You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Possession, Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Possession, Or Something Else?

 

My mum always used to give me and my brother lectures to never use a Ouija Board, for a very good reason indeed. A couple of months ago my mum and dad went out to a party at a friends house, and me and my brother being curious decided it was a good time to use the Ouija Board since my mum and dad would be gone for another few hours.

We went into the cupboard where all the board games where, and there it was. We took it out, but definitely didn't want to have a bad experience so we turned on the computer and looked up how to protect ourselves. We went into the living room and put the Ouija Board onto the floor, and protected ourselves by putting a ring of salt around us and turned the lights off, and lit some candles and decided that it was my brother that was going to ask all the questions as to not confused the spirit and make it angry or something.

I remember it said on the computer to write down the answers in case you didn't get it because the planchette moved too quick. We sat inside the circle of salt and started, here is the conversation:

My Brother: Is there a spirit with us?

Spirit: Yes

My Brother: What is your name?

Spirit: Charlie

My Brother: Do you come from the sun or moon?

Charlie moved the pointer to the moon and me and my brother looked at each other, but we didn't make much of it because we where protected by the salt and the candles, and my brother decided to ask it the worst question.

My Brother: Can you make your presence known?

Charlie: Camera

We decided I would go and get the camera which was in the kitchen on a shelf (This was stupid because I would have to leave the circle of salt). My brother told me to be quick as he would get freaked out on his own even though he is a pretty tough 15 year old! I don't remember anything after this except waking up the next morning, here is what my brother said happened.

I walked into the kitchen which is right by the living room where we were in and he said the planchette started moving in circles really fast and then he heard a crash from the kitchen and totally forgot about the circle of salt too, and rushed to the kitchen and he said I looked like I was having a seizure or something. He thought I was possessed, so he shook me and said "Come out in the name of God!" and he said that then I stopped shaking but was still unconscious because he said I wasn't responding. He decided to go back into the living room quickly and he moved the planchette to goodbye as it would close the portal and meant that Charlie (If that was his real name) couldn't do anymore harm, and then he rushed back to me.

He said I was awake now but I looked really white and ill and my eyes didn't look like mine, and decided to call mum and tell her everything that happened. My brother just sat by me and he said he was seriously creeped out and was thinking that he would never use the Ouija Board again. When my mum and dad arrived my brother said my eyes still looked a bit weird and my mum and dad agreed with him, and they carried me up to my room and layed me on my bed and I fell asleep.

I remember the next morning I woke up and wondered how I got to my bed and stuff, and walked downstairs where my mum and dad and brother where sitting around the table and when I walked in they were relieved I was ok and told me everything that had happened the night before, but I didn't remember.

They told me and my brother to NEVER use the Ouija Board again, and I agreed because I wouldn't any time soon.

Perhaps the "possession" was just a normal seizure, but I don't have Epilepsy or anything? Maybe Charlie just wanted me to leave the circle so he could harm me? And if you have read my story, "The Tall, Dark Figure" maybe that is Charlie? I do not know could anyone shed some light on this? That would be great!

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, and if you do decide to do a Ouija Board session after this remember to have a lot of protection and put a ring of salt around you and NEVER leave the circle. Also if the spirit says it is from the moon, close the session immediately!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Micha_1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I would lean more towards a concussion too, although it was a big coincidence with the whole ouija board thing. I think I would have thought charlie got me at first too lol
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
[at] BlueTurtle I'm glad your ok now... Yes I don't know why my mother didn't take me to the hospital because your right it could've been something bad, but glad I'm ok now.
Some people are saying that the "possession" could have just been me slipping on the kitchen tiles, and I do agree that that could have been a possibility, but then I don't understand when my brother said "Come out in the name of God!" (or something along those lines) that I stopped shaking, coincidence?
Also many people don't really believe in this story and I can certainly understand why, but I can tell you for a fact this story is 100% real (Even if a "possession" was not the case of the seizure)
Take care,
Michelle 😊 ❤
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Mystic, you mention that you don't think you had a concussion because you didn't have any symptoms. I just wanted to say that I've had a concussion before and didn't even black out; they're not always the same. You don't have to have memory loss to have a concussion. When I suffered one, it was because I slipped on some ice and hit my head so hard that my beanie hat flew off (this was on a hill to go tubing). I slid down the hill in the tube and when I went to stand, I felt dizzy and had to sit a moment. I realize now it could have been more serious, though what I had was a common concussion. Obviously I'm fine now, but anything like that should not be taken lightly. I'm actually surprised that your mother believed so much that you were possessed that she didn't bother to consult a doctor on your condition; it could have been a lot worse than that, especially if you were unconscious. I'm not debunking the paranormal possibilities but, especially when she's not home to begin with, a mother should always take the physical route over the spiritual as a means of explanation. Thank goodness you're fine now, but I would have taken you to a hospital for evaluation, just to be absolutely sure that you didn't suffer serious injury.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
I'm not sure- but I'd like to think every parent knows, before becoming a parent, how important it is to not let your child fall asleep right after a fall that could cause a concussion. Life and death situation.
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
[at] DARKNESS Well, we decided to throw the camera away because the screen got smashed (When I fell) so I didn't get a chance to check it, sorry.
[at] zzsgranny I do have quite a slippery kitchen floor so maybe I just did slip!
[at] WhiteWolf Thanks! He is a good brother:-)

Guys, I did miss out a lot of information on my story and I am sorry for that, but I'm a 13 year old girl who is TERRIBLE at story writing! XD
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
A lot of people are asking why on Earth my mum would let me keep a Ouija Board in the house when she was so against it; well infact this is not my Ouija Board. My dad grew up in my house and he used to play the Board with his friends and he one day stored it away and forgot about it and it was stored away in the cupboard until one day he found again and he had no interest in it anymore, but still decided to keep it since it was very old and could perhaps sell for a bit of money, but he hadnt got around to selling it yet, so that's why it is still stored away in the cupboard 😊 But now, the Board is in the bin because we decided it might be of harm to another person he sold it to.
Now, [at] Javelina my parents did watch me a bit for when I went to sleep, but my mum did believe it was just possession because she had a friend possessed before, and she said her possession looked a bit like mine (This is why she wants us to stay away from Ouija Boards). And yes, my brother did hear a crash from the kitchen so it could have just been a concussion and a normal seizure but I didn't have any symptons of a concussion, and could remember my name and everything; but I really don't understand then why I couldn't remember the events which happened just before the seizure (Possession?)
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
If you were possessed by the spirit I am sure your brother did not want it to happen you both took precautions and when you fell he came to your aid so he is a good brother.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
As usual some good points from Granny and Jav!😁
Mystic_entityxx8, after everything that occured to you, did you ever bother to check the camera? 😕

Thank you

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Excellent example granny! And I remember that incident well.

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Jave: That's the point I was alluding to LOL...

Mystic: I feel it's entirely probable that you slipped and fell in the kitchen... Head injuries will cause seizures, blackouts, glassy eyes, amnesia, and make a person want to do nothing but sleep... Even slight concussions should be strictly monitored, and if a person has gone to emergency with a concussion, they will not be released unless the staff are assured that there is someone to watch them, and wake them every 3-4 hours... I remember the story one winter (2009) about a skier who slammed into a tree, and insisted she was fine, but a few hours later, she died from her injury...

From Wikipedia, about actress Natasha Richardson:

"On 16 March 2009, Richardson sustained a head injury when she fell while taking a beginner skiing lesson at the Mont Tremblant Resort in Quebec, Canada about 80 miles (130 km) from Montreal. The injury was followed by a lucid interval, when Richardson seemed to be fine and was able to talk and act normally. Paramedics and an ambulance which initially responded to the accident were told they were not needed and left. Refusing medical attention twice, she returned to her hotel room and about three hours later was taken to a local hospital in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts after complaining of a headache. She was transferred from there by ambulance to Hospital du Sacr
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
I'm wondering what parent wouldn't be outright concerned for their child being slightly comatose for no other reason than a Ouija board session. They just put you to bed and left you alone? The next morning they were sitting at the table as if nothing had happened and there was nothing to be concerned about? No one stayed up all night to keep an eye on your progress? You had symptoms resembling a seizure, you were not back to normal when they got home, no one knew for sure what occurred before your brother ran into the kitchen. No thoughts whatsoever that this may have been a concussion? Your brother did hear a crash, right?
All this strikes me as quite odd behavior for any parent. I am also wondering why your mother would allow a Ouija board in her home if she was dead set against you kids ever using one?
All in all, I am not convinced as to the veracity of your claims that these events took place in the manner described. Looks embellished to me, sorry.

Jav 🤔
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
mystic: I'm wondering what kind of flooring is in your kitchen?...
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
No disrepect intended but I'm just a little curious that if your mum was so against Ouija Boards then why was there one in your house?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks for your account. How old are you? I am thinking of using planchette, and your tips will really help me a lot. You were indeed possessed for a few seconds, until your brother mentioned about God. Next time if you have to leave your circle of salt, remember to move/proceed with God's name. Please take care of yourself...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: