You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Cemetery Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Cemetery Ghosts

 

I have been a part of a paranormal research team for several years. Each weekend, we go to a new location in our town that is said to be haunted. I will try to be very specific about what happened during this investigation the best I can, but if you have any questions, just ask.

This story starts at our most recent investigation. We were at a very old, very haunted cemetery in our town called Jordan Cemetery. When we first got there, it was still light outside. We weren't very creeped out. We even felt comfortable enough to split up for a little while. And then, things started happening. I was walking toward the back right corner of the cemetery when I felt someone come up behind me and wrap their arms around me. I thought that it was my boyfriend, who is also a member of our team, so I smiled and turned around. But when I turned, no one was there. We had split up and my boyfriend was all the way across the cemetery, along with the other two members of our team who were at different ends. I started getting really scared and went back to our meeting point.

When we got back together, it was getting very dark. We went over to sit on a bench near one of the graves when suddenly, my boyfriend and I saw a shadow duck behind a tree. We got up to investigate and just as we got about ten yards away from the bench we were sitting at, I turned around and saw a small, black shadow figure running toward us. I started freaking out and pointed it out to my team. All of us saw it at the same time and started backing away, but we managed to keep our cameras on it and catch it on film just as it started to fade away.

Once it faded, we stayed for a little while to see if it would return, but it never did so we turned and walked away. About halfway across the cemetery we got a very odd feeling and stopped in our tracks. We stayed in the same spot, dead silent until a woman's voice broke the silence. It said, "Right now there is a-" and the rest was unintelligible. My team and I went nuts. The voice was loud enough to be caught on our cameras.

Just as we calmed down, we heard very loud music right next to us. We started turning around and looking for the source and then I realized that I recognized the song. It was "Somebody To Love" by Queen and it was coming from my iPod which was in my bag and had been shut down completely. How it could have turned on and started playing music by itself is unexplainable. We started cheering and thanking the spirit for letting its presence be known. And just as we stopped, we looked up to see a large black figure of a woman standing across the graveyard from us only to disappear and we got a very weird, uneasy feeling and left to go to our next location which was another cemetery. There is still a running funeral home next to it, so I'm going to leave out the name.

We didn't stay here for very long and not much happened except for this one incident. I was walking with my team and a random song popped into my head. I had never heard the song before, but I couldn't get it out of my head. I thought things were going fine. But the next thing I knew, I was halfway across the cemetery from where I had originally been, my whole body was tingling and my team was yelling at me to "snap out of it". I asked what had happened and they told me that I had totally zoned out and had started singing an eerie sounding song and was staring off into the distance and wandering away from them. My boyfriend also mentioned that my eyes were very dilated. At first, I thought that they were pranking me and didn't believe them. I didn't want to believe them. But they swore on their lives that they were telling the truth and had even gotten a glimpse of me on camera when I had just started singing the song.

Other hauntings by EveryHour

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EveryHour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
It sounds more like the one from O Brother Where Art Thou. The lyrics seem kind of similar from what I remember, but I just can't tell for sure.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Hmmm a similiar tune would be All the Pretty Little Horses - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWoPsyY8CZY
Sadly both these songs, although considered lullabies are actually about dieing children. Now that's kind of creepy!
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
If it sounded like that song then it was either bluegrass or folk. And it didn't necessarily need someone famous for singing to be in the cemetery for someone to know it. There is the possibility that an ordinary individual would know it and sing it, or cause you to sing it...
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
BadJuuJuu...it actually sounded A LOT like that song, but I don't think that was it.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Well, you would need a bit more to narrow down the field. "Go to sleep little baby" is a very common line in many many songs.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Go to sleep little baby? Reminds me of one of my favorite songs from O Brother Where Art Thou. No idea if this is the song or not, but it is sort of eerie.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlCbx4dngwE
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
I kind of remember "Go to sleep little baby." I know that that sounds really creepy, but its true.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Hey EveryHour, thanks so much for clearing that up for me! 😊
The song you were singing, do you recall any of the lyrics? I might be able to help locating it.
~Val
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
I agree. As soon as I can, I will try to post the evidence. I have also tried finding the song but I can't find it anywhere.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
What an experience and sorry to repeat everyone else but yes please do share a link so that we may view these camera video's ourselves and get a better feel of your experience too.

I wonder if that song ever existed and if so how you would go about try to locate it other than maybe searching for lyrics if it had any or I suppose you could Google "Scary tunes" or see if anyone in your town had been a singer in that genre... Not too sure but I just know I love those melodies 😊
EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Valkricry, I'm sorry. Let me clarify. I've been a part of a paranormal group for several years, but last year, I started my own with my own friends as lead investigator. I'm sorry about any confusion. And as for the evidence, it is on the camera of one of the members. I'm trying to get him to send it to me. Once he does, hopefully I will be able to post it.
FRAWIN (24 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
EveryHour, I find your story very interesting but like the others I would like to see your "evidence". If you need help posting it contact the moderators and they can walk you through it. Looking forward to the "Reveal". 😐

FRAWIN
raphdragon02 (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
We sure would like to get a peek at the things you caught on tape.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-27)
If you got it on camera, may we see it? I would very much like to see what happened for myself... 😲
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Hi EveryHour, would you be able to post the image or link to the video of the shadow figure you captured?

I hope that your team is respectful of the places you visit... And that you are aware of what precautions to take, to keep anything from following you home? (Not that I actually know what method you would use for those protections/precautions... I just know it's important if you are out investigating & maybe stirring things up!). 😐

Best wishes, and thank you for sharing your experience! 😁
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Everyhour,
I am confused as I've read all 3 of your stories. In
Crazy Paranormal Investigation you state, "Last year, we started a ghost hunting group". Judging by the date on your story (4/9/13) that would have been 2012. Yet your first line here is that you have been a member of a paranormal research team for several years? Could you clarify that for me?
Is it possible for you to upload that film for our veiwing? It would be cool to see it.
~Val
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
I suggest that you take precautions before caring any paranormal investigations like taking your holy book or holy water and a cross.
This ensures your safety.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: