You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Laundry

Real Ghost Stories

Laundry

 

This will be my first time to publish my story in this site. I was encouraged to share my personal experience after reading the stories. I may not have "the gift" to see the unseen but as normal as I am, I have also my personal experiences.

My first experience was way back elementary days. As far as I can remember, I was 8 years old at that time. My 2nd degree cousin, Kaylie and her grandmother (my grandmother's sister, Lola Anita) came to our house in Cebu City to have a vacation for a couple of weeks. Being the only child in an extended family at that time, I was extremely happy and excited that they will be staying over. Our subdivision at that time was new with few houses so I didn't have any playmates yet. We played all day and enjoyed so much. My cousin lives in Bohol so we only meet at rare occasions but we are very close like sisters.

Tired of playing all day, we decided that we should sleep together in our living room. We choose it there so we can watch tv before we sleep. Kaylie slept first while I was still watching "Beh bote nga". I was getting ready to doze off when I heard someone brushing clothes. Here in the Philippines, most women do hand washing rather than using washing machine. The sound I heard was like brushing a pants. It's impossible for anybody to be washing clothes late at night. It was around 11:30pm when that happened. As I listened harder, trying to figure out where it came from, the swishing and swashing sounds became louder so I wake Kaylie up and told her to listen. She said "Maybe there's someone in the poso (hand pump, source of water) washing clothes". I told her "It's impossible, everyone's asleep and we're the only people here." We tried to listen harder but it grew louder and louder and it even pumped our POSO harder. It's as if it was in a hurry finishing the laundry. My cousin suggested that we take a peak in the window to see who it was. Of course I said NO WAY! I feared that we might see something outside so what we did instead was to run in my grandparents' room and we awaken my Lola because we were already screaming.

We told her what happened but she said she didn't hear anything. It's weird though because the window of my lola's room is also facing the poso, just like the window in our living room and she should have heard it because the windows in her room were open. My Lola saw the fear in our faces so she let us sleep with her and my lolo. After what happened, we never slept in the living room again.

This is isn't the only scary event that happened in our house. There are a lot more. My Lola Anita said that there used to be a big mango tree in the place were our house stood. It was cut off when my grandparents bought the lot to build our house. She said there may be elementals living in our house with us. Creepy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristina_marquez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Hi zetafornow and DelzLdy --

Thanks for your comment. It's been a while since I last logged in. More power!

Best regards,
Kristina ❤
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing;-)

Can you explain what "elementals" are, please? I'm afraid I've never heard that term.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Oh no... I hope when I become part of the spirit world... If I do, I won't have to still do laundry! 😜 Anyway, this is quite a story and an experience. I am glad that your grandma let you kids sleep with her.

Zeta.
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hello sds,

Thank you for your cmment. I see that you have another point of view with my experience and I understand and respect that.

Respectfully yours,
Kristina
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi valkricry,

I can't imagine as to what might have happen if my cousin and I would have peeped through the window. My grandparents are not that old yet when this happend. I just don't understand why the didn't hear that sound. But thanks for your comment by the way.

Yours,
Kristina Ü
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi Marine,

Im happy to know that you're also from Cebu. Kasabot ka ug bisaya? Hehe... I'll definitely be reading your stories...
Thanks for your comment.

Best regards,
Kristina Ü
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi kristina_marquez, I feel that you should have taken the suggestion of your cousin, who said that somebody might have been there near the handpump, trying to hurriedly wash their clothes. Perhaps if your grandma was in deep sleep, perhaps she could not have heard the sound. Also, because you and your cousin were screaming while running inside your grandma's room, I assume the person washing the clothes might have escaped. I am not saying that it is not paranormal but it is always better to rule out the rational possibility before coming to a conclusion whether the encounter is paranormal or not.

With only one encounter of hearing the washing sound and that too since you have not peeped outside, I do understand the fear the sound might have created in your mind, I find it difficult to categorise it as paranormal encounter. I don't mean to offend you but it is just my opinion.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Hi Kristina_Marquez,
I can't help but wonder what you would have seen if you had looked out the window. Strange that you and your cousin could hear it, but not the grandparents.
Although, I did have an adopted Grandma, that if she slept on her right side was deafer than a post, but on her back or left side - I swear she'd hear a pin drop. And there are people who once asleep just stay asleep no matter what.
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Hi Kristina_Marquez - I'm also from Cebu and the house I am currently living in is so haunted. Please check my stories.

Strange activities still happen in this house.

Thanks for sharing
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Hello Amie_16,

Unfortunately we didn't know where it came from but it sounds like it came from the are where our handpump stands. Thanks for your comment =)
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Wow that's a nice story though...
Did you ever find out where was the sound coming from?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: