You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings In No.25

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings In No.25

 

This is the first time I have ever written down my experiences of living in No. 25. No. 25 is the number of a previous house that I used to live in. We moved into this house in 2000 when I was about 6 years old. We lived there for about 5 or 6 years and during this time lots of strange things happened to both me and the rest of my family.

I always felt weird when I lived in that house, like there was always someone there watching me. My first experience in that house was when I had just got into bed at 9pm and I was lying there trying to get to sleep when all of a sudden I could hear a noise coming from the bathroom which was right next door to my bedroom. What I had heard was the sound that a toilet roll makes when it is spun around really fast on the holder. This really freaked me out so I went to check it out but there was no one there and when I looked at the toilet roll it hadn't been moved.

There were also some strange things that happened to my mother. The first one she told me about was when she was sitting watching TV in our living room and she saw someone walk past the door and go into our downstairs toilet and switch the light on. She didn't think anything of it straight away because she thought it was just my brother. But she said that the light stayed on for ages and no one came out.

And finally another story that my mother told me about was when she was lying in bed and she suddenly woke up and saw a dark figure standing at the end of the bed. She said that she rubbed her eyes but it was still there when she looked. At first she thought it was my dad because he used to sleep walk a lot but when she looked on the bed he was still there fast asleep.

We have since moved out of that house and have been living somewhere else for the last 12 years. We have never experienced any other type of paranormal acitvity since then and every time I think about that house I get a chill down my spine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmieMc93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Siri (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
I just had a question as far as timeline goes... In the story it's stated that you moved into the house in 2000 and lived there for 5 or 6 years. But then at the end of the posting, there's the sentence, "We have since moved out of that house and have been living somewhere else for the last 12 years." According to the math, wouldn't it have to be... 2018 then? Moving in during 2000 + 6 years = moving out in 2006. 2006 + living somewhere else for 12 years = 2018. But maybe I'm overlooking, perhaps you moved out in 2000. 😁
Overall, a very interesting experience. At least the apparition didn't seem to have any ill-will towards your family. In fact, because of the sounds and the non-interaction with your family, this sounds more like a residual haunting to me. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: