You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Negative Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Negative Spirit

 

My trouble started about 4 years ago. I have lived in my home for a long time, since July '97 to be exact, and my home was a warm cozy place, a happy family life. However, as of four years ago things changed. I went from having a happy family to one that was dysfunctional.

The first thing was just before 4 years ago, I was in bed and had small glass table at the end of my bed. It was not a large table and contained my perfumes. I couldn't see it from my bed, but could hear the class bottle moving across the surface. I thought someone was playing a prank on me, sneaking about as I could not see. So I decided to sneak to the end of my bed to catch them in the midst of their little prank. As I peered over the bed, the perfume bottles hit the floor. I must be honest, it was shocking finding no one there.

Since then my home can never be kept warm, even in summer. I have constantly felt a heavy feeling on my chest and felt very anxious. I have arguments with my family constantly and never feel happy there and constantly feel drained when I'm there.

I thought maybe I had some kind of depression and without realising it, became secluded. However, my views started to change when one evening I was in bed and I felt something laying beside me in my bed. So I asked someone in my family, who is a medium, to come to my house and they told me there was a negative spirit in my home. So she proceeded to smudge my house.

I suppose I was still a little reluctant to believe, so I went to another medium who didn't speak English and basically she told me, through a translator, who told me exactly what my relative had told me and a little more. She said I had a really negative spirit in my home as I was told before (great so it's back!) She also told me that things in my home would be a lot worse for me if not for two male spirits protecting me: one of which is my father, the other she wasn't sure.

Since she has told me this I have tried to put nothing but positive energy into my home. I now live alone while dealing with this, as I won't let anything negative beat me.

However, while away on holiday a dear friend was looking after my home. She became very depressed and negative to the point she tried to do something very silly.

I am going to smudge again myself as soon as I get home and would like to hear your thoughts on this. I feel like it's an unwanted and I want my home back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

star26 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
I have had similar happenings in my household as well, we found out that the thing causing the issue was actually multiple demons, who had become attached to me even though I was very young when that happened, we had a priest preform an exorcism on me and the household and so far after 5 years the only negative energy we get in the household is when me or my younger brother have unacceptable grades. I also did what Rook suggested when I felt the negativity trying to take over again, and it helped tremendously. Best of luck with your situation. ~Star
bones (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and comments, I think you could be right rookygin I do help people its definatly worth food for thought but I think I'll leave things to someone who knows what they are doing as playing with thing's you don't understand fully can also open door ways for negative spirits and I think one is quite enough 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
bones,

I see from the comments that you said 'it' may have been sent so think of break ups... Maybe not yours... Maybe something like a Friend you encouraged to get out of a bad relationship... Or at the least someone thinks you caused a relationship they had to go 'bad'...Just a thought or two. This would have been just before all the negative things started.

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Hi Bones, Here in S Africa, it is not uncommon for a 'hex' to be put on someone by a Sangoma. A Sangoma is usually 'hired' by someone, who is envious or just up to no good, to put nasty things onto someone else. A Sangoma can also lift the spells.
You don't perhaps know anyone of African decent? They may have got PO with you for some reason or other.
This is a shot in the dark, but these things do happen in S Africa, on a daily basis. I hope I have helped.
I wish you lots of luck. 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
bones,

Please think back four years ago... Plus a little bit... Did something bad/negative happen in your life that may have acted as a catalyst for this negative 'energy/spirit' to enter your 'home/life'?

Please try this Method I use for my Home and Family. You said you've been trying to bring in Positive Energy, this includes that...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Bones, the last reply-comment you made has given some light into the whole aspect of the case and the solution to the problem. I was, in fact, wondering as to how the house, where you have been residing since July, 1997, could suddenly get into the influence of a negative spirit dating back to just 4 years. I don't know about other countries but in India, we come across such cases. A person hires an expert to do such induced haunting to take revenge or any reason whatsoever, to serve his purpose. To explain further, there are two types of persons in this trade. We call them Mandhiravathis. One category learns the art only to wade away the negative spirits (He is called Sun Madhiravathi). The other is to send the negative and evil spirits on somebody at the instance of another person (He is called Dhun Mandhiravathi). Well, to cut it short, it requires enormous specialisation for both the categories to induce or remove the negative spirits. If it has been haunting for the last 4 years in your house, then you should consult an expert to remove the influence. Do it immediately. Further, the second medium, you have contacted probably was right that 2 spirits are safeguarding you, otherwise, the things could have been much worse. So, it is time you contacted a real expert to drive away the negative spirit before it inflicts any further damage. Good Luck to you and God be with You at this hour and I hope that you will get the negative spirit and energy away with the Almight's Power.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
It's weird that you've been living at the house for so long and that the activity just started four years ago. Where you renovating your home at the time of the first incident?

And I have never heard of spirits being sent to hunt someone so I can't really comment on that matter.

But I do wish you lots of luck and hope everything ends peacefully 😊
bones (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I forgot to mention the medium actually told me it was sent to me by someone, why would somebody be so cruel, and can they do that? I'm going to seek help from a spiritualist when I get home. I have never been a nasty person and anyone who knows me would say I'm a very kind person, always helping others when I can. So I'm a little confused to say the least but never the less it in my home
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
You have to take away the spirit's power by not being afraid. Many times they grow stronger by fear.
They will do things like shake the bed, move things around, and even touch you. Don't react.
I know it is easier said than done, but you can do it. The idea is to wear you down.

Also, make sure you are taking care of yourself, by eating right, getting enough sleep, and even getting
Counseling for any difficulties you are going through. Make sure it isn't getting more fuel
From anything that might be going on with you. Surround yourself with support and give love to
As many people as you can. Fight darkness with light.
MissTay (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I had a spirit in my house. What I did was that I blessed the most important rooms of my house. Bless your bedroom for sure, and maybe the bathrooms and any other rooms you spend most of your time in. All you need is holy water. What you do is you make a cross in every corner of the room, saying 'In the name of the father, son, and holy spirit' as you do, and on each corner of windows, and in front and in back of your door. It might make you more comfortable. It kept the spirit from entering my bedroom and the den.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I would recomend saying psalm 91 and 71 out of the king james bible every day. Also get some sea salt mixed with white vinegar and leave it in bowls in the room to evaporate. Make both of those things a habit and it will be hard for spirits to harass you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: