You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Fire Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Fire Man

 

This happened to me when I was about 7-years-old, my first other worldly visit. An unpleasant one at that.

I remember doing as my mother had told me before I went to bed. Then, of course, I did go to bed. This night I felt very cold and I awoke from my sleep. I walked across my bedroom floor oh so quietly and took a peek out of my door. I looked into the kitchen and I looked into my neighboring room, my mother and father's room. I could see that my parents were asleep, but I decided I would wake one of them to help me with a late night snack. I could wake neither of my parents to help me unfortunately, as they were completely in a dream status. I stood beside my mom, trying to wake her up but I had no luck. And a few moments after, I felt another cold chill run down my body. I looked around the room because it was as if a person had called for me.

I felt really strange, and something in me shook, but did not get my attention away from hunger. I slowly crept towards the kitchen. The kitchen was fairly lit by some street lights outside, so I just walked on into the kitchen. I stopped because something felt as if I should have watched the oven. So I did. For about three minutes I glared intensely at the oven. Nothing happened. I figured it was safe and I was just playing a trick on myself, scaring myself. I turned to the refrigerator and began looking for my snack. I felt something almost scream into my mind, "Turn around!" I noticed something getting brighter in the dark areas of my view. I felt something becoming warmer. I froze up only for a second, and then I turned around ever so incredibly slow that you would think I was playing some cruel trick on another being. But no, I turned around to see a fiery black, orange, glowing ember of a creature that made a kind of fiery-crackle grunt. I backed up to the fridge, scared to death. Suddenly it reached out to grab at me.

I made a break for the door and ran immediately to my parents' room. I grabbed my mother, shaking her violently. I remember telling her, "Mom! There's a man on fire in there! He's in fire! He wants me!" My mother finally woke from her ever so peaceful slumber and just looked around the room. She said, "Rodney, there's nothing there." I turned around to look back at the kitchen. The air had a nice feel to it, no light was emanating in the area, and there was nothing there that I could see.

My mother forced me back to bed after having a look for herself. I ran to my bed, top notch. I hid under my covers like they would really help me. I didn't sleep for awhile because I felt something in my room with me. I didn't move for the entire night and I only stuck my nose out every so often to get more air to breathe. Sometimes in that house it smelled of something burnt. No one could ever identify the source of the smell, but it was reasonably noticeable. I smelled a more intense burning. I looked out my window from my cover peep-hole. I didn't see anything but a mere shadow move across it. That was enough to send me back under the covers however. Eventually I got so tired during the night that I couldn't help but fall asleep.

When sunrise had began though, I went to tell my mother what had happened. She thought I was playing with her and making up stories. But this is my true, honest, 100 percent truthful story of how I saw my first ethereal being. Of which my family now also refers to as "The Fire Man."

Other hauntings by Shadowwulf113

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadowwulf113, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadowwulf113 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-29)
It has been a while readers. Much has happened since 2013 and I do indeed have some new stories to tell. I have been very busy but my encounters haven't ceased. I formed a small group, we searched our local area for stories, rumors, and any information we could find on spectral occurrences. Surprisingly we did get a little bit of footage and I will try to link that if possible in the future, as the video was uploaded but I can no longer find it on the internet.

As for the "The Fire Man", I had told my family about seeing him/her while I was younger but they had never seen him for theirselves. And as of yet I have not seen him again.

You just never know with spirits.
Shadowwulf113 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Been a while; technical difficulties. But yeah, I've only ever seen him once. We recently moved about 2 months ago, I have yet to see anything new or paranormal. Apart from that I do have some more older experiences and would share them while possible.

Anything else you might like to know about 'The Fire Man'?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Kellyjennett - instead of posting your story (again) on Shadowwulf's story, if you feel the need you should submit it when the site is open and receiving stories.

Apparently you feel very strongly about your situation and this may give you the opportunity to share your story and discuss your experience with other members on this site.
Kellyjennett (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
I have only seen this particular "fire man" I have always called the firey man" once. I have seen other things my entire life and for a while now since I have kept telling myself it's not real, it is rare that I see anything. But I do still see things from time to time. I recently brought an antique childs rocking chair upstairs that my husband got from an auction and last night I saw someone clear as day sitting in the rocking chair a little girl and someone maybe her mother standing beside her. I have always seen things as clear as someone alive standing in front of me. I have only seen family or someone I knew very few times compared to the others. I have been pulled out of the bed several times by a "spirit" I have had bruises from that "spirit" and I always told myself it was a dream, or I did it while I slept, but I had someone stay onenight when it was a nightly thing and had them watch me the whole night. It didn't take long for them to start freaking out and tell me what they saw and know that it was physically impossible for me to have done it. But back to the fire man, that was pure evil and I have seen both good and bad things but the fire man was pure evil and he was luring me closer to him. As terrified as I was when I saw him when he waved for me to come I had no control over my body. I will never forget it. And it was a close friend that saw him weeks after he was telling me that I was crazy. And he stopped going to my house after. People think that ghosts or spirits can't hurt you well they are wrong and I am living prof of it. I have always called it a curse for what I see hear feel and maybe it's because I have always been able to see them and feel them like they were a live person. I have never been "possesst" like some people say "oh I feel their presanse oh it's so strong, oh this is how they died" those people are full of shiat! When you have the ability to do what I do and even "make" or have people around you see things that you don't even say a word about, what you see or mention anything and they start freaking out and see the things around you and describe the same thing you see, you get closure that your not crazy. But you don't "announce" it to the world because if you are as "gifted" or "cursed" like me you are so afraid of it and it always gets worse when you talk about it to anyone! My belief of "after life" is there is only one place you "go" you stay here on earth it's just a different relm. There are no "cross over" or "lost souls". There are evil and good walking amoung us daily. And yes I did have a death experience before several times but that has nothing to do with my ability. And people that claim that there is another place like heaven are only deceived. Kellyjennett [at] yahoo.com
Kellyjennett (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
I thought I was the only one that has seen this man besides a good friend of mine that saw him two weeks after I did at my old house. I however saw him outside. I was sneaking out that night (I was in high school) and I had a quarter mile drive way, I would always go to one side of the house and make my way through the woods up the drive. I saw what started out like a lantern and I knew that there were no lights around that area, I kept watching and then I froze. I saw a man made of fire and he stood there warning me. It was as if I had compleate control of my thoughts but I had no control over my body. I saw him step behind a tree and I looked around thinking that I didn't really see it. Then I saw him poke his head around the tree and he brought his arm out and waved me to come. I wanted to run back into my room but I started walking toward the man on fire. My mind was telling me to run away, but my body wouldn't listen and kept going toward him. When I got to the spot where he was he was gone. I was still in disbelief and I took a lighter out of my pocket and light it so I could see the ground. And I saw footsteps burned into the leaves but there were no toes it was as if it were shoes. I have seen things my whole life but nothing as frightening as the firey man. I told my friend about it and of course they did not believe me. Two weeks had past and he had Droped me off and as he was leaving he saw the same man on the opposite side of my driveway from where I saw him. He has never doubted me since. Ghosts are one thing to see and know that they are all around. But the man on fire still terrifies me to this day even thinking about what happened that night.
Shadowwulf113 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Sorry for the late comment guys and girls. I've only seen him twice ever. No one else has ever seen him, at least that I know of. But, my family and I have seen some other things, such as dogs and cats, men in fishing clothing, and even heard someone playing pianos in one of our previous houses. It's been a while since I've been messed with by any other being, but I'm used to them at this point. Ghost will always be around me it seems.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
This is the part that makes me wonder
"But this is my true, honest, 100 percent truthful story of how I saw my first ethereal being. Of which my family now also refers to as "The Fire Man."
Please tell us more if any of your family saw the creature.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Since you stated that your family now refers to him as "the fire man", I'm assuming that your family has seen him as well then. Please do share!
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Have you seen the entity again?
Is there a certain time that the burnt smell is more evident?
Eazy-E (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
How many times have you encountered this ethereal fire man you speak of?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: