You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Projected Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Projected Lights

 

In 2007 I and my family were on vacation in the south of France. We stayed in a small apartment and we all crammed together.

Halfway through the holiday it was my turn to sleep on the sofa beds along with my mom on one and my young brother slept on a camp bed in the middle of us. When I lay down I was facing the small hallway and the bathroom was on the left hand side in the wall.

The bed was really uncomfortable and I had difficulty sleeping. I was lapsing in and out of sleep for most of the night.

I woke up and it may have been about 3am. My entire family was sleeping away peacefully.

I saw strange rays of light spread across the ceiling by the hall. I was really puzzled and thought it strange for a bathroom light to be that way. But as I lowered my blanket and strained my head upwards I saw a figure standing in the small hallway. I could not make out who it was as the entire thing was white. I assumed it was a female because I could make out curved waistline.

The more I stared at it a severe pain ran through my body and I was paralyzed. I didn't think to wake my mother. A cold sweat ran down my back and I stared at the figure and then at the strange bright white lights it seemed to project into the room.

I lay there in pain and paralyzed for what felt like hours. I am unsure when I fell asleep but I didn't wake up again until the next morning.

When I awoke my mom and my brother were awake. I got up and headed straight into the bathroom and looked around. I was confused and scared.

When my brother went in after me I went into my mom and told her what had happened. She said that it may have been my dad going to the bathroom, but after I explained the paralysis and the lights she assured me it was nothing to worry about.

It ruined the rest of the trip for me. The next night my mom put me facing the other way. I stilled feared that I would awake again, but I didn't.

I hope that some of you have answers or have experienced a similar phenomenon.

Any comments would be so helpful.

Other hauntings by eva900

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eva900, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

eva900 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
thanks guys, nobody really seems to have answers. It was terrifying. 😲
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I really don't know what to say about this experience. On the one hand it could be sleep paralysis, but on the other hand it could have been brought about by the uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. I just don't know. 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
I'm sorry I don't really have much in the way of ideas for you. Wish I did though, this sounds like a very frightening experience.
It may have been an extremely vivid nightmare brought on by uncomfortable sleeping conditions. I really just don't know. I read this story last night and I'm just as confused by it today. Hope someone here can help you make sense of this experience. ❤
eva900 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
does anybody have an comments to add or any similar experiences, I would really appriciate feedback 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: