You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sensitivity Of A Child

Real Ghost Stories

Sensitivity Of A Child

 

It just turned Halloween this 2011 and I just found out that there's this kind of site which shares real supernatural stories mostly in the Philippines and the way each story I read encourages to share my story too. I have lots to share but I'll make it step by step starting from my first time.

So here goes. I live in a city located in the northern part of Mindanao. Way back in the 90's, our house was made of wood (maybe from Narra tree because of its strength), 2 floors and is located right in front of the road where jeepneys pass by. My grandmother said that the house was too old that their parents also lived in that house, note that my grandmother was in her 70's that time. We were kind of a late bloomer because our neighbours houses are made of concrete painted well and have colours. Unlike ours that stayed old school. I grew up like an ignorant kid, my parents didn't expose me that much to the real world, the meaning behind metaphors and things that arouses my fears (like I didn't know what 'fraternity' means until I was 2nd year high school). Anyway, in the first floor is where the kitchen is then the dining room, in the dining room there is a door that leads outside. Outside it is where the pig and pigpens are (family business). Next to the dining room is the living room and there's also a door that leads outside opposite to the other one. Outside is the garden. On the second, when you reach the top stair, is a bedroom. Go left then go right is another bedroom. From the stairs, go right and another right is where our room is. I know it's kind of complicated but there are many of us in the house. That time, 3 or 4 family would stay in the house. It's because my father has 7 sisters and 2 brothers, so that makes 10 of them and my other aunts just live 2 blocks away from the house. I know you're bored reading this so I'll go to the interesting one.

It was night and everybody in the house was asleep. I woke up, like I usually do, to pee. And right outside my room is an 'arinola' (something like a pot where I pee during night time because our comfort room is located outside the house and it's a long walk). Right where the 'arinola' is are windows where you can see the road and the pigpens and the mango tree. It just so happen that every night I pee, I see this lady sitting near the mango tree. Sometimes, near the pigpens or almost near the house of our neighbour. Being ignorant of what or who they are, I didn't mind and just tell my mother about that woman the next morning. My mother just asks me what she was doing and I answered just standing or sitting. I didn't know that everybody in the house also saw that woman at times until I was older. There was just this one time when I forgot to wash the 'arinola' and I left it in the comfort room. And because one night I really had to go, I went out the door in the living room that leads outside. As I was relieving myself, she was there. Right beside the orchids of my aunt. I didn't know it was scary so I didn't mind but I couldn't forget her face. She was beautiful. Hazel eyes, pointed nose, fair complexion and long black hair. She was wearing a dress that's like a 'carinosa', those dresses which have bumps on the shoulders.

The only sad thing about it is when I had the knowledge about ghosts and spirits, I never saw since then.

I know my story was quite boring but I'll be telling more of my experiences next time.

Thank you for this encouraging site (whoever started this).

Other hauntings by MuFox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MuFox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-13)
Your opinions and differences have a point. These kind of incidents does have explanations why such occurs.
But maybe I was too pure back then to see her or maybe I am meant to see her because until now when I go back to our house, sometimes, she's still there standing or sitting.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
I don't think innocence has anything to do with it. Innocence is a social concept not a real state of being. And though I think society plays a role, I believe it is our minds & how they have evolved that is the real root of why we see & don't see. I think as children grow & learn that some things are "make believe" their conscious mind starts to filter those things out & they are no longer processed. Much like an optical illusion, the mind looks past & refuses to see what is right in front of the eyes. In societies where it is acceptable to believe in certain supernatural things you will find that sightings by adults are far more numerous, but then everything tends to get interpreted within the acceptable boundaries.

In a way that is our ego, defending us from what is not socially acceptable, but on the otherhand it is simply accepting the truth that things are not always what they seem, which is a needed survival skill. And some of what we learn from society, empathy for example, can help us better understand things if we allow ourselves to see them. I doubt it is as much society hampering us as our own overevolved sense of self & survival (which pushes us to be on top in some way).
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
reptilian: My thoughts exactly! 😁...One needs to find the balance between the super ego, ego and the id... 😊
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
yeah, that's what I thought.
But as I grew up, sometimes, I see those "beings". 😊
reptilian (45 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Children are sensitive because we are all perfect, we all have within us the highest form of existance. However as we grow older we gather a whole lot of other rubbish we do not need, we end up being polluted by society. Jealousy, resentment, the desire to be accepted and be better than others (the ego). We learn these things at a very young age.
Children who have not yet been too extensively ruined by other human beings are better able to percieve some parts of our world.
However as an adult, if you are able to see past the ego and the illusion of self, or at least be aware of it, then not only can you see far more than children, but you will have the wisdom to understand what you are looking at. When one reaches this state then seeing spirits, nature beings, "mythical" creatures etc is part of daily life.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
They say that a child is sensitive to these beings (able to see, hear, etc.)
Maybe because of the innocence.
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Great story, still a little confused about the title though, maybe I missed something... 😕
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
She wasn't all solid. All that could be seen is her head, arms, body until thighs and everything that could be seen is blurry.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
Forgive me but if she looks solid, and you're not just sensing her but seeing her plain as day, then how do you know she's not just a drug addict or a person with a mental problem?
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
I mean her skin color is like of us Filipinos.
When I understood of such beings exist, I knew she was a ghost because of her unusual time appearance which is every night outside of the house. Thinking who would stay outside of the house during wee hours.
My grandmother told me they were our relatives who stayed in the house when they were still alive.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
When you say "fair complexion" do you mean caucasion? Or fair for her people?
What makes you think she was a ghost? What was it about her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: