You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Cold

Real Ghost Stories

Something Cold

 

I have mentioned in other stories, or maybe in comments, that lately I've been feeling my bed move when I'm trying to fall asleep. I have even seen my sheets move when I am completely frozen still. I have done some research on the internet to see if this is probably some kind of medical condition. I don't know, maybe some kind of vertigo, even though that wouldn't explain the sheets moving. I have cleansed my room, burnt sage and incense but sadly it still happens. I now try to ignore it because it was really affecting my sleep and therefore my sanity. I would constantly be nodding off at work from lack of sleep and was just overall miserable. I'm used to it by now and nothing else happens so I just let it be.

Well, about a week ago I woke up in the middle of the night and was about to turn on my side when I felt a really cold sensation on my arm. I'm not sure if it was a gust of wind or if something rubbed against my arm but it was ice cold. I was alert in a matter of a split second. What was probably more strange to me was the terror I felt, I was too scared to move and turn on the lamp, I was even afraid to open my eyes because I didn't want to see anything. I stayed unmoving for what seemed forever, trying to make myself believe that it was probably a gust of wind. But, from where? Door and windows were closed, I have no AC in the room, just a fan that was off. I finally was able to move a little and felt the remote control lying next to me in bed. Somehow the TV noise and the light gave me the courage to open my eyes and look around the room. Everything looked normal.

Fast forward to this morning, 11/12. My alarm went off, I reach out to my night stand and turn it off. I stay with my eyes closed for maybe 5 minutes and I guess I was beginning to doze off again when I feel a freezing cold gust of wind in my face. I almost jumped off the bed, I sat up and looked around and again, there is nothing off. I don't know what is causing this. Even if it was a gust of wind coming in through a window, I live in California, it is not that freezing cold here.

The only other thing that has happened several times that is somewhat similar to this is that I have felt a drop of cold water land on my head or back and when I touch I don't feel anything wet. It drives me crazy and have looked this up on the internet to see I can get some ideas of what it can be. I have found nothing to my satisfaction.

So, I'm here to see if this has happened to anyone or if anyone has any ideas of what it could be?

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-21)
Haven ~ I too am leery of medications. I hope your alternative works and you can get some good sleep. Also glad the fire is not near you.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Cuddlebear - Yes, he gave me something for the anxiety but I would rather not take the medication. There are other methods I'm going to try that will help me cope with stress better. Just being able to recognize what is happening when is happening helps me control them. I have to tell myself that I'm not having a heart attack and that I have to calm down and get a grip. I take a deep breath, focus and that usually does the trick. I don't get them a lot anymore, thank god because they are very scary.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Cuddlebear -

My family and I are safe from the fires, thanks for asking. The fires are too close for comfort but luckily we're in no immediate danger. โค
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Haven ~

Glad you saw the doc. Did he give you anything for the anxiety?

Trust you're well and I hope these negative visits end.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Haven,

I'm glad you were able to get a thorough check up from your doctor. Although, anxiety is a terrible condition and can be quite debilitating. I've read a theory where certain individual's that suffer from anxiety... That it can be caused by a sensitivity to energy and spirit. A sort of side effect if you will. Perhaps this might make sense for you? Just an idea.

The spirits 'passing through' and beacon of light theory... I think there are many people that experience this, but may dismiss any activity because it's hit or miss, usually random. It is an interesting thought regardless and will make sense to some. I believe it anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dee
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi, Dee - Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I had my thyroid checked about 6 months ago and everything was fine. I went through some extensive testing, my doctor was very thorough. I passed out during a workout so I got a lot of tests done, turns out I was just dehydrated. After that, I noticed that my heart would race and I would get shaky and lightheaded so I went back. Doctor ran even more tests, turns out it's anxiety and I was having panic attacks. Go figure...

I've been told by more than one person that I have a strong, bright light that draws spirits in. I was told to take care and always be protected because darkness will follow light. I have noticed that I attract negative but they always seem to only just "pass through". So, you are 100% right, I'm impressed. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi, Cuddlebear - I will get checked if it continues to happen. Thank you!
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi, Jubeele - thanks for your suggestions. I will continue to do the cleansings, they work for the most part. I will start keeping a journal, that's a great idea, maybe I will be able to see some kind of pattern. I have googled medical conditions for feeling cold spots and did find some conditions but I don't have any of the other symptoms. I passed out during a workout session and my friend insisted on taking me to the emergency room. There they did a bunch of tests and everything came out normal, the only thing wrong with me was that I was dehydrated. Other than that, I'm fine. I will go back and get checked out of it keeps happening just to rule that out.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi Twilight - I have been doing cleansings, they do seem to work. The activity in the rest of the house has stopped, it seems to be in my bedroom now. I've always felt something there off and on for a long time now. It annoys me more than anything, what scares me is the surprise, things happen when I least expect them. I hate getting scared that way so I get angry but then I go back to sleep or keep doing what I was doing.

I'm very interested in what you're experiencing, please let us know your theory. I hope things get better for you too.

Take care.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi, Melda - I have felt touches, felt someone sit on my bed, I have seen the sheets move and a couple of times have seen a black mass rush at me. The thing is I have never felt as scared as I have when I felt the cold touch/breeze on my arm even though it's the one incident that can be explained. I tend to ignore a lot of things I see and feel, I just turn over and fall asleep. Sometimes I mumble "leave me alone" or "go away" or I kick the bed. Most of the time I'm more annoyed than scared. I don't know what it is about these cold feelings that frighten me so much.

I have cleansed my house and will keep doing it, it has worked for me.

Thank you.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi, RCRusckin - I live in San Diego, about 5 minutes away form the US/Mexico border. The weather here has been between 70 and 75 degrees the last few weeks.

The 'breeze' I felt was ice cold, the weird thing is that with windows and doors closed there is usually no breeze. Aside from that, I was facing away from the windows.

Thanks.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-19)
Haven,

I'm sorry you are going through this. Lack of sleep or just poor quality of sleep can wreak havoc on our body and mind. I'm with Jubeele on seeking medical advice. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 15 years ago and you'd be surprised on how much our thyroid controls/regulates our bodily functions. It's worth a chat with your doctor or at least some research on your end anyway. You never know. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I've also experienced something similar... Feeling a presence by my bed, my shirt and hair tugged randomly (never in a malicious way), etc. I have a theory (and many others) that some individuals are a beacon of some sort to spirits. Basically a light that draws spirits in for some reason. It doesn't mean that we draw in negative energy necessarily, but perhaps lost souls or those just 'passing through'. I could go on and on, but wanted to give a different perspective, similar to Melda's thoughts. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Please keep us updated, I wish you the best โค
Dee
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2018-11-19)
I'm with Jubeele on this. Get a check up feeling cold could be a medical issue. At least eliminate that as a possibility.

Sincerely hope the fires raging in Cali are away from you and that you and yours are safe from all dangers.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2018-11-19)
Haven, it's not good that your sleep is affected. Does it only happen in your bedroom? What if you switch rooms and sleep elsewhere, would that make a difference? Have you tried moving your bed into another position and check around for black mould or something? Maybe the rearranging of furniture might improve the airflow, have more natural light coming onto to the bed. ๐Ÿค”

I'm also concerned that you felt terror and not just startled fright. You said your children were baptised. Depending on your religious beliefs, have you tried asking a priest for help, or maybe get some holy water or a talisman? But again, this will all depend on your personal belief.

Just as a precaution, you can also get a thorough medical examination done for blood, nervous system, thyroid, adrenal gland etc. Anything to eliminate that it isn't some physical ailment. Perhaps you can start keeping a journal as to the time, weather, your general state of health and description of what took place. It might help you detect an emerging pattern, be it paranormal or otherwise. Take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Twilight - please share your experiences when you've tested out your theory. Hope all goes well for you too. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Twilight - Please share your experience with us when you're ready to do so. I'm sure many of us would be interested in reading it.

Regards, Melda
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Haven, I hate to hear as far as having any help with the cleansing, it hasn't really made any difference for your home. I know I've heard on rare occasions here, that unfortunately it doesn't always help the problem. Which really raises the question of what exactly you're dealing with ๐Ÿ˜• whether it be something supernatural, or something logical. I've had things happen in my room at night, around my bed, and sometimes on my bed, that has me lost to what it could be. But I've been able to just ignore it, since it's things that though odd, I can easily just write off. I do have something happening that is becoming harder to ignore, that started almost 3 months ago. In September, I noticed what look like a tiny paw print on the lower side of my thumb, that were made of tiny scratch marks, except for where the pad of a paw is, which was kind of like a small burn. I couldn't figure out how I got it, or exactly when, but I still just brushed it off. I did take some pictures of it, just in case there was more to this, that I didn't know yet. Well oddly enough, the very same time the next month in October, I was putting my son on the bus, and felt this burning sensation on that same thumb, same spot. I looked down to see why I felt this, and what do you know, again I had what looked like something tiny scratched me. It wasn't paw shaped this time, but still looked like something tiny quickly scratched me. I did not feel this when I woke up. It wasn't until I was in the car, waiting for my son's bus to come, when I started to feel it burn. Which after noticing I had that scratch in the same spot, same thumb, I started to feel something in the car with me, sitting in the back seat (it was still dark outside too, making it even freakier for me). I took a picture of that scratch too, and now have a theory that I'm testing out, but have another week I'd say to be able to see if I've found a pattern in it. If there is, I'll share if anyone's interested? I do hope that the more experienced members here will be able to help you out, on what's going on in your home. I pray it doesn't get worse. Please keep us updated, and thank you for sharing another one of your experiences with us ๐Ÿ˜Š
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Haven - I don't quite know how to reply to you. What you are experiencing is obviously scaring you but it really might not be anything malevolent.

I must admit that I have had a few inexplicable experiences myself. I have felt touches during the night on my left arm and left leg because when I sleep on my right side I have my arm and leg on top of the duvet, not under it; especially at this time of the year when it's pretty hot in South Africa. During the winter time when I'm fully covered I feel my hair being ruffled. I find it rather comforting. I don't know whether something like that would frighten you.

You mentioned that you were terrified, which is obviously not a good thing. You have been on YGS for a while now, so you are aware of cleansing methods which you can use.

I also know, from reading your previous experiences, that you have had some really frightening things happening in your houses. Sometimes things happen which aren't necessarily bad. I've experienced good, bad and in between ๐Ÿ˜•.

I'm looking forward to reading the comments and your responses.

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-18)
Hi, Haven. Feeling a bit sleepy so about to lay down for a nap, and I plan to ponder your experience some. I just have one question about the breeze. California is a big state and has a wide variety of climates in it. Do you live in Northern, Central, Southern or Southeastern California?

Feel free to not answer if you feel this question inappropriate. Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: