You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: A Loud Bang

Real Ghost Stories

A Loud Bang

 

It's been 2 years since weird things started happening in my house. Once I was sleeping out and my sisters slept in my room (they are fairly young) and saw weird lights and shadows in a corner and one shadow sitting on my bed. They were so scared that they refuse even now to sleep in my room. I told them they were crazy and things remained that way.

But it's been a while since I started hearing things, someone walking up the stairs and my dogs looking at the stairs and barking for no reason, someone coughing, my dogs looking at the empty hallway and barking for no reason, dogs slamming, faint voices, etc... And last night was the biggest happening...

I was trying to sleep and then there was a loud BANG on the floor that resonated all the way in my bed. It was coming from the room below me (my old room where my sisters don't want to sleep anymore). My dogs started barking like crazy. At first I thought maybe it came from the door and I was just half asleep and didn't hear properly. But then it did it again but coming from another room in the basement resonating in my closet (I have a walk-in closet). I was so mad that I yelled F*** OFF.

Then it started... Knock knock knock knock knock knock really really fast and moving everywhere on the floor. Moving from one side of the room to the other to another. Really fast. And my dogs were going completely nuts. I was really mad, and tired so I put my earplugs in and fell back asleep. Then I woke up because the bed shook just a tiny bit, but enough to wake me up. And my dog sat straight up in the bed and started staring somewhere in the darkness of the room. And I started freezing suddenly. I thought there was a window open because there was really a FREEZING breeze. It wasn't cold, there was a BREEZE. And then another BANG coming from my closet. So I got up, went for a cigarette. Then came back, tried to calm my dogs down because they were really agitated. Then fell back asleep. And I woke up this morning. Nothing else happened.

What do you think this might be? My imagination, or...?

I'm not really sure what to do about it. I'm not scared, just REALLY annoyed because it wakes me up all the time.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillmisspanda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-05)
I seem to agree with the princess. Do not let a spirit control your home. I have had ghost room mates in allmost everyplace I lived. In 2003 I moved into an apartment complex and endeed up with a beer drinker. Starting around 1 am you would hear the tab poped on a can. Every half hour or so another would pop. It did not drink much maybe five or six cans but the noise was anoying. And If you went into the kitchen at night you would walk into a noxus gas (fart) from the ghost. I do have a witness to these events. Any way to the point I worked early every day, noise bothers me when trying to sleep. One night at 2 am I yelled at it to be the he** quiet I needed to get up early, if it wanted to talk or make noise wait until the week end. It stopped, no problems after to bother me. So I suggest tell it the next time you hear it, I live here now and you need t leave, if it don't get the house cleansed. Smugging works but get some one who knows what they are doing. I use white candles to cleanse, but not every one can do a cleaning.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I recommend mixing a bowl of white vinegar and sea salt as it evaporates it prevents some beings from manifesting. Also for protection say psalm 91 and 71 3 times before you go to sleep.
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
your house seems very haunted and scary!
I think you should try to get the house blessed. Try and stay calm next time you encounter it and maybe ask it to leave?
It doesn't sound good so stay safe!
All the best, unknown_madness xxxxxx
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Hi I guess its a spirit but not dangerous as it allows you to stay for 2 years You don't need to change the room or change you dogs room. You must try to change your house, or either you need to call paranormal hunters who will to all needfull things and try to ghost down. Believe in god and post the images of god everywhere in your house in day time.
Cheers
Buffymaate (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
maybe you should try going to see a medium. See if there is something trying to communicate with you.
lynrinth (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Your imagination?! Uh, no, I don't think it's your imagination. Holy cow, with all that ruckus going on, especially with your dogs, how could it be your imagination?! If they saw and reacted to what was going on, then you darn well know, it's real! Well, if you just feel annoyed, then it's better than to feel scared or threatened. What to do? Try sleeping in a different room? It might give you some relief, and much needed sleep. And maybe some relief for your dogs, too. Good luck.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
LOL! No its not funny & I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I have gotten so p*ssed at spirits & yelled all kinds of colorful things at them. When I was at the end of my tether. But I don't suggest you tell it to f^ck off OR apologize. I'm kind of getting tired of people walking on eggshells in their own homes trying not to upset the spirits. Like "Dont yell at it, show emotion or stand your ground & tell them to get out." Oh no God forbid... Blah. Yes I think we should all respect spirits but stop letting them push us around. I don't care if my house was theirs 157 years ago. Its mine now. You know? No one will like this comment & I could really care less at this point. Where did our back bones go?

Its seems obvious to me that what ever is banging & freaking your dogs out is a mischievious spirit. Just let it know that this is your home & you don't need to be harassed in your sanctuary. Just say it out loud for a while every now & again. If it continues then bring out the big guns & some of our friends here at YGS can give you much sound advice on how to kick the thing out. I know if it were me & it kept acting in the manner you say, I would tell it something along the lines of what you said & help it do so. I will not be pushed around by spirits. Not of us should let our selves. We are SOOO worried about respect for them & them finding peace, when the heck is it time for our respect & peace? Because we haven't passed yet we don't count? Us living have issues, too. I don't think we should coddle spirits. Uhg! I'm repeating my self but I hope my point is made & some of you understand. & Lillmisspanda & hope you find the help you need here. Just remember to stand your ground. Firmly not angry. Much love & bless you & yours.

~LSD~
Midnight_rose (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
I think you should just leave it alone. Not like all the time, but when it makes those little noises and stuff. The next time though that it starts banging around the house calmly tell it to stop because it's getting on your nerves and you doen't want to make your sisters worry living in that house. Thanks. ^-^
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
MissiB, please turn down the hostility in your posting. This person came for advice, not belittlement. Those of us that have had experiences can get enough of that anywhere else.

Now there is one thing I do agree with in your post, she shouldn't have told it to f off. What I'd suggest panda is that you try apologizing to it, and then researching the house and property to see what you can find out about the history.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: