You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My House Is Haunted Apparently

Real Ghost Stories

My House Is Haunted Apparently

 

My name is Robert Chapman. I'm 16 and I've been interested in the paranormal for years but recently I've been having some real evidence that my house is haunted. I'd like all of your opinions too, if you feel so kind.

I've always heard odd noises in my house that's almost 100 years old. It's an old house, it's to be expected right? Well, I've been hearing noises like a ball being dropped down the steps over and over again.

The most terrifying experience was when I was 7. I heard a loud groaning sound coming from upstairs but I knew there was no one up there because my dad was downstairs sorting clothes and my mother was in the kitchen cooking. But that was about it.

Recently, though, I've been noticing more and more things happening. It started a few months ago when my friend Dustin was staying the night at my house. I was going downstairs to put some clothes in the laundry room and he was less than 30 feet away from me, but he heard loud and clear someone almost doing a scream saying "Jake!". That made us a little paranoid (we were even afraid to take a shower that night) and we remembered something we see a lot on the ghost shows we watch: EVP's (electronic voice phenomenon for those who don't know). So we did a few of them upstairs and in the living room next to my room and we got some responses but we decided to try something else, besides his phone which had a bad recorder.

We used something on my Playstation called the "PS Eye" which records things. We did a few EVP's on there and we've gotten some amazing responses. We've found out there's 5 spirits, one being the owner and one being my 4th great grandfather.

We've had a lot of things happening since then (we've had the door open and close, we've had lights turn on and off, and we've had other things happen). I'll be posting another thing specifically to the EVP's we've gotten since then but until then I want your opinion on one thing that's been puzzling me.

We've been trying to actually see them (the most we've gotten were balls of lights) and we offer them our energy or energy from electrical devices but they never really do. Is there anyway we can actually get them to show themselves? We've also been told that if you offer them your energy that some bad spirits could possess you in the process from you being weak. Is this true too?

All the spirits here are nice (thank goodness) but I live across from a cemetery so some may wander over. Any advice you have about ghost hunting would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Captainnosebleed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
Something that those shows fail to point out (and it drives me crazy) is an invitation to use your energy is an OPEN invitation. Any spirit in the vicinity could take you up on it, and who's to say it could not be multiple energies using it? Bad idea, just plain bad.
You wrote that through EVPs, you've discovered at least 5 spirits in the house. One being the original owner and another your 4th great-grandfather. Have you researched to find out if these claims are true? Think of it this way, a stranger turns up at your door claiming to be your cousin. Do you just accept that, or do you ask questions and do a little digging to be sure? Spirits can be misleading, for what ever reason.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
CPT. Nosebleed:
Just a little reminder:
1. Never, Never - Give your name
2. Never, Never - Give your age
3. You don't know who your talking too.
dwelly (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-31)
As others have said, EVPs are fine. Trying to interact with them is fine as well. I'd advise against offering your energy to them. Not all spirits are good ones. Offering them the energy from an electronic device isn't too bad, but be prepared for what could happen. Contrary to popular belief, bad things don't happen every time spirits are present, but the chance is always there, and it can extremely difficult to rid yourself of a negative entity.

I think the best course of action is to try interacting with the spirits in a respectful way. Don't push them. They're just like people, and sometimes they might not want to be bothered.

If things ever get violent with the spirits, or even hint towards violence, stop contact. Some spirits may appear friendly at first, but end up being less-so. Your own safety is most important.

That being said, your interest in the paranormal is definitely a good thing. Spirits are people, and I'm sure they like that you're willing to talk with them.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck:)
plumeria14 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Its a good thing that you ask first before you try doing it. Never ask a spirit to show himself or herself if you are afraid. The chances of you being safe is not so good. Do not play games with them, for they will play it with you for a long time. Such spirit is seeking attention or he or she could have intentions of harming you. Be safe and if you are afraid, pray. God bless you.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, offering your energy or body to a spirit is extremely dangerous. And if they haven't taken your offer on it, then that may be a respectful spirit. Please don't do that anymore. Yes Evp's are fine, but did the activity increase after the Evp's? If so, then you acknowledged the spirits and now they may just want to communicate, or you aggrivated them in some way. As you have written you have watched some paranormal shows, well haven't you seen them when they offer their energy, and nothing but bad follows? Please be careful.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Do not offer your own energy to an entity. Ever. If something ever takes you up on the offer you will likely regret it. It takes a ridiculous amount of energy for a ghost to manifest or interact with a physical object. You could end up drained and weakened to the point of being unable to protect yourself should the entity try to harm you. Just stop.
EVPs are fine. Photos, videos, fine.
Do not do automatic writing. Don't mess with ouija boards. Don't invite it to touch you or use your body in any way, shape or form. Don't invite to touch anyone else, or use anyone else's body.
The paranormal is not a game. Ghosts are not playthings. Be respectful and for the love of god keep your own safety in mind.
Zaffre6 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
I'm amazed that you really wish to see these spirits. But be careful because not all the spirits are good ones. Some may pretend like being good and can be harmful. Good Luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: