it became real when I was by myself at night. I asked him to show me the last moments of his life, and he answered my call. I relived the shallow breathing, the sounds, the smell, the feeling. And therein we had a connection, one I could never put out of my mind.

Now, as I lay down to sleep I am brought back to the exact place he took his last breath, to the very time and place he lived his last few weeks of his life. And although we never say a word, I know exactly what he is thinking. I am conscious through all of this, and as I drift away to sleep, so do these moments we spend together.

He is happy, and although he may not have moved on... He has no regrets. He spends every day reliving the happiness he felt, and I have to wonder... Is this his heaven? Is this the place he chooses to spend his afterlife, because it is where he felt the most alive? I would like to think so. And although we no longer breathe the same air, did we miss a connection in life?

All I know is that this boy visits me every night, and I am grateful. Because when I am with him, I have no fear. The 9-5 grind is swept away along with all of the hardships of the human existence. His smile, his touch reminds me that I am also happy to be alive. And I wake up smiling, ready to face the day because I know that as I lay my head to rest, I spend my final conscious moments with him. And that my friends, is something I haven't been able to find in another individual, in a very long time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, healer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
White Buffalo, These are good questions, and I realized that not once did I attempt to talk to him after initially asking how he died. In my dreams or when awake. Over the last few weeks, I haven't had the same ability to control my dreams.

He hasn't been back to visit me and I feel a bit guilty as maybe I missed the message he was trying to send?

Any and all paranormal activity in my life has come to a halt for that matter... Maybe I was frustrated and cut myself off from it?

I know I should try an EVP, but for some reason they frighten me... Is there anyone out there who have had results from this kind of communication?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hello Healer.
I do not know HOW, but I missed your response to me. I am so sorry.
Please, no need to apologise for your writing style.
Anywho...
I believe that each person who actually has the ability to communicate (visually, verbally or telepathically) comes to it at different levels. Some people ONLY "hear" them (my daughter is now among that crowd) but can not "see" them. Some people get the whole ball of twine.
It SOUNDS like he is ALSO trying to find ways around the communication issue.
Are you able to "control" your dreams? What I mean is, are you able to think on something right before going to sleep, and then DREAM it?
If so, how about trying to think that you WILL verbalise any communication, and see where that takes you? Have YOU spoken in your dreams?
Thank you.
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
ok then, so how about you try an EVP session, ask him whas so special about this basement, does he circle one spot or what? Try and find out about any murders or suicides in your house
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Shadow Spirit: Lol, I assume they aren't going to yell at me. However in most cases they just stand there.

This boy has taken to pulling me out of sleep and pacing my basement. Following is an interesting idea, though I see flashes of them more than see them. So I am not sure how effective that would be, or how to concentrate on being able to see him for a longer period of time.

I don't feel afraid for a change, I feel a connection and a sense of peace. I do not know enough about Demons to assume it is one.
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
hi healer

For a start, a lot of people see deceased people in their dreams, this may be because:

They have recently died and you cannt stop thinking about them, making you brain show a vision of them in your dreams

A spirit can also manifest in your mind to give you important messages

And now for the communication bit

Do they walk? If so? Where? Follow them

A spirit cannot come up to you and say HI MATE WANNA COME FIND OUT LOADS OF SECRETS ABOUT THIS HOUSE, so they try to lead you and expect you to follow them. But it also helps trying to figure out what's sharing your house, if its a demon its obviously trying to get you gurt
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
In addition to this... I also think he may be the first spirit I wasn't scared to encounter.

And DCinAZ, no I have not had sleep paralysis before this boy visited me. It is so weird to be aware of everything, but not have the ability to move.

I sincerely hope your sister is okay, it must be awful to have to deal with that kind of pain daily.
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
White Buffalo: So here it is, and this is probably the first time I have admitted it out loud, other than to my mother. I see spirits all the time, not so much in a human form other than an outline. When I was 13, it terrified me and I kept shutting it out. As I grew older, and am now 30, I came to realize that what I was seeing was not just something my teen angst created.

There was definitely a question in there. When I am sleeping, I see him in human form... And it is not every night... It was for awhile it has now dwindled to one or two nights a week. Although I can tell what emotion he is experiencing, I can't actually hear him. And I feel like he is getting more frustrated with me. I have no idea how to actually HEAR him, other than I know he answered my request to show me how he had passed. Since then I have attempted to speak with him, but to know avail. How does one actually communicate other than in dreams?

SCinAZ: Insomnia, yes but only when I am pulled out of sleep. It's usually because someone is standing over me, or trying to tell me something. This incident with the boy is all very new to me. I have rarely dreamt of spirits before other than my Grandpa.

I recently saw a medium, and she told me I had an entourage of spirits that I wasn't listening to. How do you actually discover what they are trying to say?

Again I apologize for the way my story was written, it was all very real and maybe I was trying to romanticize it rather than see it for what it was? I am not sure. This is my first submission, and like I said, the first time I have actually admitted it.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Healer,
Have you ever done any self-hypnosis? I ask because this sounds very much like what my sister has done for years to control some of the pain she's been living with from her disease. When she first explained it to me I had thought that it sounded similar to meditation with a stronger, more lasting effect.
Had you ever been prone to insomnia or sleep pralysis before this encounter?
I find this very fascinating in the way that you seem to 'relive' this scenario nightly.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
The words outweigh the experience? No, not so much.
Let us start over, then, ok?
You say in the comment that he visits you nightly with something to say...
See, here is the thing. Do you wish to KNOW what the message is? The sound of the story is just that you share an existence, and it gives you both great peace.
You picked the slide out "I won't participate in the discussion". Please do not take this wrong, I would really like to know, did you wish to just "share" this with us, or is there a question in here?
Thank you.
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
I haven't had a chance to get back to the site until today, I wasn't even aware it was published.

I respect your comments and opinions, as there will always be another side. But this is completely true, every night I am visited by this boy who is trying to tell me something. I wake up to him shaking me at times, sleep paralisis and watch him pace around my basement.

I am an english major so I agree, the words probably outweigh what I was trying to say. However the underlying story was true.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Nice story, well written. It just doesn't belong on this site.
Zilla (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
I knew this was fake after the first sentence. Nice story though.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Healer - you know, it's pretty much a dead giveaway that a story is "unreal," in my opinion, when someone submits a story but won't participate in the discussion.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Why is this story even on here...you're a wonderful writer, but this reminds me of a creative writing project.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Lmao, there for a second I almost thought this was a real story. Was going to recommend therapy. Nice way with words though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: