You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Husband's Ghost Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Husband's Ghost Experience

 

My husband always said he didn't believe in ghost, he doesn't like to hear about it or talk about it. I always tell him that's a lie. I know he is, but he just doesn't want to show it.

One Saturday night, I believe it was around like 7 pm, the whole family were watching a film in the living room. (Myself, my husband, three daughters, the youngest still a baby). After like 30 minutes of the movie, my husband said he was feeling tired and went upstairs to bed. Our living room is just below our bedroom, so if you're upstairs, you can still hear everyone from downstairs.

After the movie was over, I went upstairs to get a blanket for my baby. On entering our bedroom I saw my husband was sleeping flat on his stomach with his legs spread apart and he was facing the wall and the room was pitch dark. I didn't turn on the lights when I went in. I was sure he heard me walking in and out.

Later that night I asked one my daughter's to go back upstairs to grab a pair of socks for my baby because her feet was cold. I told her not to switch the lights because daddy was sleeping. She quickly ran upstairs and back down again.

An hour or two later, I was feeling sleepy so I decided that it was time for bed and sent my daughters up to their rooms. After tucking my girls to bed, I went to our room. The lights were on and my husband was lying sideways facing the wall. So I asked him why was the lights on. He looked at me in a weird way and this is what he said.

Earlier when I came in the room he heard me. Then later when my daughter came in, he heard her too, but he didn't know who it was. He said he heard the door close, like the person had left, which she really did leave. Not even 5 minutes had passed since our daughter had come upstairs, my husband said he had a feeling that someone was still in the room. He thought it was me, but he wasn't sure. Remember he was still lying on his front and his legs were spread apart. He could hear the person footsteps walking slowly to the end of the bed where his feet were and sat down in between his legs. I asked him how did he know it sat down, he said because he felt the end of the bed went down as if someone set down. Then whoever sat between his legs started bouncing slowly as if it was me bouncing my baby to sleep like how I usually do.

In his head he kept thinking it has to be me just trying to make my baby go to sleep, but usually I hum or sing softly, but this person wasn't humming or sing at all and plus if it was me trying to put my baby to sleep, why wasn't my baby making any noise?...so he didn't move, he was frozen in fear. He could hear the TV on and my daughters talking, but he didn't hear my voice, so he thought it had to be me that is sitting at the end of the bed, but he was not sure so he kept listening to see if he was going hear my voice. Then he finally heard my voice telling my daughters to stop fighting, that's when he started freaking out. He hit his feet together as fast as he can to see if he could feel anyone and he didn't, so he ran to turn on the lights... He looked around the room; no one was in there with him but himself. Then he just climbed back to bed with the lights on. Then after a while I walked in and that's when he told me.

Other hauntings by maiv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maiv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

maiv (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Thank you everyone for reading my story. This is not only the first experince my husband had. There are a lot of other time, but this is the scariet one.
maiv (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
[at] dreamergal72
Thank you for reading my story. I did had ask my husband if he want us to go and look for someone who can help us find out who that thing/spirt was, but he just tells me not to worry about it. I still do until this day and do want answers. Its not just that one time, there are soo many other things that happen to him that I want answers to.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Every Year I laid down feeling my hair step on it I thought it might be the ghost cat that was not my from previous owner cause I notice claws tear the wall paper in the bathroom year ago but this cat is very friendly really like me Guess it know how I love cat so it came to my bed every few night to crawl there then sometimes step on my hair like feel pull... So that how feeling it crawl or walk on bed... Very interest story it didn't freak me out thought but Make me feel sorry of your husband that he got freak out! You can get yourself or your husband to find out who this spirit was... Good Luck and Like other poster I too want to know did he have another experience?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Good story here maiv. I've had that similar kind of experience. You can feel someone my you and breathing on your neck and stuff.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
fififromdublin (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I have felt my bed settle, as though somebody has sat on it, quite a few times in my life... I just accept it now and don't worry about it...
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Thanks for sharing! I can imagine your husband was frightened beyond imagination when he realized he was not in your company while experiencing this odd behaviour!

From your description it reminds me of an experience I had in my room at night that out of disbelief I can only put down as a waking dream. But it has always bothered me that I could feel the experience yet hear my family downstairs and see the wall and hallway shadows at the same time. Bugs the heck out of me.

Like the others, I'm curious if he has experienced anything else. Thanks again!

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
how interesting thanks for sharing maiv.
Just wondering has anything else happened in the house or was this a one off?
Carl
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Maiv--Thank you for the story. I suppose your husband has a few extra thoughts now about what he experienced. I'd only add that it will require a few more incidents (preferably when one is not trying to sleep or in a hypnogogic state) to determnine if there truly is a spirit flowing around your house. Maybe mark events on a calendar might keep track of things. ~ James
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
That is interesting. I wonder what that thing could have been. Very creepy. I think it was bouncing to try and get his attention so he would turn around to look at it
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Incredible! The best part is that he's the kind of guy who doesn't provoke, look for, or take an interest in these kinds of "weird" discussions. So it's not like he's trying to be funny or anything! Lol

I wonder what that thing was...

This world is so mysterious.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
freaky! That one totally gave me the chills. I probably would have ran downstairs if that happened to me. I chicken out sometimes but other times I surprise myself. Like when I went exploring alone in an empty hotel. And if I get up enough courage, I'm going on the door county ghost tours this year.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: