You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whistling Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Whistling Ghost

 

So I'm sat downstairs in my house, just about to go up to bed. Everyone else is upstairs and I hear this very distinctive tune coming from the kitchen. I was naturally freaked out by this at first but me, wanting to just rationalise everything, I merely said it was the wind or my brother whistling upstairs even though that would hardly make sense as I was sure I had heard it coming from the kitchen.

So I go upstairs and I don't really think any of it and I'm sitting in my room. It's about 11:30 now and it began again, this very distinctive whistle like a song or a tune. So now I'm sure this is my brother so I go to tell him to quit with the whistling as it was becoming annoying, but to my shock he was asleep! So I go back to my room a little freaked out and when the whistling begins again this time I actually start shaking. Literally everyone in the house is asleep and there's no way it could have been my parents. Their room is on the other side of the house and it sounded as if this whistle was coming from outside my room!

This continued to happen for 10 minutes so I plucked up some courage, went downstairs, checked all of the appliances, the TV, the oven, etc. I wanted some way of finding a logical explanation but I just couldn't find one. As I was downstairs the worst part is that the whistling sound was now coming from the living room. It's as if this sound was following me around the house. If I was freaked before I was now shiat scared. I ran upstairs, put my earphones in and tried to sleep.

The next day my mother said it was probably just the wind and, granted it was a rainy windy night, but this whistle was so loud and it was a distinctive tune. What the tune was I've no idea but there's no way that was the wind. I'm convinced that it was something paranormal. What was strange was that I've been in this house for 13 of my 16 years living and nothing like this has ever happened.

Tell me what you guys think. I'd really appreciate any input or ideas as to what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nickr97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-30)
Have you checked your gas lines and water lines?
Sometimes pressure builds up in these lines, and when pressure relief devices like valves open, there is a whistling noise.
Check for your lines.
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Of course, I could have been the wind or an appliance, for example, my sister's tv sometimes plays the sound even when the tv is off and nothing shows up on the screen. However, it does sound very unlikely that it was either of these as it was following you around the house. Have you bough any second hand items recently? Sometimes spirits can attach themselves to items, and that could be the only other explanation I could think of!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Somebody whistling. Yup, that would do it for me. I'm with Martha, impressed that you checked it out. Even if your feeling is positive about this ghost, maybe you could ask him to be cool and stop whistling. 😊 Good story.
nickr97 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
Nothing big or that frightening has really happened I've heard weird voices and whispers but if I'm honest I don't think it's evil or melevolent and it doesn't bother me
Martha429 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-23)
Well first of all that is shocking 😲 but it can happen. Do you possibly know if you live near a haunted house that was burned down? Ghosts can move in with us I'll put it in a way were you can understand what I mean. When a haunted house is burned down the ghost don't burn they move in with houses that are close to the house that was burned, but if it's not that than get a priest to bless the house or you can try to ignore the sound but I know it is not easy because I have experience lots of paranormal stuff but I am really glad you had the courage to go downstairs and check, very few people would do that! Congrats! A huge applause! I know I may not be giving any tips or nothing but I am glad you had the courage! 😁 as long as nothing has tried to hurt you than you will be fine dear but if something does hurt you because believe it or not poltergeist can do that! Than you should be fine just believe in good things and good things will happen

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: