You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Freaky Life 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Freaky Life 2

 

A few years ago, in my last year in high school, I saw this very cute guy standing with his friends. Two days later, he asked me to the matric dance, and I was happy to go! He seemed a little weird, but actually I liked it. After the first date, we began to see each other every day. I was head over heels about Troy (his name was changed to protect the innocent). My mother and father did not like him. My mother told me not to see him, because she could sense he's bad news. Well, the more my mother told me to leave him, the more I liked him (does it always work this way he?). He always wore black from head to toe, black jeans, long black jackets, long Doc Martin boots, etc. But to me he was soooo good looking, I did not even noticed.

One day he came to me in a state, telling me one of his best friends just killed his stepmother and half-sister. He said the reason why he did it is because 'the devil' told him to do it... Then Troy told me that he and this friend used to listen to music like Iron Maiden and Poison, etc. It was a bit creepy, but I just let it go, I was so in love. Then the strangest things started to happen...

One evening I was visiting him at his mother's house. We sat in his room watching TV. Next to me, on the bedside table, was one of those little night lamps with the little switch hanging from it. All of a sudden this switch started to swing, as if something invisible was tapping it with its finger. I was stunned and me and Troy looked at each other with very big eyes, because this switch was swinging wildly next to us. We left his room in a hurry, calling his mother. We looked under the bed, but of course there was nothing there (that we could see). Then things started to get really freaky from that day on.

Troy often got very very mad, and then he would pick me up by my neck so that my feet would leave the ground, and then push me against a wall. His eyes would become reddish and he would speak in a very low voice saying 'you must not... With 'us', because 'we' are many! Of course I would fight back; I would not let anyone do this to me. Every time this episode finished he would be very sorry, telling me that he could not help it, and that it was not 'him' doing this stuff and that I must be very careful if he becomes like this... Every time I slept over, I had the freakiest dreams of things banging against the door, and when I wake up, there was nothing. I also heard voices. This very deep male voice would always call me by my name, nothing else.

One day I was outside in my backyard. Through the bathroom window this voice called my name very loud; I can assure you I was not dreaming this. I thought that it perhaps was my brother calling me, and I ran to the bathroom, but there was no one! My mom and dad were in the living room watching TV - no one else was in the house. Then I began to see a hand with a black glove.

One day I was busy dancing by myself, listening to old records on a record player. All of a sudden I could see this hand with a black glove on the record, turning round and round. When I looked again, it was gone!

One morning I woke very early from my dad's clock radio going off. My bed was next to my window. When I reached for the lamp switch, a hand with a black glove came through my window and grabbed me by my neck, starting to choke me. I could not scream. All of a sudden I was still lying in my bed; the hand was gone, as if nothing happened. As if everything was just a very bad nightmare. I am still not so sure...

I would also get weird dreams that Troy would walk into my bedroom, waking me up, telling me "Wakey wakey, sleepy head!' And then it would really happen.

One day me and Troy went for a ride on his motorbike. We stopped at a red traffic light.

When the light switched to green again, I had the weirdest feeling I ever had. It was as if everything and everyone just froze. For a few seconds no one moved, no one at the traffic lights moved, not even the people on the pavement, not a tree moved in the wind, and everything was just silent. And then, all of a sudden, everything and everyone came back to life again. I asked Troy if he noticed it too, and he said yes, everything was frozen for a while...

One day we were sitting on my bed, talking about something. All of a sudden an invisible hand slapped Troy's hair from one side to the other! I could see the hand moving before my face and then it was gone. It was like see-through liquid in the form of a hand.

This freaked us out! Troy was white in his face of shock. I saw it a blessing in disguise the day I met someone else, and he moved away.

Never again do I want to live through something like that again!

Other hauntings by anneke8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anneke8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MaryBernadette (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Hi Anneke

I came across your story quite by accident but I wanted to tell you that my grandfather built Ryan Place and his two spinster daughters used to live there.
I have a photograph of Ryan Place when I took my dad to visit there some years ago. He grew up in the /plot alongside - it seems like it was a small holding or something. I know very little about the goings on in the family so cannot suggest where these troubled spirits and memories are coming from. But perhaps others can add to the story.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
I Listen to Heavy metal music but it's had nothing to do with music that are evil or whatever you call but it's not I like heavy metal music even I don't listen to soft music it just bored and only thing that some men like to beat women/ children is demon/devil abuse is no no glad that it better off with you with out him some men can be lies say I am change man now but that can lies just like my ex boyfriend.
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Yes, I agree with a former poster- It does sound as though he was just a creep that used "possession" as an excuse to be a creep. After that wore thin he'd probably start blaming you. Glad you kicked him to the curb!
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Fergie
I am glad you don't let anyone mess with you 😁
I once kicked him in a very tender place, don't you worry. 😆 ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hi Anneke, Ja nee, it surely isn't me that's creepy? He he... 🤔 I certainly hope not.
So glad that you made a better choice this time. I would have hit him some place more tender! I can be a violent 'ou tannie' if sorely pressed. (My hubby can testify to that!)
Experience can be a great teacher! ❤
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Fergie, weer ek. Shoe, something is going on here.
When I looked at the second last comment I made, I clearly saw "Much better choice THAN YOU!'
I looked a second time as well, and still saw it like that! After I posted the last one, I see it WAS the correct comment I gave! Creepy from my point of view... 😨
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Fergie, flip, don't know how my last comment came out! I did not meant 'better choice made than YOU!'
I guess there is a ghost here that would like to cause some ^%%* [at] ! 😆
I meant, MUCH BETTER COICE MADE THE NEXT TIME, THANK YOU!'
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hi Fergie
Much better choice made thank you! 😊
He never hit me, though, he only pick me up by my neck and banged me to the wall a couple a times, but not without consequenses, once I hit him so hard in the stomach, he fell to the floor and then I left him.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Hi Anneke, luister na die ou tannie nou. Heavy metal is not bad for you; heavy hands are! No matter what music you listen to never, NEVER, let a man hit you! Remember, we have a policy here in South Africa!
I hope you had a better choice in men, the next time around? 🤔 😉 😊
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Couldnt have said it better myself Moongrim!

Anneke, you said in your comments that "Troy" has changed his ways since then and I certainly hope so. There are plenty of people out there who wear black and listen to heavy metal music but certainly don't use their choice of music or lifestyle as an excuse for bad behaviour.
Thanks for sharing your story.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Troy went overseas and is living there now. But he changed his ways since then.
This things realy happened. This guy had 'bad things' with him, that followed him around wherever he went.
Sometimes the 'bad things' was left behind in places he went to. He and his friend not only listened to (mostly) heavy metal music, they also played with ohija boards, etc. It was not Troy that caused this things to happen, it was a very darker entity. After he left, there was still strange things, like a tapping in my closet, and when I go to check, there's nothing there. This happened often, until I moved away. And White Wolf, this thing said my name, not HIS name. Things still touch me though, I just do not see it, just feel it.
pokemonninjanerd (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
I would like to believe you, I really would. This just sounds like some guy's excuse to be mean. There are too many holes in the story. This sounds like my ex boyfriends he blames his temper on him being a wolf. Its just an excuse to be mean and controlling. I'm sorry but there isn't any concrete evidence there for me to believe this story is true.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
This story is too fake in all of my experiences with a demonic entity it has never said its name this story sounds like your imagination going wild.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Uh-oh I listened to Iron Maiden & Poison (really Poison?) as a teen! Seriously though, I am curious how his friend losing his mind & killing his family ties into the story? Do you think that it happened because of the friends association with "Troy"? It seems you think the freaky things that happened to you were the result of your relationship. Did it all stop when you broke it off with him? Do you know what ever happened to "Troy"?
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I totally agree with Moongrim! My personal opinion is that he needed an excuse to be the way that he was and a few things here and there may have happened but I think this was more of an attention thing, granted things may have happened to you but you could have been so freaked out by what had happened with his friend that stress can trigger weird things with the brain, but it you do have more please share!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Well, the more my mother told me to leave him, the more I liked him (does it always work this way he?).

Unfortunately- yes, it does happen. All Too Darned Often...It's called the Romeo and Juliet effect, from the Shakespeare play.

Http://www.media-studies.ca/articles/influence_ch6.htm

Tell me please that you've learned your lesson concerning men and bad boys...? Never never NEVER accept a guy who hits you!

Cause if he can hit you, he's going to hit the kids.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: