You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Very, Very Odd Happenings In My School

Real Ghost Stories

Very, Very Odd Happenings In My School

 

Yeah so, I'm a great believer in all this paranormal stuff, but this is just far too weird. I go to a school that's recently been rebuilt, just next to the old (now demolished) building, which was 50-years-old when it got knocked down, due to asbestos apparently.

A boy from this school died on the lane the school is situated on. Basically he got some other boys annoyed, so they hit him. He had a thin skull and he got brain damage and died or something, I don't know.

I was about 12/13 and I was walking with 2 of my friends back to the main building, this is the old school, not the newly built one, and you know when you just get that feeling that someone's behind you? Well we could all like feel this, we were pretty creeped out, and we also could hear footsteps behind us, but there was literally no one around. It was a good long walk either way to get out of the alley we were in. There were wooden planks at one side, due to workmen, and railings at the other, backing onto a first school and as we were walking we could hear someone dragging something along the railings. It was a perfectly nice day, sun, just a breeze, so that was kind of odd.

What's even odder was a couple of years later, in the modern school, me and a different friend were sitting in the locker room upstairs, where EVERYTHING creepy happens, and again there was no one around, we heard the exact same noise, along the radiator, the same dragging sound, it was not a sound a radiator would make.

That was the main story, now for a few more pointers: on the same floor, just around the corner, there's the toilets, the creepiest toilets I will ever step foot in. Not a horrible atmosphere, not badly decorated but you just know that something is in there with you, not someone, but something. Even when there's people in there, but it's the worst when you're alone.

I have seen things, shadows under the doors, noises in different cubicles. I even heard a death rattle coming from the end cubicle. That is the creepiest. My friend once put something in the bin and it lifted itself straight back out. She has also seen things in the cubicles and has doors opening on her, when there's no one else in the toilets.

Me and my friends were sitting on the bench, after school, no one around yet again. One of the walls is made up of glass windows, nothing else, so we could see if there was someone there, and this is on the top floor. We heard a knocking coming from either the window or the ceiling, and we thought, "Oh, it'll just be a cleaner" but there was nothing there when we looked out the window. The noise was pretty loud and aggressive. But the creepy thing is that about a month before the janitors found maggots coming from the ceiling. Like that definitely is NOT normal, in the slightest!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theworldcalls, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cereza277 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
😕

Ever heard the sound Kayako makes in The Grudge? That's a death rattle everyone. You know, the infamous sound she makes before she kills. 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
theworldcalls - Junai has asked the question I wanted to know. What exactly do you mean by "death rattle"?

Also, noises heard outside can't be explained away as "no one was around." Although you may not have seen them, they could have been nearby. Noises do carry, especially on a construction site. The sounds can make you think someone is right beside you, when in fact they may may be on the complete opposite side.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
I had some creepy expierences in my primary school.
Footsteps in an empty passage on my way to the office, footsteps in the grade 7 girls toilets even I was the only one there, etc. Today, 20 years later, my daughter is in the same school I was. They call the 'girl' in the grade 7 toilets 'Grietjie'.
Years ago I did not know WHO it was, but there was defenitly something... What is a school without it's ghost? 😊 ❤
Junai (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I'm just a tad curious: what do you mean by 'death rattle'? Do you mean a literal rattle that is done over a dead body in some cultures, or the metaphorical death rattle of someone's last breath? And how do you know it was a death rattle?
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Hi there theworldcalls, Last year, I had maggots falling from the ceiling, onto my kitcken sink. Upon investigation, my husband discovered that birds had made a nest in the roof. One of the chicks must have fallen out of the nest (or been kicked out) & died. Hence, the maggots falling through the crack of the ceiling. 😐
Sorry, I can't help you with the other 'problems'!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
That does sound kind of weird, do you know any of the history of the land or the old building? Personally I feel all high schools are creepy! 😆 Maybe have a poke around and see if you can find out anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: