You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Guardian Cat

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Cat

 

Many years ago, when I was born, we bought this cat and named it "Rasmus." His fur is elegant, orange like but more yellow glow.

I grew up with this cat, and I've always felt a unique bond with that cat, above anyone else, even more unique bond that I had with my family, and I do love them. It was like he was protecting me everywhere I went. Even helped my parents to locate me if I had gone wild in the forest in Norway as child.

Unlike any other cat, he was like the king of all cats nearby. Everyone bowed down to him, but not with fear, but with respect. A few years after we bought him, we brought another cat we still have, that we named "Sarah," a cat with very strong personality. They 2 was like a couple, it's a rare thing I ever get to see between cats. Anyway, I just wanted to explain what this cat meant for me.

When I turned 13, the cat got older and older, but still in good shape, but his back legs got weaker and weaker. I do remember he was once shot in his leg but was healed. However, he got worse and worse, and before it was too late, my mom and dad and my family, all of us, took him to the doctor to end his pain. He was in deep pain, and couldn't walk anymore, barely move.

My heart broke once we left and got home. But it didn't feel like goodbye. For days, weeks I cried, I loved him so a lot. I can't explain how badly it hurt. Until one night, I don' know if I was asleep or not, but he lays silent in my bed, with a magical, unique glow. Starring at me, and I slowly, pet him, with all the time we have left. It was like we was speaking with our heart's and mind, and I lifted him up, and held him tight to my chest, and he slowly disappeared, and the last word I got to say was... "Goodbye."

It was the most amazing feeling in the world. I knew it was him, I knew he was there, and I am sane. I could feel his fur, and I could recognize him. I finally got to say goodbye, and spend the last time I had with him. Who wouldn't want 3 more minutes with lost ones. He was more then a cat. He was a part in my life, that raised me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Samuel_Laeon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-07)
I felt like weeping, it's so sincere and poignant. I have never had a visitation from my pet, mine was a dog. Cats are really something, I don't have one of my own but when I feed some cats they alw remember me and come:)
earthangel0410 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
I love your story I have a few cats of my own and just like you I have a bond with all of them they all have unique personalities, 1 of them actually let's me know who's safe to enter our home if he doesn't like a person he'll let me know he was so protective of me while I was bed ridden he did not leave my side. When they first arrived to meet me he checked them out I picked the nurses out from the way he reacted with them. He made sure he stayed with me in the bed for almost a month he did leave he slept right on my pillow with me and only time he'd get up was to use the litter box some times he wouldn't eat. I mean he would not leave the bed unless I got up. I saved him almost 10 years ago on Easter night and I probably end up dying of heart break. And I recently saved another cat 8 months ago, He will attack a person if he thinks I'm in danger cause he did to my. Ex boyfriend we joking around and all of a sudden he just started stalking him he wanted to attack him I got scared for my ex. And I had a few cats that's passed away a few years ago one was 21yrs old the other 22yrs old I was so devastated I cried for months, They were staying with a family member. We got them cremated, their spirits never visited me so you were so blessed to be able to say bye to your beloved"Rasmus".
earthtogillian (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
First of all, I would like to point out how massively jealous I am for not having this kind of bond with my cat. Well, I did. But I guess it wasn't strong enough that she (her name's Cyber) would come back for some good minutes to say her goodbyes. You are very lucky for this relationship you had with your cat and I'm sorry for your loss.

Secondly, I have been told by many about spirits imitating loved ones. I don't know the veracity of it but I have been provided with the gift and I could very much feel that this is not the case with this story. I do think what you saw was very much your cat with which you had a very strong bond with.

Thirdly, when you saw your cat, was it like healthy or was it like the way it was before it had died? Most ghosts would say their last goodbyes to their loved ones showing up looking very well and not in a lot of pain.

This is a story I definitely enjoyed reading and you are very blessed to have had that experience. I will be very much posting my experiences when ygs enables publishing of stories. Hope all is well for you! 😁 😊 ❤
Fearless (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Well that's the best thing I like bout cats they are truly magnificent animals and really clean I've got two of em jolly and rose.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hello Samuel_Laeon, that was a nice description of what you experienced with you cat. I a sorry for your loss. Who says that love exists only between human beings. It can also exist between humans and animals and here is one more example to prove it and even after passing away of your cat.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Wow that's amazing. Something about cats. A lot of people in my neighborhood have ghost cat stories. Some of them very helpfull ghost cats, so this would be great if you had updates. Nice story.
Szaffi (37 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Awwww. I know exactly what you are talking about. My cat Lucy passed away 2 years ago. But some nights I can still feal her little paws walking on my duvet and puting her bum on my legs.
hunting_for_answers_ (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
Wow! Just WOW! I love this story so much, it actually brought tears to my eyes. I know the feeling that you felt with your cat. I feel it now with my dog Ko Ko Puff. I feel like we are weird soul mates (but not like a boyfriend girlfriend kind of soul mates, like a friend--friend soul mate kind of thing). She's been with me since the summer before 6th grade, and I am graduated from high school now. I've grown up with this dog, and I love her with all my heart. I'm very jealous of you, actually!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Samuel_Laeon,
The bond that you had with Rasmus does not strike me as odd. Each cat has its own personality, and some of them even exhibit traits we often contribute to dogs.
Whether you were asleep or not does not matter in this case. You got to say good bye and that is what truely matters.
~Val

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: