You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Things That Could Never Be Explained

Real Ghost Stories

Things That Could Never Be Explained

 

I don't know where to begin with this story, it all started after me and my room mate stopped being friends and I bought my first house. It was built in 1954 and was abandoned from 1979 until about 1991. I fell in love with the house the moment I saw it, it was small and had such a lovely retro feel to it.

I suppose the first thing that I noticed was odd within the first few days was the complete lack of animal life in the yard, I never saw nor heard a single bird or squirrel. It had an eerie silence to the place. In my first week of living there I remember that a can of soup had mysteriously made its way from the kitchen cabinet to behind my pillow. I hadn't had any guests in the house and I could see no reason for me having put it there.

After that about a week later I was sound asleep at around 2:30 a.m. my doorbell rang four times, very loud distinct rings. I got up and went to the front door, but no one was there, still half asleep I cursed the kids next door thinking they were playing tricks on me. However, before I went back, I glanced at the door bell. To my surprise the button was completely missing and the whole mechanism looked broken, I tried to ring the bell but with no luck, this sent a wave of fear up my spine, and I slept with the light on for two nights after.

After living in the house for several moths with a few weird happenings here and there, I decided to invite over a lifelong friend of mine, I'll call him Gary. Gary has never expressed any interest in the paranormal we have known each other since we were 10, it just wasn't something that interested him.

Before going to my new home, Gary and I had gone out to lunch, his personality was normal as well as his color. I noticed almost right away his attitude changed after we were in the house, as well as his color began to look pale. He started getting easily aggravated about little things, and started swearing frequently, he was like a whole different person.

At about 8:30 Gary just stood up and walked into the guest bedroom and went to sleep. He didn't even say anything he just left! I shrugged it off and went to bed myself shortly after. At about 1:10 a.m. I woke up to the noise of Gary power puking in the bathroom, I got out of bed and went to assist him in the bathroom.

When I walked in he was completely nude and curled into a ball rambling "This place, this place is not right!" or something to that effect. I decided to call 9-11 thinking he was on LSD or something along those lines.

The next morning I visited him in the Hospital, I asked him what had happened to him. He told me the doctors found no cause of the extreme vomiting or delusions, in fact the EMTS told him he started coming to "reality" shortly before arriving to the hospital. Gary also told me from the moment he entered the house, he began to feel very strange and that he kept getting grotesque and disturbing thoughts and images in his head, and felt a heavy presences lurking over him. Needless to say he refused to return to the house.

This incident deeply disturbed me.

I lived in the house for six more months, living with unexplained noises and things being moved to weird places before I finally had gotten fed up with what ever it was in the house. I sold the house and moved out within a month. To this day when I drive by the home, I get a sinking feeling in my gut and I just want to run for my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annonomous, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Did you ever get really sick yourself like your friend? Funny this didn't effect you as fast it did your friend. Did you notice any personality changes of your self? Did you get a little pale too? You experienced some weird things but at least you remained healthy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
In one of our houses this same thing would happen to guests in our home. They would be ill in my daughters bedroom. We would take them to another room and eventually they would get better. We also sent people to the doctors where they got a clean bill of health. When we began getting sick we also would receive a clean bill of health. We, as a family were the last in the line to fall ill though, usually it affected our guests first. That story is called "What Is Following Us?" on here.
I would be interested in knowing why these things seem to chose a person too. I got the explanation about maybe invisible, odorless gases. Thank you for sharing your story
jaque (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-14)
😕
Not sure what I think of this story. I feel like everything that I have heard of evil entities effects most of the people they are around. I am not a professional just wondering.
juliya (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
wow. That's crazy. But I'm still puzzled as to why the "entity" or evil spirit if you will, only effected your friend as it did. And what about the images your friend described to you? What were they? Just curious.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
wow,
I've read stories of hostile spirits attacking one or two people exclusively.
your lucky your friend left when he did and I think so are you
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
Oh, wow. I wonder what that was all about. That's incredibly strange, and I wonder why nothing happened to you - and only Gary. Very strange.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
That house is defiantly haunted because that is very creepy indeed please check out my story "the ragged looking man" love, the melon lover
nhouse (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
It sounds like the spirit which was inhabiting the house was targeting your friend. If he had continued to stay in the house, I'm sure your friend would have probably killed himself.
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
Can you describe the 'unexplained noises' you mentioned in the final paragraph of your story? Were these the doorbell rings, or were there more noises you heard? I am just wondering.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
I don't really know what to make of this story. I believe the author is trying to convey that the home had an evil presense to it and that while they were not taken over by this entity their friend was. One interesting thing I found was the lack of animal life in the yard. I also wonder if this went as far as the home itself. Were there mice or rats or evidence of them being in this home? Being abandoned for so long it would obviously have had some type of infestation. Homes like these are the ones I love to investigate the most, as they usually have an every day explaination to them, I.E. High voltage lines near the home. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: