You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My And My Daughter's Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My And My Daughter's Experiences

 

I have never really believed much in "ghost" stories, so I'm not sure what to make of some strange experiences myself and my daughter have had.

I have four children, and have lived in our current house since 2000. The house is about 30 years old, and we have not experienced anything strange until 2010.

Around the corner of our street there is a park with a playground and a concrete footpath winding through it. My daughter was about 11 or 12 at the time, and would walk home from school and cut through this park. One day, she came home a bit scared and said that while walking through the park she had heard footsteps behind her on the concrete. She had turned around, but nothing was there. We dismissed it and thought nothing more about it.

A few days later, she came home scared again. She believed that while walking, a hand had grabbed her around her ankle, and stopped her from walking. Once she turned around, the feeling passed, and she came straight home. I told her she was starting to scare me too!

A couple more days later, she made it through the park and was walking down our street. She was completely alone in the street, but suddenly felt as though someone had bumped into her shoulder while passing, even though no one was there! This was her last experience of this kind. Nothing like this has happened to her since, but she can still remember it, even though she is now 15.

In 2012, I had a couple of weird experiences. I was standing in my kitchen, facing the microwave, when I felt a sudden gust of air on the right side of my face. It was strong enough to blow the hair near my ear up slightly. I checked around the window (which was closed) but couldn't feel any breeze. It had felt like someone was up close to me and had pursed their lips to blow at me. A little bit creepy, but I didn't worry about it.

A few weeks later, I was standing in my laundry when it felt as though someone had pinched my ear lobe between their thumb and finger, and was slowly squeezing it. Very weird. I waited until the feeling went away, about 30 seconds.

Then some months later, I'm in my kitchen drying some dishes, when the little gust of air on the right side of my face happened again. Just the same, with my hair near my ear lifting up. I spun quickly around, and I'm positive the room was slightly hazy for a split second before it looked normal again. I felt very creeped out after that!

I've had no experiences like this since. I'm hoping there's a logical explanation for it all, I just can't find one yet!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LadyJasaya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
It may be that your daughter is sensitive Ladyjasaya. You seem to be on track with letting her know that nothing is "wrong" with her. Great parenting btw. I've been pushed, nudged and touched and each time I've said, "thank you". Just for letting me know they are there and I acknowledge them. Show NO fear and they either go away or need help. She will find her path and you, IMHO will help her.
LadyJasaya (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
Thanks for all your comments. I have not experienced anything since then, but my daughter says that sometimes at school, in one particular classroom, she quite often feels something lightly brush against her legs, and can't find an explanation for it.
I will look up some local history to see if anything has happened around that park too. If I find out anything interesting, I'll let you know!
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
that's not really that scary its just you got to be careful with your daughter
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
You were definitely visited by a spirit.

SCAPE's right, if it ONLY happened when your daughter was around then a spirit might be attached to her or one of the toys she plays with. If the toy is no longer around, then that may explain things no longer happening.

Bad spirits hate the reading of the Bible, the mentioning of Jesus' Name or your singing of hymns if you have a hymnal around.

Want to find out if the spirit is still there? Try the above (with another person for safety reasons)...but be prepared for a possible violent response if it is a bad spirit which I believe, from your account, it was/is (because it touched your ear and caused you discomfort/pain)!
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
You were definitely visited by a spirit.

SCAPE's right, if it ONLY happened when your daughter was around then a spirit might be attached to her or one of the toys she plays with.

Bad spirits hate the reading of the Bible, the mentioning of Jesus' Name or your singing of hymns if you have a hymnal around.

Want to find out if the spirit is still there? Try the above (with another person for safety reasons)...but be prepared for a possible violent response if it is a bad spirit which I believe, from your account, it was/is (because it touched your ear and caused you discomfort/pain)!
glesgaboy (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Hello LadyJasaya, a creepy story indeed!
Have you considered looking into the history of the park area you mentioned?
Is it possible that a death occurred there at some point in time?
If so the "attachment" theory may be a possibility.
Also, if things persist be careful and think about a spiritual cleansing.
You are in a Christian country, keeping a Bible close by can help with protection.
GB.
SCAPE_Paranormal (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Hahahhaha! If it is a ghost than they're just playing with y'all, if your doughter was in the house during those three experiences of yours, it may be attatched to her for some reason. Ask If she has ever used a quiji board or anything like that. It may be creepy and stuff, but trust me, they are just trying to get your attention or mess with you. Don't let it bother you, if they were at all evil, they would have done something scarier than just blowing in your face.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Sounds like spirits. Just random spirits trying to get your attention. It happens to me all of the time. I was at the post office about a year ago and as I was getting into my car I heard the voice of a little girl behind me say "wait!" I turned around to see no one. A couple of days ago my kids and I were in the grocery store and I was talking to a lady when I heard a man behind me say "Good morning Robin." I turned around and said "good morning" to no one. The lady I was talking to looked at me like I was nuts! My kids heard it though and it freaked them out a little. It's nothing to be afraid of. I look at it as people who once lived and loved. Good luck to you in the future.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: