You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: They Watched Me From The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

They Watched Me From The Corner

 

From the time I was about five years old to about when I was sixteen there was a set of glowing red eyes that would watch me as I was in my bedroom at night. They were by no means restricted by the twilight however, but I'll get to that in a moment. Right now, I'll begin at the beginning.

The very first time I saw them, I wasn't afraid of them. Actually, I was more concerned with something that looked like a very large spider scuttling across the floor in front of my closet. I hated spiders back then because my big sister hated them, and even though I bore them no real grudge, I came to be very afraid of them from early on in life. I should have been more concerned with what was about to happen.

I began to scream and cry, because it was a fricken' big spider. Mom came into the bedroom and my sister came down from her top bunk (We shared a room at the time, and I got the bottom bunk only because a few nights before I threw up on my sister from the top bunk. I never ate hamburger helper AGAIN.) and they both tried to quiet and shush me. My mom squashed the spider (which made me feel bad. I didn't like things dying, even back then.) and my sister told me to shut up. I did, but I was still scared.

Then, all of a sudden after my mom shut the door and my sister went back to her top bunk. Two red, glowing orbs with stringy things at the back appeared by the door. If they were in the head of a man, I think he would be at least seven feet tall.

They hovered there for maybe ten seconds and then just sort of... Floated over to me. In the light from the closet (I slept with it on) I could see that they were actually eyeballs with the tendons or nerves or whatever coming out of the back, like they had been ripped from the sockets. They were red, though. They glowed red, and were bleeding and dripping red. God knows why they didn't frighten me. I was scared of everything back then - what little kid isn't? They lowered themselves to almost four inches away from the ground to inspect the spider that my mom had ground into the rug and then looked back up at me. I was laying on my side in the bed, staring at them wide-eyed.

I thought they were...cool. Not pretty, but interesting. And they didn't seem to want to harm me, only to comfort me. I sat up in bed, and they raised a little and I felt a slight pressure in the bed beside my feet like there was someone very skinny sitting there, someone who weighed like, barely eighty pounds. They looked at me from there, and the air grew slightly cooler. And then I heard: "Go to sleep. Go to sleep. We'll protect you. Go to sleep."

They just repeated themselves like that over and over, and it was in such a soothing voice. I laid back down, and pulled the covers up by my chin, and they shut off the light. The pressure in the bed, I remember, shifted, like they were just reaching over and flipping the switch. And the voice was definitely masculine, but very gentle. I can't quite explain it, how it made me feel when it spoke, but it was almost like it was... Enchanting me? I don't know. But the only times they spoke (I say 'they' not 'he' because for some reason it just felt like they were more than one. They shared one entity, but they were more than one.) were that first time, and the very last time I ever saw them.

After that, I began to see them randomly. Not every week or so, but erratically. I felt them watching me after that almost every night, though. I felt like they were always there to protect me and watch over me. I only had nightmares when they WEREN'T there. But to see them was a rare occasion. I think actually, the next time I saw them I was in the fourth grade, meaning I was eleven, I think. That's when I named them Fred and George. I was thinking about giving the entity a name before that second sighting, because they would do funny things for me when I was feeling scared or I wasn't able to sleep. They would tickle me, or sit down on the bed next to me. Thusly, Fred and George, from Harry Potter.

Anyway, I would never feel anything else in the room when they were there physically, but when they were...invisible, I guess?...I always saw the shadows moving in the dark, but never coming near. Things are getting a bit garbled I think, aren't they? I'm sorry; I haven't gone through these memories in a while. They scare me pretty bad nowadays. I can't believe I trusted them for even a second, and yet, aside from the very last time I saw them, they never harmed me, nor did I feel anything but protectiveness and love from them.

From the fourth grade on, though, I began to see them once every two months, like a cycle. They would just hover in the corner by the door and when I switched rooms, they followed me and hovered in the corner by the closet, and would just watch me. After a few years of this, I think I was a freshman in high school, they wouldn't touch me anymore, and half a year in they wouldn't sit on my bed anymore. They would just hover in the corner and watch.

The very last time I saw them, they were hovering in the corner, like always, but the air was different. Instead of being cool in my room (you know how I mentioned that they made the air cooler when I first met them? They would always do that. That's how I knew they were there, for the most part.) it suddenly got really hot. For some reason they were angry with me. Really, really angry. It really frightened me.

I asked them, "What's wrong?" I would talk to them generally, when I was having a bad night, because they would give me friendly, gentle little touches in answer.

This time, however, they rushed up to me and pinned me to my bed. It wasn't a 'They', this time, though. It was an 'It'. And it wasn't a man that weighed next to nothing with playful touches to comfort me, either, this thing that was on top of me felt like a beast. It was heavy and muscular.

I could feel something pushing at me, like it was attacking me. The lights turned on as soon as it touched me. I couldn't move or scream. The only things I could see were two big, red, angry orbs above me, and here or there a flash of something that I can't quite define. For some reason, it just went nuts, and grabbed me really hard, and threw my covers across the room to get at me. And it was yelling at me, but not loudly. I don't quite know how to explain that either--like it was growling at me, and being vocally vicious. What it was saying was obviously only meant for me because no one heard it except me and the dogs in my parents room.

It told me this: "You're a fool. You're helpless. You're helpless. There's nothing you can do, you can't do anything." It hit the mark really hard, because it was around that time I was thinking of suicide and beginning to cut myself. This verbal abuse went on for what seemed like ever, and all the while it was grabbing me, pulling me, and pushing me, and I think it even slapped me a few times.

I think I was finally able to move again when it began to choke me. It told me it hated me. Then it suddenly lurched off the side and through the wall (my bed was pushed against the wall so I could have my back to it and be able to watch the room. I liked to see them if I could before I went to sleep. Just for the comfort of knowing, you know?). It was like it had been either tackled or picked up and thrown. That's when I was able to sit back up again and when I did I cried. My covers were all the way across the room by the closet, and even though my window was open and it was winter, the room was still hot.

I don't know if this makes any sense. For some reason right now I'm about to cry, and I haven't thought about this for ages. I guess it just hurts. I really trusted Fred and George (Those were the names I gave them in the fourth grade) and I really loved them. They were always there for me. I don't know why they suddenly went up the wall like that.

My mom rushed into the room a little bit after the episode, when I was really starting to sob. I would never cry very loudly, but I was so scared. It was at three a.m., I think, or half-past two. But when mom got me calmed down enough to tell her what happened, she didn't believe me. I did get her to call the priest, though, but only because she said I looked terrified, and she'd never heard me cry like that before. The priest didn't really do anything. He didn't even come over to the house. Looking back on it though, I guess I can see why someone would disbelieve something like this.

I guess I just wrote this by way of introduction. Just a little bit of background on me. They were a big part of my life, I mean, Hell, they followed me to school once or twice when I was having a bad time!

If you'd like to comment, please feel free. Some things I'd love theories on: Why they went berserk, what were they, and why did things leave me alone when they were there?

Other hauntings by epic_fail

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, epic_fail, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
ishkabibble: Nope, I'm not suicidal anymore.Haven't been for a while. And thank you for the theory! It'll help me put things into perspective for Friend and George.
ishkabibble (2 stories) (9 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Dear Epic_Fail,
I think that Fred and George WERE good guardians (I wish I had a set of eyes for me!) But maybe a complete different entity stepped in and slowly posessed the good entity, but the part where they dashed out of the room must have been the good entity's action. I hope that now you don't have thoughts of suicide, and I hope you feel better. I have tried my best with the situation. ❤
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Shlain: nope, not since then. That was the last time I saw them. A lot of people have been saying that, it seems that everyone's split almost down the board. Some think they were evil from the beginning and biding their time, others think what you think.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
What a strange story! Glowing eyeballs? Haha!

I suppose, considering that you were young, that maybe "Fred & George" appeared to you as eyeballs because they knew you wouldn't freak out. I myself was the kind of girl that always loved anything weird and gross when I was young. Eyeballs would have been so cool. The important thing is that you felt comfortable. They knew that. And they didn't intend harm.

I do not think the violent entity was them. As you said yourself, you were going through a tough time in your life and negative energies are drawn to negative feelings.

This "Thing" obviously immitated Fred and George because it knew you trusted them. It knew you would allow Fred and George close to you psychically. So it took advantage of that and pretended to be them and get closer. Has something like this happened again?
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Dan: Yup! I'm good like that, lol!

UnderTheFear: That is a good theory, and several others have also brought it up, so I'm thinking that may be a good possibility. I was going through sort a rough patch both before and after the attack, but I'm okay now if that's what you're referring to. At this point the story takes place five years ago, and now I'm ready to delve deeper and find out (if at all possible) what really happened that night. I want to know.

Thank you guys for all of your theories. I really appreciate them, they've brought me that much closer to understanding what happened back then.
UnderTheFear (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
You stated that when this entity attacked you, it wasn't "they attacked me" it was "it attacked me". Maybe this was not really Fred and George, but something else. Or maybe you are right, since you said the two red orbs were on top of you. Either way, don't think about it, it's obviouslly causing you some bad times.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
epic_fail: Hahaha yep that very true you know me to well lol! 😁
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Dan: lol, everyone stole your thoughts straight from your head! You were thinking them too loudly I guess.
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
LouSlips: I can't remember anything innapropriate. I'm thinking back, but I just can't recall much of anything exceppt what I've recounted in the story. I remember they were always very gentle and friendly and nice. I also remember that I loved them very much, and I trusted them completely, but there was nothing romantic. It was like they were my dearest friends in the world.

Does that help any?

Tamz89: that's a good theory. I hadn't thought about that before.

All: sorry it took me so long to resppond to you folks. Thank you for your theories, I really appreciate them!
Im very happy you have a renewed zeal for life, though, I'm happy that you found out before it was too late how much you wanted to live!

Baccheagrl: I don't think it was a false sense of security. They were very kind to me up until when I was attacked.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Grrr everything I wanted to say has been snapped up and eaten like normal, lol thanks guys and girls you know who you are! Lol 😆 ❤
Agreeing with posters before I believe that this wasn't Fred or George you experienced, this was something negative that was attracted to you because of your emotions, negative feelings and thoughts happening in your life at the time. Although the points also brought up about it actually being the same entity could also be the case as it was trying to scare you into not going down that path. In the end it comes down to what you feel it was!

I hope everything is well with you now and your thoughts, feelings and emotions are in a much brighter place. 😁

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
EEP! Floating eyes! That is one of the most interesting sightings I've ever heard of! And how it lulled you into a false sense of security before attacking you, that's nutty! I think I would find floating eyes very intruiging at first as well. The fact that they were red, makes it pretty scary. I know I'm echoing many sentiments already posted here; but I hope you're okay. I hope you got the professional help you needed, I hope suicide never swirls around in your mind again. Your story was very interesting, and I felt I just had to say so.
tamz89 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Hi Epic,
Thanks for sharing your story. To be honest, I don't know how I would have reacted seeing a pair of bloody red eyeballs floating towards me while I'm in bed. I'd probably crap myself.
Just my personal opinion, but I agree with Otteer. You described it as being thrown/pushed back from you. Like something else was there and defended you. Could be that you're dealing with two separate entities. Maybe the malevolent entity took the form of the benevolent one, because it knew that you felt safe with it and it could get close enough to attack. Just a thought.
I'm also glad that you have overcome the "bad thoughts". I once tried to commit suicide by taking pills, and as I felt myself "dozing off" so to speak, the only thing I could think about was how much I wanted to live. Luckily, I hadn't taken enough to cause any damage, and this "near death" experience was enough to wake me up to how much there is in life to live for.
*Oh and by the way, 10 points for naming them Fred and George! Harry Potter is frickin' awesome! Looking forward to the final film in July!
Keep safe and good luck!
Tam
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
epic (you're no failure),

I will keep this particular line of inquiry brief, because I hate to even ask it. Was there ever anything "inappropriate" about Fred and George, that you can recall? You always felt there was a "they"...could one have been good and one evil?

The last thing I wanted to do was travel down this route and attract inappropriate posts, but many predators lose interest in their victims when they begin to mature, and have an outward anger of the adult version of the gender they victimize; or a need to bury their past activity by eliminating the witness.

I want to be wrong.

Lou
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Okay...*takes a breath* (there is a condensed general reply down at the bottom of this monster, lol. I did reply to you folks individually, I'm just letting you know about the soupcan verson.)

BJJ: One of my friends said the same thing, and I see a lot of comments here are saying that general thing: they were protecting me from myself.

Brier: lol, you're right. If they were there to protect me, letting me die wouldn't be good.

Zzsgranny: you did? I hope you're okay now, and I'm happy you had something watching over you.
Do you really think that that moment when they jumped on me though was their sole purpose for staying with me?

Thereisnospoon: thank you for deciding to trust me on this. A demon was a possibility I had considered after the incident, but honestly I didn't want to think about it too much because it may have been true. Now that I finally want an answer for this, demonic activity is something I'm going to have to consider. Thank you for your theory.

Otteer: so the reason I felt two was because there was two. When I only felt one when it attacked me, its because one that I felt was acting on its own.
I have not felt them since that final encounter, and that was almost five years ago, now. I'm 21 now, and the depression kind of... I guess petered itself out? I haven't been that depressed for a long time.
I have been having a string of bad luck, though. Its unusual for me because I'm a marginally lucky person. I usually miss the bad things by an inch. The two probably aren't related, but when I almost got out into a car accident the other night I felt this overwhelming suspicion that it was purposly caused because of a twinge of... Dissappointment that I felt in the air immediately after. I usually thank whatever goodly omniscience got me out of a jam, but this time I couldn't bring myself to do it. Its probably just nothing, but the seiries of bad things has been rapidly increasing.

Taz890: I like the way you melded all the theories together, lol! It does make sense, though, if the demon that attacked me was the reason they were there in the first place.

Lynrinth: its a possibility. I know its the most logical thing to assume, actually, but they were so kind to me for all those years. Its very painful to think of them as trickster demons. I may have to get used to it, though. Thank you for your theory.

Fuzzykangals: no, I haven't seen them since that episode.

Okay! I've answered you all individually, now for a possibly easier to understand, more condensed soup version:
I am okay. I haven't seen or felt these things since that episode five years ago when I was sixteen, and the suicidal thoughts have passed.
I accept that Fred and George may have been demonic, but its not my favorite theory (for obvious reasons, haha.) The guardians theory does seem to fit more of the bill, since they were protective and it explains the feeling of the thing being thrown off of me. There was a theory by otteer that stated that there may have been two entities all along, and that one was protecting me from the other.
I just wish I had more to go on! I took pictures one night about six years ago, and then the camera went missing. XP what luck.
Thank you all for your comments, theories, and support! I hope this isn't too long, and I hope it covers everything.
fuzzykangals (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Hey I am from Wisconsin too! Are they still bothering you? I think you might have demons and I am not the person who says everything is demonic. Demons play with your emotions. They make friends with you and then they tear you down. Its just what they do.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Wow, what a tale. Maybe... My theory of course, could these spirits just pretend to be friendly while you were young enticing you to 'trust' them, in a way. But as you got older, and stronger, they turned on you. Showing their true nature, malevolent. Maybe they don't have the sway over you like they used to... Or now after tricking you for so many years, they could now do what negative spirits do, torment. Either way, I don't think they were ever your 'friends'. But who knows really? But I take it you are okay? Hopefully, your 'friends' are gone. Peace be with you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
hi epic_fail interesting story thanks for shearing.
Now I'm going to mix up a few comments here together,
I do think they were a guardian (granny XX)
There to help you and protect you (badjuujuu xx)
But the thing that attacked you was not fred and george but another entity all together!
(otteer 😉)
And I do think that fred and george were there to help you when this thing attacked, it could have been there a long time.
I know thoughts of suicide do not just pop into your head one day they come through slowly, firstly your just down all the time, then life seams to be all up hill and not getting any easyer, then you start to think "stuff it what's the point of carrying on?"

I do think this unknown entity could have been feeding you these thoughts and fred and george were there to protect you.

Ok bit long but hope I got my thoughts across without boaring you too much 😆

I hope you have gotten over the suicide thoughts too think of the ones who will be left behind.

Carl
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
otteer: BadJuuJuu always has the best "crack pot theories"! 😊...I aspire to have just a little of her insight 😊 ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
(at) zzs granny... Lol "crock pot theory". Hmmm. Read your thoughts after I posted, good points.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Hello, thanks for sharing your story.

Something you said got my attention which leads me to think something was different with this attack,"it lurched off to the side like it was being tackled or thrown." Plus, it heralded itself with heat, not coolness as the others had done.

Is it possible that you are dealing with a set of entities? Your "eyes" friends maybe have been backing off from you physically as you entered puberty, as you became able to take care of yourself. Then comes the other one.

Is it possible the second one was influencing your thoughts, possibly pushing you towards suicide, mimicking the "eyes" in form? Maybe this attack was a way to push you over the edge as it felt the others were coming back to help? Maybe that was the explaination for the feeling of it being shoved off you, your guardians may have come back to help you. Have you had an attack since or felt the heat presence? If so, please, get a priest to your home so you and it can be blessed, that is what I would recommend.

It sounds like you have overcome the depression and are no longer cutting. If that is the case, all is good. God dosnt make mistakes when he creates, to him you are most beautiful and deserving of a happy life. If you are still depressed, remember that, reach out, use his tools and get some help so you can live the life he wants you too. Please keep us updated ❤ ❤
Thereisnospoon (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
That must've been a really terrifying experience. To me, being not so sensitive to the paranormal (except having a couple of sleep paralysis experiences), for a moment, your story seemed too much to be true. But on a second thought, I decided to just trust you.

I'm taking a long shot, but it's possible. It could be a demon."but it was almost like it was... Enchanting me?", you said. It was 'enchanting' you or maybe manipulating you? Just a possibility.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
epic_fail: I feel this entity was/is a guardian... I think it sensed the suicidal tendency from the very begining, and since "time" is probably not realized in the same sense by this being as we do, it was waiting for the negative thoughts to stir in you... In other words, it's sole purpose was to keep you from harming yourself... Seems like the measures it took were drastic, but it snapped you out of it, right?...Just my "crack pot theory" of the day (thx BJJ)

I found this account particularly interesting, as after the death of my daughter's father I had a recurring dream about being watched by a set of eyes... No other features could be seen, just the eyes... I finally wrote a poem, and in essence, told the eyes that I was okay now, and to please leave me be...Haven't had the dream since...

Hope to hear others' points of view on this... ❤
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
it seems like they...it...was trying to scare you into living. After having watched over you for several years, it wouldn't be very productive to let you commit suicide.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Good morning epic_fail.
Unusual situation you describe here. I don't know what these eyes were, but I have a thought on why they suddenly turned violent.
You describe them as peaceful and protecting up until you started considering suicide and cutting yourself. It was only after the suicidal thoughts they turned malevolent. I think they were attempting to show you the value of life by scaring you to death. This was the last time you saw these eyes? After the attack, how did you feel about suicide? I hope you are no longer considering it. There is good and bad in life, without the bad we can't see the true value of the good. Since you're still here, I'm going to assume you have embraced life for all it's good and bad.
Hopefully you can get some more ideas on all this. There are some really amazing people here who can help untangle this event and give you closure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: