You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: A Shadow In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow In The Corner

 

A while ago I had a mischievous spirit. Maybe it could be considered a poltergeist. That situation has long since been dealt with, but now I have a new one. There is a shadow man who resides in the corners of my family's house.

I've never seen him full on, I've only ever seen him in the corner of my eye. Most times when I do catch him, he runs. He usually comes back though.

I first started noticing this about two weeks ago. At first I assumed I was just tired and seeing things (I do have finals coming up soon). But then I started noticing it more often, and so had my mum. Actually, she was the one who confirmed it for me when she asked if I had been noticing the same thing. That was a bit of a relief, at least now I knew I wasn't losing it!

I'm not really sure what to make of this situation. He hasn't done anything bad, if anything it just seems that he's curious, perhaps a bit lonely. I can't say for certain, he's only talked one time and that was after I took a tumble down a set of stairs in my house, and it was only a few seconds after I had landed. All I heard was, "are you okay?" Not sure how to describe his voice. It was kind of like a passing breeze. Very soft, and very faint.

Aside from that, he doesn't do much. Occasionally opens and closes a door, and just stands in the corner of rooms. He likes the downstairs laundry room, as that's where I've seen him the most. Actually, as I write this now I can tell he's in the corner of the living room.

One small note, my cat doesn't seem to bothered by him. The last spirit in my house went after my cat, and she was always on guard at that time. This time she doesn't seem to care. She'll stare at the corner for a little while, then go back to doing whatever she was previously doing. So, I guess that's a good thing.

Other hauntings by NightlyEclipse

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightlyEclipse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Nightly, I've just come across your story and wanted to pass along something related to beings in the corners. When I was 2-3 years old, my mom says I always pointed at the person in the corner. When she vacuumed by the corner I would get hysterical that she was going to hurt him.

Interesting that your shadow man is in the corner.
saxichan_2002 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-18)
We have one like that in our bathroom. He just stays in the corner in the shower as far as I can tell most of the time. One time, when I first noticed him (or maybe another one of them) he (or possibly a different one) tried to jump me/scare me (it was scary - felt very negative energy attacking me). That is the only time I saw him in a human shaped shadow form (otherwise he's usually just a tiny bit of shadow - not formed). I screamed at the shadow person because it scared me (unexpected), stood my ground and basically threw angry energy at him that "this is my home, I have a sovereign right to be here - back off" and he's not given me any trouble since that I am aware of. Our outside lab dog won't go in there for long and looks at him so I think she is a little scared of him. She doesn't "run off" but she'll look at him and seems to rather be somewhere else rather than where he is. I don't notice him go anywhere else in the house. I also feel he is lonely and just curious. I do not feel ours is a kind one but maybe someone stuck that was hoping to scare me off and has maybe accepted we are here. He almost seems scared (so maybe I scared him?) Every once in a while I will see him or sense him near the wall as I get ready to exit the bathroom and it'll startle me a little. I'm not sure if that is his intention because it only happens occasionally. Just noticed you had a so to speak "similar" experience in the "quiet guest" in your home at any rate.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-08)
Sounds like you have a decent house guest:-) I agree with others that he doesn't seem to mean any harm. Since he seems capable of speaking, perhaps an EVP session could be enlightening? How long have you lived in the home? Do you know the history of the property? As Jubeele mentioned, it could be a transient spirit or recently deceased loved one or it could be that this is the anniversary of some significant happening that has stirred up the energy so to speak. Depending on the age of the home or any former residence that once stood in that location, perhaps someone who once loved the spot very much recently passed and wound up returning there. Or perhaps this is a member of the elusive ranks of 'Shadow People' a class all their own. I recommend research to see what sort of possibilities you can uncover about your friendly stranger ❤
KatelynC (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
not to sound creepy but it would be awesome to have a ghost like that in my house...
So caring 😊
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-25)
Hi Nightly, from what you've described, I don't get the sense that your shadow man means any harm. He also seems to be concerned about your well-being, which is nice. It's interesting that your mum saw him too. Perhaps the both of you should combine notes in a little journal as to how and when you see or hear him?

Since it's a fairly recent appearance, has there been any passings in the family or anyone close that you can think of? Perhaps a relative or family friend dropping by to check in on you?

I've also heard of others having the occasional "transient" spirit visiting for a while too. Usually it's someone who had a accident somewhere in the vicinity but is just not ready to move on.

I would trust your cat's reaction from your past experiences. She'd noticed him, but doesn't "see" him as being a threat. If you wish, maybe you and your mum can set some basic rules for peaceful co-existence, e.g. He's welcome to stay as long as he continues to "behaves".

Take care. Have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: