You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experience At The Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience At The Cemetery

 

I was walking in Decatur, Illinois, Greenwood Cemetery's path when I saw two figures which I could've sworn were two people smoking a cigarette and I was in need of one. So I asked the people (figures) if they had a cigarette they could spare. One of them turned around and all I saw was a dark shadow with red eyes. It then turned around and both of them evaporated into thin air that was my first encounter with an entity of what could have been a demonic presence. I than turned myself, ran to the car and drove off as fast as I could. Now I have been told of stories in Greenwood but never thought them to be true, but hell was I wrong.

Two weeks later I went with a friend back to Greenwood to see if we could see any other entities. It was about 1:30am and we go through this hole in the fence to get to the actual cemetery part. We saw two deer in the distance when we heard what sounded like a stampede. We look to our right and see about six deer running towards us and one runs straight towards my friend. When he went to jump out the way, another one goes straight through him and he falls to the ground for twenty minutes complaining that he felt like all his energy was drained.

He finally gets up and we walk a little further and see a an old cellar entrance that was chained and locked shut. Now this area used to be a house so we just walk on past, but as soon as we walk past we hear children laughing. We turn around to see three kids standing next to the cellar with the door wide open. As quick as we looked, they yelled at the top of their lungs and they disappeared and the cellar slammed shut and it was as though it had never happened. The lock and chains were back on the door. We went over to see if maybe the lock was loose and just as I went to touch the lock, I was pushed to the ground as if someone didn't want me to mess with it. My friend who was six foot five, ran screaming like a little school girl right out of the cemetery.

Today if I hear someone talking about going to mess around at Greenwood Cemetery, I tell them to mind the presences that reside because they will not allow someone to mess with their area. I still visit Greenwood and still see presences. My advice, though? Mind yourself if you decide to tour Greenwood Cemetery.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GrimlinGod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GrimlinGod (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
thank you for your support but when you guys make it sound like that I think I may have stirred up some of the spirits but I have always believed in them and wanted a closer look.
ALA715 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-05)
I am not a professional in the realm of paranormal but it's never a good idea to mess aeoung in a graveyard. It's an Eve worse idea when you know that there are spirits and possibly worse roaming around.
imlovinit (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Sorry but you climbed through a hole in the fence to walk about a graveyard at night, that's breaking and entering and to be honest pretty selfish on those who rest there because your simply just entertaining your friend not been genuine.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
BrokenTree: Here's a really cool link about the cemetery in question. Given the history of the land, it's no wonder there is so much activity.

Http://www.haunteddecatur.com/greenwood.html
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
Excuse me a moment but I need to get a very specific pair of boots out of my kit before I excavate this cemetery.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: