You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Disturbed Nan?

Real Ghost Stories

Disturbed Nan?

 

Im only 13, but I've experienced quite a lot already... But for this story we're going back to when I was 12, and it was the first and only time I saw a ghost.

I live in Wales and was at my friend Chloes house. It was about 11am.

Me and my friend Chloe are both interested in ghosts and spirits and these sort of things. And even though being aware their fake, we thought we'd try an online ouija board before trying a real one, to be aware of the things that you have to do.

We asked for its name. It replied 'Nora' and Chloe said to me, 'thats my nans name.'

We asked where she's from. She replied 'Dublin' and Chloe starting to get scared, said my nans from Dublin...'

We asked how old she was when she died. She replied '84' and that's where Chloe asked me to turn it off as this was also her nans death age.

But I carried on, and asked things that may relate to the few things I knew about her nan. She'd also died in her sleep from old age, and I decided to turn it off as it was all getting a bit too much.

We slept downstairs on the sofas that night. Chloe one end of the room on one sofa, me on the other on the other sofa. We started talking about what had happened, and Chloe was uncomfortable to talk about it.

It was about 1 in the morning. We were on our laptops, when I went to turn around and tell Chloe something, and saw an old woman stood about a meter forward from Chloe's feet. She was pale, average height, dressed in a long sleeved, long dark dress. Her hands were slightly from her side and her face plain. I straight away, very shaken up looked at my laptop, but I had this feeling like someone was watching me, so I turned the laptop off and faced towards the back of the sofa and cried myself to sleep, thinking could have we disturbed Chloe's nan?

Morning came, I was awake before Chloe. Her Mum came downstairs and came and sat on Chloe's sofa, and Chloe woke up. Her Mum took one look at me, while I was still shaken up and had mascara lines down my face. She asked me if I wanted to tell her what happened and I replied no. She asked me if I wanted to tell her in private and I said yes.

We went upstairs and I told her what had happened. She said to me she'd had noises and orbs in pictures upstairs but never downstairs. And comforted me and took me home and promised she wouldn't tell Chloe.

About 2 weeks later I went to Chloe's house again. But I didn't want to sleep. Me and Chloe were messing around taking pictures in the mirror in her living room. In the reflection you could see the area I saw the ghost. And in one of the photos there was a dark blur in the area and surrounding me. I started shaking and told Chloe what happened.

Now every time I go to her house, something similar happens, and has happened even when I'm not there. Have we disturbed her nan?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ljaneee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Do you know for sure that it was Chloe's Nan that you had seen?
Another lesson learnt from the old Ouija Board, those things arent toys. If things like that continue to happen within the home you may have let somthing in possibly because of the Ouija. Is it just you who experiences these occurences? A look at the photo would be great aswell.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
it is semi unlikely but you can leach insane amounts of info off the internet as soon as you connect to a site is can get all the info from your ISP such as name on the acct and location it would be fairly easy for the site to search public records for info and any recent family deaths and simple respond accordingly. Not saying this is for sure the case however you can't trust anything online. (don't worry the irony has not escaped me) This doesn't explain what you saw however for loved ones to look in on their families is pretty common I don't think it's anything you should be to worried about. Chloe grandma may have know Chloe was thinking of her and just stopped by to check up on her.
ouijalad (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
ive heard this to be quite common, I have never seen a ghost but my 3 year old son has, like baccchaegrl said, a picture would be great
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I guess I'll just be the first to say it. Do you happen to have a copy of this picture that you could share with us?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: