You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

Real Ghost Stories

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction

 

My family moved in with me when my husband was ill and then he passed. They are still here with me. They live in the front part of the house and I in the three rooms in the back part.

One morning, I awoke to see my youngest granddaughter standing at the bottom of my bed looking at me with arms to her side. She had bedclothes on that she went to bed with. She went to bed with her hair tied back. I thought it was kind of funny that her hair was down and her curly hair was draping her shoulders. She just stood there and I stared back at her and didn't say anything. Then after about a minute, she disappeared down at the end of the bed. I thought she was playing a trick on me as she sometimes did, so I creeped on hands and knees to the end of the bed to see if she was hiding from me, she wasn't there. She was in her part of the house asleep.

There was also a time when my granddaughter and I, in play, tickled one another's feet. Well, one night she was sleeping with me and under the covers some fingers tickled my foot. I drew my foot back a little because it tickled. I looked over at her and she was sound asleep.

There have been many times that my granddaughter and I would tease one another and it seems that something may have been watching us and teases us later on.

I also, in 2006 bought a webcam, the first one I ever had. I set it up in my computer room thinking I might catch something on it with the motion sensor. The room was dark but the living room light was on and some light filtered into the room. When I played it back I deleted some video because there was nothing on it. But when I came to the last video, near the end of it, there was a smokey form of a little girl, moving about in the right corner of the motion sensored video. She was moving her head looking at the webcam, then she saw a corner of my husband's rocking chair moving with him rocking slightly and she looked toward the living room, looked back at the computer and then disappeared.

Other hauntings by lin66127

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lin66127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
I really appreciate the input I received on my Doppleganger stories. Yes, it could be a young girls' spirit who had taken on my granddaughters' appearance just to get attention. In 2006 I set up my new motion webcam in my computer room off from the living room because I had been hearing strange noises and had seen movements in the room. I have the video of the little girl and boy ghosts that I caught on the motion sensor webcam that I want to get published.
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I really appreciate your comments but I must tell you that my granddaughter is stilling living and it was her standing at the bottom of the bed but it wasn't really her. I would like to know what kind of entity could appear as a loved one who is still living. This happened to me one other time here lately and it appeared as my son-in-law motioning for me in the doorway.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
That was scary! Maybe try speeking with the spirt. It doesn't have to show itself for tchem to hear us. Speak when nobody is home or you wathcing tv. Spirits listen. Maybe she needs help. Thanks for sharring and hope to hear from you sooon and take care
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Hello lin66127, welcome to YGS. You said that you were seeing your granddaughter and that she suddenly disappeared. I agree with others regarding the child. She was trying to catch your attention and if you see her frequently, then try to talk to her in a soft manner, explain to her after speaking to her for a couple of days that she had passed on and you can help her to the light. It is possible. Try it. Kindly keep us posted of any further developments.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Lin66127,

I find it so creepy that the entity was just staring at you from the foot of the bed. I hate it when they do that.

The video that you captured sounds amazing. Do you have an uplink for it somewhere?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
I agree with notjustme. It is most likely an earthbound spirit of a child, and she may have wanted to get closer to you by taking on the image of your granddaughter. Look into the history of the home, and you could find a lot about it. Also being it sounds like you have a great relationship with her, the spirit just wanted the same attention. Child spirits are lost sometimes and are looking for a friendly soul, she may been attracted to that, kind of like a magnet. Have you seen her since? Was there any other occurences before you saw her? Interesting story.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
lin66127 - maybe this child is an earth bound spirit and had been attracted by your younger grand child to you house. Poor little children who lost their lives early have no idea what to do in the afterlife so they hang around and try to play with other living children and people. I am not too sure how to help them, but maybe say a prayer for her and " send" her to the light? Luckily many people here can help out with great suggestions. Good luck and thank you for sharing!-notjustme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: