You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Truly Seeing Ghosts Or Is It My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Truly Seeing Ghosts Or Is It My Imagination?

 

I had originally posted my less detailed story on Yahoo! Answers to find answers but nothing was truly helpful. Then I found this website a few days ago and I thought I should try and find answers here.

Starting when I was around eight, I have seen a figures standing by my bed. The first figure I had seen looked like a little boy with bluish tint to him; all I can really remember about him is that he had walked toward me with his hand out and I had been extremely scared.

I haven't seen anything else for a while but, throughout my childhood (I am sixteen now) I would feel something touching me; on the shoulder, the foot, the arm, ect.

The first figure I've seen since I was eight happened this year. For some reason, I've been waking up in the middle of the night around the same time without fail. Normally I fall straight back to sleep but one time when I did wake up, I saw something. It was man who was very tall and so black that I could see his outline in the darkness. I couldn't make out any features except for a fedora hat. The man had been walking toward me with his hand coming up to reach out to me.

Was he offering me his hand? Was he trying to grab me? I don't know but I had become so scared I had jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway. I didn't want to go back to my room but then I thought I was being silly for being scared of something that just couldn't be there. I returned to my room and saw the figure was gone. I decided then I had just been seeing things or dreaming them. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I don't remember if I had felt threatened by the man in the fedora or not; I only remember being scared.

The next day, the man with the fedora was still on my mind. So I looked him up and saw that people from all over have seen something similar. Websites have said he is a Shadow Man known as the Hat Man. Now, I'm wondering if he is what I saw.

My second encounter happened a few months back. I was trying to sleep and I had woken up to see a tall woman with long hair in a ponytail. She was also holding something in her hand; I want to say it was a staff like thing. She was glowing (I'm not sure if that is the right word to describe her) and she stood out against the darkness. Standing next to the woman was a short man who I can't remember much detail from except that he had a darker feel to him. He didn't glow and he didn't stand out like woman did; I guess you could say he blended in with the darkness. I had been scared but I didn't feel threatened by the woman. I didn't feel safe with the man but I didn't feel threatened by him either. I also didn't jump out of bed like last time; I just shut my eyes and when I opened them again the two figures were gone.

My third and most recent encounter happened just a few weeks ago. I had just laid down ten minutes before when I opened my eyes and saw another man. He had short brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was standing stiffly at the foot of my bed; he wasn't doing anything except for staring down at me. I recall staring at the man for a few seconds then everything is blank from there. My mom told me later that I had come running down the hallway and telling her there was a man standing by my bed. She said I wouldn't go back alone and she had to walk me to my room. When my mom had told me this I was confused because all I remembered about that night was seeing the man staring at me.

I feel like I should include that I've played the Ouija Board a couple of times with my friend. I've talked to some spirits before and all have been friendly except for two or three. The thing is though; I've never played it inside my house; only in the backyard or at a park. I still have the board in my closet; I haven't played it in months. I don't know if the Ouija Board could be causing me to see these things; I've seen figures before I even knew what a Ouija Board was.

My question for you is: Am I just imagining this figures or is what I'm seeing real?

Other hauntings by EvaRains

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EvaRains, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Dominic:
I read your profile and can not help but wonder what the heck is a guy like you doing in a site like YGS ๐Ÿ˜•
I'm not trying to force you to believe in somebody else's experiences, but keep in mind that until not too long ago humanity used to blame illnesses and any natural phenomena on "God's will", and though science has made great advances in many fields there are many that remain still unexplained.

EvaRains:
You seem to be sensitive to spirits and they seem to be trying to reach to you, perhaps for help. You are young and right now do not know what to do, but I'm sure time and life will take you through the path you are meant to walk.

Take care.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Chip Coffey, Children of the Paranormal. He specializes in helping gifted kids such as you. And, yes, you are definitely a gifted person. The vivid detail which you describe with care and at times hesitation is not indicative of obsession nor illusion. If these were manifestations indicative of some sort of psyhotic break you would have been SURE of everything, most likely. You are not an insane person. Firstly, you questioned your experience which insane people are not known for doing. Secondly, you went about researching your experience with an objective and open mind. Keep some healthy scepticism and look up Chip Coffey. You'll be fine ๐Ÿ˜‰
EvaRains (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
otteer Thanks so much for your comment. You were helpful and I will definitely seek a medium when I'm older.
The only thing is when I see these spirits, I can never say anything; I always become to scared. I tried to say something the last time one showed up but I became to scared. Do have any advise on overcoming my fear?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Eva, sounds like you do have a gift. Since you are still under age and your parents will not allow you to seek guidance in this matter I recommend you just read as much as you can about the subject but on a more scientific level (studies in parapsychology) rather than a sensational level. Also use this place as an outlet, there are many experienced people using this site that may be able to help you learn to shield yourself and offer support.

I cannot confirm this but the spirits reaching out to you would tell me they are intelligent and aware you can see them so I'm guessing you must be a beacon and a fairly consistent one. Ill pass on what I have read and heard before, be assertive and tell them to leave you alone and then ignore them so you can rest, study or what ever it is they may be interfering with. You are in control.
When you are older and have the freedom to sit with teachers, you can further develop your gift or decide what to do with it. I envy you that but I don't envy the sudden appearances, I can understand how that would shock you!
Best wishes and thank you for sharing!
dominic (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Ouija board is just a nonsense board...? Well, I do not know... Well to me it never worked. When I was in school I played it all alone; my intention was to call a spirit and then request to reveal the question paper. It never worked for me. Maybe for those who says that it works; then why don't you guys try out and ask ghosts about mysteries of Bermuda triangle, if not who will be America's next president, if not when would any thing like tsunami or hurricanes will occur... You guys will become real famous... All the best...
nonbeliver (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
as I have said before I was a nonbeliver. I have ghosts in my house. My room is 32 x 12 with a bathroom at the end with tv on I can see in some of the bathroom. The images most of the time build up there. Some are very large 2 ft dia most are dark red soma have lighter thin cloth around them some have faces, no feet. I was scared and afrade at first but I believe they are harmless at first I used a flash light that just caused them to disapear. I got close enough to kick one. It disapered and there was nothing there. One got on top of a clothes closet nothing disturbed. They do not make any noise I can hear. Do I have ghoasts?
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Well, I would think just by being receptive to it you will naturally develop over time, although you don't want to be too receptive. It's my understanding you have to set firm boundaries with the spirit world so you don't end up getting walked all over. That's why I suggested professional help. You could also do some reading. There are reputable psychics who have published books on their dealings with the spirit world. Maybe check with your local library. Hope this helps.
EvaRains (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Thank you everyone who has commented on my story.
I just wanted to say since posting this story, I have yet another one of these appatitions appear before me. It was an older man who was balding in the front. He was standing by my bedside and staring down at me. I, again, ran out of the room in fear.
Lsandhu I don't think I'll be able to go to a medium or a psychic because my parents wouldn't let me. I don't think they believe I am seeing things. Is there any other way to try to develop this gift?
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
No, no, no to the ouija board. You are just asking for trouble. EvaRains, it sounds like you have the ability to see spirits, although your ability to communicate with them may not be fully developed or may be blocked by your fear. Perhaps if you choose to ignore this ability, it will go away. Alternatively, you could probably learn to develop it further if you wanted to. If you do, I would suggest you try to find a reputable medium or psychic in your area to help you. A local paranormal investigative group might be able to put you in touch with someone. And no more ouija board. You've got enough spirits attracted to your gift. No need to go looking for more (and maybe attracting something worse).
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Are you aware of the dangers of this "quest"?Do you know what you may be getting yourself into? Do you know how to protect yourself? Have you read any other experience on this site to see how many things can go wrong? Why, as you claim, are other people crazy for using one but you feel the need to creep yourself out? Ouija boards are not toys.

Krys ๐Ÿ˜
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I'm sorry but I can't let this go. You commented on another experience, quote: "You guyes are crazy trying to do the ouija board, but I am thinking of doing a session myself with my family an see if this famous zozo comes and talks to me but first I need to buy a ouija board first."
So, you're full of knowledge as you claim from reading ghost stories, you tell another person that they are "crazy" for using a ouija board and then you state that you want to have a session yourself.
What gives?

๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
i just want to be creep out I have not had one experience except seeing things out of the corner of my eye so I want to see if there is something or someone in my house.
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Oh dear God. Are you here just to purchase a ouija board? And you think the best way to go about it is to publish personal info and your address on a public forum? If you have read and researched as much as you claim you do -you feel the need to spread the wisdom- you will know how incredibly dangerous it can be and frankly it's just down right a bad idea. I have nothing more to say... Just to strongly advise you against it. Be more careful.

Krys ๐Ÿ˜
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
i am 14 years old. Why you ask? ๐Ÿ˜• I guss I am full of this knowledge because I read a lot of ghost stories. Do you have a ouija board? I would like it if you did. ๐Ÿ˜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
SONYA_N_SIBERT: Holy crap, you're all full of knowledge, huh?...*sigh*...You may notice that one of comments has disappeared already... DO NOT post personal information like that on public forum... Can I ask how old you are?
SONYA_N_SIBERT (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
i believe what you saw was real I think that the spirits are trying to communicate with you. You must start trying to communicate with them I think they are trying to pass over but they are stuck until they communicate with a human. ๐Ÿ˜
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Don't burn it, the way to dispose of it is to break it into pieces and bury it separately. Also, the times you did use it, did you shield yourselves and did you say goodbye? It doesn't matter if you never used it inside the house, they can attached to you personally as well.
unknownblood (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
alright I recommend you to throw that quiji board out if you haven't yet sometimes that will bring any kind of demon or ghost out and haunt you my mom told me stories bout the quiji board and they are not good she said she threw it out and everything stopped or just burn it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: