You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Haunted Floor

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Floor

 

This is something that I will never for as long as I live forget. While traveling Australia, our car broke down outside Alice Springs. We were advised to get a room and the mechanic will fix it tomorrow. We rang up one of the hotels and got a room. They were extremely friendly and got us in straight away once they heard our story.

We fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows. A few hours later I felt something pulling me awake. I opened my eyes and listened, then I felt the edge of the bed get pushed down as though someone was sitting on the edge of the bed. I knew it wasn't my partner because I could hear him snoring away next to me.

I moved my hand to touch him without alerting whoever was sitting on my bed but my arm wouldn't move. I tried to roll over and get his attention but I was pinned. It felt as though someone was sitting on my chest and holding my arms down. I then found it hard to breath and my eyes filled up with tears. I couldn't move at all, I felt paralyzed. I could move my eyes and open my mouth but nothing came out... I was like this for at least a minute... That was the longest minute of my life.

After a minute my arms simply released and I was able to move, and boy did I move! I jumped out of bed and turned the light on. My partner and I then felt the spot where I felt someone sitting and it was warm... We didn't sleep that night and we left the next morning.

Like I said I will not be forgetting that night in a hurry. We've also recently bought a camper trailer so this doesn't happen again...

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
like it and this can be anything sleep disorder or anything but know what
I don't want to experience that
Never ever
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Thank you for commenting guys, Yes I've done some research on sleep paralysis, and some on the motel, Although I didn't turn up much on the hotel, there has been one death there and it was an old woman who had passed away in her sleep. Now we don't know what room so it may not have been her. But because it was based around the bed I have my suspicions... Thoughts are greatly appreciated:)
tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
hey,your expricence was really scary! I liked your story...:)
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Hey there! Like others said it could be sleep paralysis but I don't think that was the case (no offense to the ones who think it was SP) since you felt the edge of your bed pressing down and when you checked for it, the place was warm, like someone was sitting there. Possibly a spirit dwelling in that room. However if you try to dig in some information about the place, we can have a confirmed result. Thank you.
-Shady
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hey nice story but are you sure this wasn't sleep paralysis? I think it was because you said, " I was pinned and not able to move or say anything" maybe or maybe not!
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a look into that:)
I don't know how you are able to deal with it!
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
You could have been experiencing Sleep Paralysis, as many of the symptoms are in your story. (IE. Not being able to move, or speak, feeling pinned down.) Also the amount of time it lasted a minute or so, is about how long an Isolated Sleep Paralysis experience lasts. I have been dealing with SP, since I was 17. It's annoying, and somewhat scary, but it's just a sleep disorder.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: