You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Always There

Real Ghost Stories

Always There

 

I would like to start off saying first that I am new to this site and I am actually very happy to have found this site where I can relate my experiences with out fear of being ridiculed. With that being said, I am submitting this because I am hoping to find a solution this problem that has been plaguing me since my senior year of high school. Any advice given to me would be appreciated, but please don't tell me to pray, though I firmly believe in God I do not believe that prayer helps everything because believe me I have tried, and while prayer will work for a short period it never helps in the long run and I'll explain further.

It started when a cousin of mine came to visit for the summer. We had grown up together when we were little and then when he moved away we called each other as often as we could. We were more like brother and sister than cousins honestly, he was and still is my best friend. However, after he had been there a few days he came to tell me about some paranormal experiences that he was having in his house. He told me of a particular entity that followed him wherever he went. He admitted to always having the a terrible feeling of evil that was near him. Without thinking I said, "Well, whatever it is, I wish that it would leave you alone. I will pray for you?" I offered, and he just laughed as said, "Yeah, like God gives a crap." I was so stunned by this reaction that I was at lost for words. So I quickly changed the subject.

A couple weeks later he left to return home, he seemed really sad to go and he admitted to me that he didn't want to go back to his house. I told him that if he ever needed anything to call me. He nodded and reluctantly left.

A couple of days later I sitting on my bed talking to my Mom on the phone, while she was at work, trying to convince her to let me go stay at a friends. As I'm talking to her my eyes land on a nail that was sticking out of my wall. As I watched it, it started to wiggle and slowly push itself out of the wall. I blinked several times to make sure that what I was seeing was real. The suddenly I got a terrible feeling of fear and told my mother that I would talk to her when she got home. Hanging up, I leapt up from my bed and yanked the nail, which was now almost all the way out, the rest of the way out of the wall and flung it across the room. I then went and sat in the living room with my little brother, firmly telling myself that it was my imagination.

A couple nights later I was asleep in my room, when I heard scratching in my floor. Assuming that it was my cat, Gracie, playing, I picked up one of the pillows from behind my head and threw it in the floor to get her to quit. As I did this, a black shadowy figure climbed up my door, (which I laid with my feet pointing), across my ceiling and down then wall by which my head laid and jumped down on top of me. The moment I went to respond I felt my body freeze and suddenly got this horrible pain which the only way I can describe is how I imagine it would feel to be electrocuted. I couldn't breathe and I could move or scream. So I closed my eyes and prayed, "Oh, please God, help me." It took a couple of minutes in my head of repeating this my head, for it to stop. When it did I immediately took my pillows and blankets and slept in the living room on the couch.

After a couple of days of sleeping in the living room I went and slept back in my room, after convincing myself that I had just dreamed everything. That night, as I'm laying there watching television I get the suddenly feeling as though something is tugging at me, like something was trying to push it's way inside me. I sat up and shook myself repeating firmly in my mind that I was tired and it was just my imagination. However, the minute I lay back down the electrocution feeling starts all over again. This time it takes a lot longer of me praying for it to stop.

After that I refused to sleep in my room for the rest of the time living in that house. Instead I chose to sleep in the living room where my mom had a collection of angels, feeling safer in there. My mother only ever commented on how weird it was that I didn't sleep in my room, but always just left it at that.

After a while of feeling safe in the front room I begin to notice that the same evil feeling that was in my room began to move through the house. At this time, my mother and I start fighting horribly, for some of the stupidest reasons and at the same time I start feeling very depressed and even suicidal at times. I had all but convinced myself that everything that had happened was my imagination or because I was tired. However, my friends at school started noticing changes in my started commenting on them. They said I had become distant and when used to I always been for a sleepover or hanging out, I had started refusing. I told them that it was nothing that I just didn't feel like hanging out much or sleeping over. For a while they left me alone, still being my friends but not asking me to come hang out or anything.

Then one night I was laying on my couch watching television when I suddenly feel my body freeze again, and the electrocution feeling started again. I started hear growling in my right ear, and as I started praying the growling itensified until finally it let me go. I immediately sat up and started crying, never having felt so scared in my life. After that I stayed up for the rest of the night, unable to go to sleep. It continued like this for a couple of weeks, the growling and the electrocution feeling. My mom commented that I always looked so tired and asked me if everything was alright, I told her I was fine that I just sometimes couldn't sleep. Finally she took me to a doctor who ruled out insomnia or any other health problems and gave me a list of things to do that would help me sleep, like warm milk, ect. At this point all my friends slowly stopped talking to me.

Finally I called my cousin crying, telling him everything that had occured and for a little while he was silent and then he admitted that he hadn't felt the evil presence that had been following him since he left my house. I was so angry with him, believing that he had some how pawned this negative entity off on me that I refused to talk to him for a good while.

Then the activity started to slow and after two things happened it almost all together quit. The first being, because I slept in the living room I was in charge of locking the door before I went to bed. Which I did, every night, only I woke up and both the front and back doors were open my dog, which was supposed to be in the backyard, was on top of me growling at a hooded black figure standing in the doorway of the back door. It stood there, and I suddenly got the feeling as if it were amused by my dog in some way and then it disappeared. I convinced my dog to get down and put him back outside and locked both the doors again, terrified to go back to sleep. My mom came into the living room and ask when I had opened and shut the doors and I said that I thought I heard something outside so I checked. She said not to do it again and told me to go back to sleep.

The final and scariest of experiences happened the next night. As I was getting my a snack from the fridge I glanced over at the back door. I don't understand why but I did and when I looked the black hooded figure was there again, staring at me and though I have never seen his face I knew that he was staring right at me. Then slowly it started to move towards me and I froze in my spot. It had it arm extended towards me like it was reaching for me and I kept repeating to myself in my head that I needed to move but I couldn't it was like I was somehow glued to the spot. Finally after it was about a foot away from me I heard a soft feminine voice say, "Don't touch her." The entity stopped moving towards me and growled very visciously before disappearing. Once I could move I bolted into my mom's room and slept with her that night, saying I had a bad dream.

After a month or so my depression got better and my mom and I stopped fighting as bad, it still feels like its there, especially when I'm alone, it hasn't done anything like that since. I don't know whose voice that was or if I just imagined this whole experience. Sometimes, my body will still freeze up and the same feeling of being eletrocuted will start and at first it didn't bother me because it was every once in a while and it was brief. Now though, even though it's still rare the experiences are getting longer and I still feel as though sometimes it is still trying to find a way inside me. I'm scared that it might one day start all over again and I don't ever want to have to live through that again.

Any advice or help would be welcome. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. Also sorry for the length but I wanted to give as much information about the situation as possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelkisses63, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
angelkisses63,

I didn't take any offense. You are going through a very stressful ordeal and probably feel quite alone. I hope that coming to this site helps and maybe you feel a little less alone. I hate to hear people going through this kind of thing and my heart goes out to them. Since I am a very sensitive person, too, I find it useful to ask God to send his angels to surround me at night and keep watch over me. I've never been attacked when I do this. I sleep much better, too.

Ciao,
Elle
angelkisses63 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Yeah, I felt horrible when I realized that I had made a mistake. I also say 'pop' instead of 'soda' lol.

Stephy - I'm not offended at all:). In fact for a while I thought there was something terribly wrong with me because I was seeing and feeling all this stuff. There could be many explanations for this and plenty, I'm sure, that are not supernatural. The point is that it doesn't matter as long as I figure out what's going on so that it leaves me completely alone. Also, I am very, very thankful to that voice and I believe I have thanked she/it but it never hurts to double check.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
LOL, stephy, yes it is and because I can't drink it anymore, it makes me want one so much more! July 21st will be 2 years since I've had one! AAAAHHHHH! 😭 I don't care what it's called, I just want one! 😆

Stupid migraine medicine anyway LOL
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
ITS POP DARNIT! Soda people are wrong! 😆

Your story is frightening, on many levels. Not only with the possibility of it being spiritual, but also the possiblity of it not being spiritual.

Up until the part at the end where you heard the soft feminine voice say don't touch her, I was a little worried that you had a possible neurological problem (don't be offended by that). The fact you said you felt electrochuted made me think that you had a problem with some of your nerves. A pinched nerve can definitly give you a strong shocked and painful feeling. Your mind can make you feel and see many things if its being messed with in any way. Its the fact that you said you heard a voice say to not touch you, and your symptoms seem to have improved since that voice that has me wondering. Its a very curious situation.

I'd be very grateful to that voice, because someone or something is watching out for you. Make sure you properly thank it for its help. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Spider - it also shows how easily misunderstandings can occur 😊. Also, because there are so many nationalities represented on this site, as well as many different ways of expressing ourselves, we can read something entirely different than the way the o/p intended it.

I'm from Ohio and we say "pop" for a soft drink. Many people say "soda" or even the brand of drink. So there are definitely too many ways for misunderstandings to occur 😉
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Its true Miracles, I also misread that comment...haha...shows you how much we might be missing in the world around us too...
I would say since its still with you a comment from Rook is in order? Some cleansing needs to be done here don't you think?

Spider
millie (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
you mentioned there was a soft femimine voice well that was probably your guardian angel! 😊
angelkisses63 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Oh my goodness, you're right, I am very, very sorry. I was in such a rush while reading that post because I was getting ready for class. I am very, very sorry Elle.
ChantelePenny (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Wow,sure know how scary it is to be held down by a spirit and not be able to move a muscle or utter even a peep.It's nice though to know I'm not alone understanding what that felt like. Hope it doesn't happen again though. I was house sitting when that took place for me and know that spirit resides at that house in Ft. Worth. There's no way I'm ever going back there again and house sit. It was a women with very long hair and she wore an old gunnysack dress with button up old time boots but what scared me the worse was being held down with such strength then looking into her eyes which only glowed like white blinding lights and that errie creepy smile on her face before she finally released me from her grip. After that I kept all the lights on until the owners returned.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
angelkisses - I think you misread what Elle0309 said. Read it again, okay? I think you missed one little word that makes a big difference.

Sometimes people read comments in a hurry and read what they think it is saying, rather than what it actually says.
angelkisses63 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
I don't see how my offering to pray for my cousin means that I don't believe in God. I very much believe in God and it's rude to say tha I don't. If I did not believe in God then I simply wouldn't have offered to pray for him so I fail to see your logic. Thank you however for praying for me.
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
What I got from your story is not that you aren't a believer in God; otherwise, you wouldn't have offered to pray for your cousin. I feel that you might be on the cusp of a new level of spirituality bringing you closer to God, which is why you are being targeted in the first place. It might seem horrible at first because it feels like God has abandoned you, but in reality this is an exercise in faith for you to see through a door that not many people get to see. Don't ever think you have been abandoned, for you can't see all. There could be a saint praying for you across the world for protection on your behalf. Our minds are programmed to find evidence and when it doesn't reveal itself quickly enough, we automatically take the easy way out and say God or our loved ones abandoned us. This just isn't the case. The alternative scenario only becomes the truth if we decide it is the truth. I pray for you to have strength and clarity in this situation. Also, I agree with the others on this post that you need to speak out against it. As long as you show this thing fear, it will take advantage of it.

Be Blessed,
Elle
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I just want to say that it's hard to depend on our own strength at times. Every single person has a weakness, and a life can end just like that *snaps fingers*. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you for sharing
angelkisses63 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Thank you all very much for all your ideas, I appreciate it.:) BlueTurtle, I have never told my mom but then my mom is the type of person that would just brush me off and tell me that I am imagining things besides I now live about a state away from her now. I had hoped that it was simply the house that I was living in, but it seems that it wasn't and with a new house it's still there. I also seem to keep having weird dreams lately, that terrify me to no end.
Redphx, I would really like think that there is someone to protect me against this things and who or whatever she is. I'm scared but I will keep fighting to never let whatever this is inside me as it often tries to do. Thank for all your prayers, I will be sure to let everyone know how things progress.
Csprstrykpr (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Wow, this does sound very frightening and there in lies the POWER this thing is feeding off of...FEAR. Your fear is like a battery source. You said that sleeping with the angels in the living room helped for a time... Whatever angels are I am not one to say but there is protection that you are actually witnessing. Speak to them and ask them to surround you. If there is anyone you can trust to pray WITH you, there is power in that... In numbers. That's why this thing gets at you when you are alone, trying to isolate you. Ask for help from your cousin, you can trust him. Stand together in battling this entity. Ask the angels to bring other angels and surround you...I've seen this work wonders.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
this is a good example of a guardian protecting you. This was a demon. Your cousin didn't pawn him off on you. He came to your house on his own accord. He probably actually followed your cousin to your house and stayed.

Praying doesn't always work. The reason being is that the prayer means nothing if you don't have the emotion behind it. God is not a genie. Prayer works for some people because the person doing the prayer feels strength from it. The person feels more powerful because they think they are getting direct help from whoever they are praying to. They aren't. They are getting direct help from themselves. People need to give themselves more credit. If praying doesn't work its because you don't think it will.

So that being said. YOU are the answer to this question. You are the one who is living with a demon and you were protected by your spirit guide because you could not protect yourself. What I recommend is that you KNOW for sure without a doubt that you have guides around you to protect you. Draw their energy and use it. Know that you are not alone in your fight. This will make you feel stronger and then you will be able to keep this entity away from you. In order to make a demon move out you need to be strong and you need to make its life a living hell. The demon needs to feel threatened and uncomfortable enough that he decides you are too much of a hassle and they move on.

That is my recommendation for your situation. Know that you have help and use this knowledge to fight your own battle. Become a soldier. Become a cocky confident SOB that won't take crapola from anyone. Become a person who will defend themselves at all costs and that you are stronger than any stupid demon who is trying to hurt you.

Entities of any sort seek homes where they will be happy. Make him unhappy if you still feel him around. Envision your white light surrounding you and your house and your family (including your cousin).
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I don't know what your relationship with your mom has been (or is) like, but the first thing I would do is to be honest with her and tell her what you've been experiencing. The worst that could happen is she doesn't believe you but, as a parent, I feel at least that it's her job to protect you. Reach out to your cousin and find out what his experiences were like, maybe you can find a way to beat this thing by working together.

This thing, whatever it is, is as malevolent presence that needs to go away. I realize you're not very religious, but try all venues, including inviting a priest over to bless the house. Try cleansing methods like smudging or lighting candles and opening all windows. Be assertive and demand in a firm tone that this spirit is to leave you alone, leave the house, and never come back.

I'm sure you will get more help and advice, but it's really up to you and what you decide. Unfortunately, you are the only one it seems to be attracted to, besides your cousin, so you're the only one who can initiate a way to get rid of it. Be firm, be brave, and stay strong. It seems like you have another spirit in play to keep it at bay, but I wouldn't rely on that as back-up. I wish you the best of luck. ❤
astronutties (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
This sounds like it would be horrible to live with! 😢

Praying is a good step but there is more you can do. Instead of just praying for God to help you in these situations, tell this entity that it is not welcome and that, in God's name, you demand for it to leave you alone.

I realise that this sounds silly in light of what you're experiencing, but by acknowledging this thing's presence, it will feed of this. You need to make it as clear as you possibly can that it is not welcome in your home and that you give it no permission to come anywhere near you.

I'll be praying for you and that this thing will leave you alone! 😊
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
The funny thing is that God is the only one that gives a crap! I would have cried to his reaction! Maybe your cousin was into some dark stuff. Once you open youself to that you can't get out of it! I bet you that he messed with a board or something! Could have been some kind of entity that a friend of his put on him that nessed with a darker power! I have to say you are awesome for keeping the faith! KEEP IT UP! Say this (JESUS,JESUS,JESUS) its has to leave in the name of the Lord! God bless and Amen

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: