You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Guardian Angel Is my Old Cat

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Angel Is my Old Cat

 

When I was about nine, we had to get our cat Jess put down. He had this disease where he was losing all his white bloods cells which by the way help to fight sickness and heal wounds. He got it because he was bitten by another cat. We were all really sad and after we buried him, I wished I could see him one last time. Then a few months later, I was sleeping in my mum's room because dad was working overnight. My mum was asleep but I was wide awake. I heard a purr just like Jess coming from under the bed but I didn't dare look.

Two weeks later, I was down by the garden putting daises on Jess' grave. I finished and was walking back up when I heard a meaow. I glanced over my shoulder and there, walking after me, was Jess. I wasn't sure I saw right but when I looked back, he was gone.

A week later, my auntie came to our house with a new kitten. It had black and white fur and looked JUST LIKE JESS. It was like Jess had sent him down from heaven. I immediately burst into tears. I knew then and there that Jess was up in heaven looking after me! I am 13 now and my cat Sox looks even more like Jess than ever, except for being a little smaller.

I always get the feeling Jess is watching me. At least I got my wish and I feel like with Sox it will last forever!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lucy Vella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thanks for sharing your story Lucy. First off I just want to say that I believe that Jess, might have been reicarnated into that kitten, or maybe even put that kitten in your aunt's way to give it to you. By you saying that Sox looking so much like Jess, then I bet it is Jess, not in his form but Sox's form. I know this might sound weird, but have you ever mentioned Jess's name around Sox to see how Sox acts? Maybe Sox can give you some kind of sign if he is really Jess or not. Then again Jess could have sent Sox to you to let you know that you can be happy and that he loves you.
Sorry for a long comment. 😊
*Vicki* 😊 ❤
April12345 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
What a sweet story, that disease Jess had might be FIP, on one my cats had it... I bet Sox is wonderful too!
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-17)
😊 😊

I think sox see's the spirt of Jess to because he spends hours and hours looking at the place on the living room mat where Jess used to lie lol!

LucyXX
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-14)
Yea, maybe, If you get a change read my story called, Things that go bump in the night. The first thing is about somthing that I think is my cat...But, who knows lol.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
I miss my Jess so much and also cry on his death day!

LucyXX

P.s Your old cat probably did come back but you didn't realise it!
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
Lol thanks for saying so.
=]
Maybe she did but who knows, maybe she knows I'm happy with my current cats... I still cry on her death day...
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-11)
hey BaD

I think that it really was an awsome experience! I am sure your cat did love you! Lol

LucyXX
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Thats so awsome. I wish AnnaBelle would come back. But I don't think she loved me that much lol.
Well that's just so awsome, I think when he meowed at you, he was trying to tell you he was comming back soon.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
ErinT and HollowWhisters

Thanx so much for your replies. My cat Sox does show very similar habites such and sitting on my face while I am sleeping! I love him though. He looks just like Jess!

LucyXX
ErinT (9 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
Hiya, Touching story, I have experienced simular with 2 of my cats that died. And I do believe your cats soul could re-incarnated to your kitten because the brother of one of my dead cats has started showing VERY simular characteristics to his dead sister when he was nothing like her when she was alive! Quite weird sometimes. Anyhoo I wish you all the luck with your new kitten!
HollowWhispers (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-03)
This is a wonderful story.

I am almost certain that your cat Jess has been reincarnated into Sox - it's happened before with pets that I have owned. It is a very special thing to know that your cat loved you so much to return to you and keep looking after you, even after death.

Cherish and love Sox for as long as you two have together.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-03)
Thanks samuel

I am so honored

I think it did carry on in sox

LucyXX

P.s I love this site
Samuel (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
it's possible your cat carried on it's soul to this kitten. I'd feel honored.

You'll always have a gaurdian now.

In honor, Native Spirit, Samuel.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
I am Lucy V

This is my story and I am here to participate in any questions or discussions you may have!

LucyXX

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: